Author Topic: Favourite restaurants  (Read 56321 times)

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Favourite restaurants
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2007, 06:16:32 PM »
Jill

haven't seen the T shirt or thong, we may have to wait until September to see them, or maybe not, depends on last minute hols.

Mick.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »
Just to keep this Topic open & maybe arouse some summer holiday feelings for some.

No prizes for guessing where this is.

Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2007, 05:19:42 PM »
Nice one Eggy, I bet he`s having a good break.
Lindypops.

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2007, 06:12:10 PM »
Hi Eggy

One of my fave places.  Thanx for the photo.

Mango

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2015, 10:10:09 AM »
Does anyone know if Vavilas is open at lunchtime. We've never eaten there despite promising ourselves every year that we will by but by evening the thought of walking there and back from Kaloudis in the heat stops me (lazy I know but that's what total relaxation does for you) so I think we'll have more chance of getting there lunchtime.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »
Does anyone know if Vavilas is open at lunchtime. We've never eaten there despite promising ourselves every year that we will by but by evening the thought of walking there and back from Kaloudis in the heat stops me (lazy I know but that's what total relaxation does for you) so I think we'll have more chance of getting there lunchtime.

I have called in at lunch times to book a table, I have not seen anyone eating there at lunchtimes.
But if you can make it in the heat of the day the evening should not give you any problems.
A steady walk along the front as the sun sets and then superb food at Vivalis is a must for us.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »
Same here John, so I think the answer must be no, if anybody knows better please correct me.x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
Don't think he opens lunchtimes at all.

Negg

Offline june

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2015, 09:38:23 PM »
Oh well thanks for that looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and go in the evening. Can't go another year wishing we'd got there and not done it. Haven't got many regrets about Arillas but not going to Thomas's would be one.

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2015, 12:36:03 PM »
You do not say when you are going June but if it is in July or August you would be well advised to book a table first as Thomas gets very,very busy in those months.             Ron.

Offline june

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
We're going middle of June so should be ok without booking. We've been coming to Arillas since 2000 and have always intended to go there and never round to it but this will be the year even if it means an early start with Mojito in Ammos Strawberry Daiquiri at Horizon and a G and T in Mirage should make the walk go easier

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
Hi june. We go to Vavilas very often. We currently go early July, but we ALWAYS book in advance now, having been turned away one evening. They can't make new tables/covers for regular visitors however hard they try. We ask Bobby at Bardis Sun Studios to sort it out for us tomorrow, never the same day. Wherever you stay, ask the owners to set it up for you and they will do it. But ask them the day before.

In June, your namesake, I believe it will be a good idea to book. Corfu as a whole is busying up, and peops are finding hard to even book somewhere to stay in Arillas this year. Just plan for the next day or the day after. Thomas always honours his bookings.

And whatever type of fish you like you will enjoy what he cooks. Or no fish at all, but limited possibilities for that in what is truly a fish taverna.

Phil

Offline june

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2015, 08:42:24 PM »
Thanks Phil I'll take your advise I'd hate to eventually get there just to be turned away. Also once it's booked I can't be too lazy to do the walk

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »
I have also walked up in the day to book and not seen anyone eating. I had always presumed Thomas was out fishing in the day for the evening but maybe I am wrong. Well worth the walk but then it is nearer for us as we stay at Bardis sun studios.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2015, 03:51:14 PM »
Never seen anyone eating there in the day but have seen people just having a quick Mythos or two :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com