Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel  (Read 7516 times)

Kas

Bardis Sun Hotel
« on: August 02, 2004, 01:59:40 AM »
Dear All
I have just returned from a wonderful 2 week break in Arillas and I stayed at the Bardis Sun Hotel.  To be honest I found the hotel perfectly fine.  I think we should note that the Hotel and Apartments are actually 2 different places and owned by 2 different people.  Although the bar did open at the studio apartments until 1am the pool bar at the hotel closed at 6pm.  

Yes this hotel is very basic - but it is clean and adequate for what we used it for (mainly sleeping!)  The showers were a bit of a problem - however once you got used to it then it was fine!  Okay so the drainage system isn't that great (isn't it the same for all of Greece?) but whats a bit of water on the floor!  We could often be seen nipping out for the mop and giving it a bit of a wipe - but hey it was no big deal!  And in fact gave us something to laugh about!

The swimming pool at the Bardis Sun was one of the best I have seen. It was pretty large and very quiet and from what I could see was cleaned out every day - I certainly didn't have any problem swimming in it!

Yes maybe it was basic and yes maybe it would be nice to stay in a luxary hotel - however I for one enjoyed my time at the Bardis Sun and wouldn't be put off by what others think!  It will be what you make it - if you want something to ruin your holiday then it will - however, if you want a nice relaxing time (lets face it you will probably be out all day anyhow) then this is an okay place - just don't expect the Ritz!

In saying all that I would stay here again for sure!

Best wishes

Kas

ps  You have to try the Horzin for a meal - its the best on the strip!

Offline ladyarcher07

Re: Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »
I just want to say that I am thankful with you because you allow us to read your post and thank you because you share your wonderful experience in Arsillas especially when you stay at Bardis Sun Hote. My partner and I stayed at the Bardis Sun B Apartments last year, it was our first time to Arillas in Northern Corfu and we had a very pleasent 11 day break. Arillas itself is ideally suited to couple or those with young family's, I wouldn't recommend it if you were planning on going on a boys holiday or if you had older children with you, apart from some pool tables around the bars and hotels.

Offline Gino

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »
I know that the Bardis sun apartments take great pride in their pool and the cleaning is done every day, it is just off the beaten track and therefor tends to be a little more tranquil than some of the others, Poppy and Spiros are very friendly and will gladly spend hours behind the bar chatting away. they are proud owners who really care about the customers who tend to return year on year

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
We usually stay elsewhere in Arillas (Kaloudis Village or Horizon) - however, we can thoroughly recommend the hospitality offered by Poppy and Spiros (and their son Bobby of course!) We've not yet met George but understand he's very good also

We always go and have a chat (and a few drinks!) with Poppy and Spiros and Bobby every time we're in Arillas - it's one of our "traditions". Oh - and Poppy's breakfasts are superb!, especially the eggs!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »
Groan.... staying for 3 weeks.

Oh - and Poppy's breakfasts are superb!, especially the eggs!

3 weeks of gorgeous breakfasts, to add to lunches and evening meals next July. I'll weigh a TON when I get back next summer....

Phil
(Don't care much though...)

Offline julied

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »
went in for a few drinks at lunch time lovely friendly people made us most welcome

Booking.com