Author Topic: Word of Warning  (Read 4855 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Word of Warning
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »
i heard from a local Hotel owner the other day about a German Tourist, who was staying at his Hotel. The guy concerned took a Taxi from the Airport, without asking the price. He was charged 80 euros and dropped off about 50 yards from the Hotel.
(Presumably so hotel staff could not see the amount changing hands)
So the morale of the story is."Always ask the price before you get in"
Obviously a "one off" rogue driver who tarnishes the reputation of other Airport taxi's.
(Not only Corfu but all major cities with Airports as we see and hear about)
The better way, as many of you know, is book through someone at Arillas. You know exactly what you will be paying and,in all the years we've been coming over, they've never let us down.
( Even the one time we had a 3 hour delay )
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Word of Warning
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »
Duly noted! And thank you for the warning. I was thinking of using the form on this site anyway for the taxi booking.
Life is good ;)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
That is horrible that that happened, as you say its a one off who chanced his luck, i hope everyone who gets a taxi takes note, no-one wants a bad start to their holiday!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »
When I was out with Nancy one day in May I deciced to do some shopping in town, and meet her in a couple of hrs, seeing that I wasnt quite sure of the way I got a taxi asking the driver first how much it would be, he wanted to charge me 15 euros for a 1-2 mile jouney, if Nancy hadnt been there to tell him that I wouldnt pay that I would have been walking or paying his price as at the time I hadnt relised how short a jouney it was from the airport so I might suggest you also find out how far you have to go. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com