Author Topic: Hotel Marina  (Read 13889 times)

Offline Peckedhen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Hotel Marina
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:51:19 PM »
We have just returned from a fantastic week at the Hotel Marina; I can certainly recommend this place without reservation. The hotel is by the beach, close to the bars and restaurants and yet not affected by noise, once the double glazed balcony doors are closed. 

We had a roadside room with a private balcony which afforded lovely views of the beach/sea as well as the beautiful scenery inland.  The room was spacious, immaculately clean, with coffee and tea making facilities, air conditioning and even a mini bar!!  The rooms in the hotel have all been renovated with contemporary beech furniture, the shower was wall fixed on a sliding rail and even had doors as opposed to the usual shower curtain!

The owners, Vasilis and Anita were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help us enjoy our stay. With people like them I felt reassured that should anything go amiss there would be no need for a rep. They even arranged the taxi transfer from the airport. I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay further inland when you can stay here right on the beach. We will definitely return soon.

David and Sue :)

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Hotel Marina
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:16:35 AM »
We had a week there a couple of years ago and had a lovely holiday.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:47:55 PM »
Glad you had a fab holiday, and Arillas worked its charm yet again!!

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »
Glad you had a fab holiday, and Arillas worked its charm yet again!!

Thanks Smiffy,

We enjoyed it soo much that we're going back in September!!
Same hotel, same room. Why go somewhere else?  Arillas is perfect. :)

Offline annie

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:26:48 PM »
i am so glad you had a great time. i have booked my mum there in july and vasillas has been so helpful. we had a lovely meal there last year so when i was looking for a hotel this was my first choice. sounds like she will have a good time

Offline PETRA

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 11:38:32 PM »
hiya,i'm new to this but have been following this site for about a week now.me,my husband nd two chidren are staying at the the marina in two weeks for a fortnite and we cant wait.Has any body got any information on excursions and good restaurants for us,thanks

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 04:22:13 PM »
Hi Petra,

Ooh, lucky you, I wish I was going again so soon.:)

I guess it's a matter of personal taste. We've not had a 'bad' meal anywhere but, our favourites are The Marina, Brouklis, Thalassa and Costa's.

As for excursions, there is an agency just 100 yards inland from the hotel and they offer plenty. I wonder if, there being four of you, it might be cheaper to hire a car and 'do your own thing'?  We have only tried the Corfu Town trip and, it was so hot, we decided that we prefered to stay by the pool or beach.  We did buy a booklet of guided walks around the area and enjoyed those in previous years but, this summer it was just too hot to contemplate!

Enjoy your holiday.
Sue

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:56:46 PM »

I wonder why people return to Arillas again and again?  What is it that draws people back? 

I can't even answer for myself!!  It's everything from the location of the hotel, the lovely, friendly owners, the village, the views, the weather, the locals, the tavernas.........I could go on forever!!

We have found our 'paradise' at The Marina and are already planning for next year!!

David and Sue

Offline eve

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »
We have stayed at the Marina many many times and love it there, a couple of years ago they came out of the English brochures so where did you find them?  I must try and find the e.mail address I had How are they all? Anyone going there will have a great time! Arillas is a special place and those sunsets! ENJOY!!!

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 08:46:43 PM »
Hi Eve,

The family are all well, Anita is expecting - due February!

They are no longer in any British brochures. This year they were with a Scandinavian company but next year are going to rely on private bookings. The email address is:

hotel marina arillas <arillashotelmarina@yahoo.gr> 

Just email Vasilis and he'll get right back to you.

Sue

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:26:27 PM »
I can only agree with whats been said before.

We stayed there last October. The rooms are clean and modern with nice touches like aircon and a mini bar.

You couldnt be more central!

Vasilis and Anita are really lovely too.

Regards

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Peckedhen

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 10:42:11 PM »
I should also mention, for 2008 they will have built a swimming pool, right next to the hotel, in the garden at the front of the apartments. 

I can't wait - counting the months already!!!

Sue

Offline jend

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »
We have just returned from another fabulous week in Arillas. We stayed at The Marina Hotel  and it was brilliant. The rooms have been refurbished to a very high standard, there is a mini bar with very reasonable prices, and tea and coffee making facilities. They even have a TV in each room which shows Sky Sports for those football enthusiasts.

The rooms are spotlessley clean, plenty of hot water and of course views to die for.

The rates were very reasonable 35 euros a night which included breakfast.

All the people at the hotel are wonderful,. We got Thomson flights from Manchester for £120 each and hired a car from economy car rental which cost £120 for the week.

Now I see that you can book The Marina through Corfu Escape which we used last year to stay at The Bardis Studios and as they are also a brilliant company I think this is a winning combination

Booking.com