Author Topic: old arillas  (Read 8570 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
old arillas
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:01:15 PM »
I have just had a look at the old photos of Arillas, they are brilliant..  The 1985 photo shows how it was and it was very quiet, but apart from the restaurants nothing else looks like it has changed.  The Brouklis looks very different too.  Worth having a look if you havent done so already.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: old arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
Dimitris, what is the meaning of 'Brouklis'?  Is it a family name or does it mean something else?

Offline Angie Redshoes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Angie & Chris @ Amos Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
I have just had a look at the old photos of Arillas, they are brilliant..  The 1985 photo shows how it was and it was very quiet, but apart from the restaurants nothing else looks like it has changed.  The Brouklis looks very different too.  Worth having a look if you havent done so already.

I seem to remember Dimitris saying that if we had any old photos of Arillas, he might be able to do some magic with them and get them up-loaded. We have soooooo many pics from 1985 that compared to today, show all the changes. Thankfully, unlike San Stef, it actually has not changed beyond recognition.... it has just steadily improved to just the right level. I will dig out the pics and drop them into Dimitris when I go over in August.
Yammas Angie x

2007 I will be living on Corfu.... YAY!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
That would be fab Angie, i think we'd all love to see some of those, i was 7 in 1985 when those piccies were taken!!

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
I seem to remember Dimitris saying that if we had any old photos of Arillas, he might be able to do some magic with them and get them up-loaded. We have soooooo many pics from 1985 that compared to today, show all the changes. Thankfully, unlike San Stef, it actually has not changed beyond recognition.... it has just steadily improved to just the right level. I will dig out the pics and drop them into Dimitris when I go over in August.

At the moment I can not alow public uploads in our photo gallery due to website security setings.
However you can always send them to my [gmail] kourkoulos.dimitris(at)gmail.com    in full format so I can fix them in our galleries.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »
Look forward to seeing the photos.  Oh Smiffy that make me feel really old!! ;)

Offline Angie Redshoes

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »

At the moment I can not alow public uploads in our photo gallery due to website security setings.
However you can always send them to my [gmail] kourkoulos.dimitris(at)gmail.com    in full format so I can fix them in our galleries.

Hi Dimitris

The problem is that all our old pics are not digital.... they are the real old style photographs! I will see if we can maybe scan them and then send them to you, or I would be happy to let you have the originals when we move over in October, that way, maybe we can do something with them when you are not quite so busy!
Yammas Angie x

Offline Angie Redshoes

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »
That would be fab Angie, i think we'd all love to see some of those, i was 7 in 1985 when those piccies were taken!!

GROAN........ I feel soooooooooo old now Smiffy!!
Yammas Angie x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 02:52:22 PM »
Hahahahaha sorry girlies it wasnt meant as a quote to make you all groan :-D !!

Anyways youre not old, just experienced ;-) !!

Offline Angie Redshoes

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »
Lol Smiffy.....  now that, I can live with!
Yammas Angie x

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »
Yep... me too!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »
I'm actually quite happy being the age I am. I have much more fun now than ever I did in my twenties...or thirties....or forties for that matter!
Sandy x

Offline Angie Redshoes

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »
I'm actually quite happy being the age I am. I have much more fun now than ever I did in my twenties...or thirties....or forties for that matter!

Sandy.... that is sooooo true.... I am staring down the double barrell of my 50th..... am I bovvered! lol
Yammas Angie x

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 03:31:57 PM »
Actually i wouldn't want it any other way either!!  Im quite lucky really i dont really look my age haha!!  ;)

Offline Angie Redshoes

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »
Actually i wouldn't want it any other way either!!  Im quite lucky really i dont really look my age haha!!  ;)

LOL..... me either.... flaming gorgeous!!!! lol lol
Yammas Angie x

Booking.com