Author Topic: Takeoff From Corfu Airport Plus Aerial Photo of Arillas  (Read 18911 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Takeoff From Corfu Airport Plus Aerial Photo of Arillas
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:11:09 PM »
I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this Post but I have uploaded a video, to YouTube, of our  takeoff from Corfu Airport, last Monday (16th July 2007).

It was the Air Malta Flight 6109 to Birmingham.

Maybe you were on the flight?

If you can stay with the video to near the end (the middle part is a bit boring as you can only see the wing and the sky), there is quite a nice view of Corfu Town. I think thats the part where the sadness really starts, because the holiday is over and you are homeward bound.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Takeoff From Corfu Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 10:24:10 PM »
Cool Video!  You never think it will take off before it hits the water... Corfu town looked bigger than I thought it was.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
Aerial Photo of Arillas added
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 03:53:20 PM »
This is the view of Arillas from the plane as we flew home. Use the scroll bars to see detail. If you save the image to your hard drive you can zoom in to see more detail.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Takeoff From Corfu Airport Plus Aerial Photo of Arillas
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
Thats a fab picture, i sat there and spotted The Bardis studios where we stayed!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 05:03:50 PM »
Hi Claire - how sad is that! (I've just done the same and identified Kaloudis and the walks we went on) I'm very Arillas-sick..

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »
Hi Janis , haha oh im so glad im not the only one!

Arillas sick is a terrible illness isnt it, i wonder if our doctors will prescribe a weeks holiday FOC to make us feel better!!  If only ay!!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »
Wow that is a really good picture.  I have just spotted the Bardis Sun appartments and the hotel also.  I must be sad too. ;)  I can never make anything out when i am looking out of the aeroplane window!!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 08:02:44 PM »
How did you take the video/pictures was it on camera or video
Jill XXX

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:35:27 PM »
It was with a Canon Sureshot S50 on max zoom.

I love maps and I just take lots of photos of the land below . The hardest part is finding a part of the window that isn't dirty and to hold the camera as still as possible. The camera does not emit any electronic signals so it is safe to use on take off and landing.

My Videos on YouTube were all taken with the same camera.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »
They are ace Terry - even got the butterfly feeling in my tummy taking off - I hate that part of flying - might watch it a few more times to see if I can de-sensitise before next Monday!
Cheryl O

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »
Try to sit by a window Cheryl, and enjoy the views. I think we all feel apprehensive about taking off and landing, but the thought of going to somewhere like Arillas makes it worth while.

Where are you flying from?

Have a lovely holiday.

Terry

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
My son always grabs the window seat - comes out with the usual lame excuse 'I get travel sick if I can't sit by the window'!!!  Such a fibber!  It's when the engines roar and the plane picks up speed, my stomach just goes in knots and I grab the arm rests, shut my eyes and hope for the best!

Thanks Terry, we fly from Manchester and will be our third visit to Arillas so we are all getting very giddy now!

By the way I noticed from earlier posts that you normally go to Kefalonia, my mum is there now and has been going for the last 15 years.  How does it compare to Arillas then?  Which do you prefer?  Just wondered, if my mum would like Arillas for a change.
Cheryl O

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »
That was great Terry...but next time could you please stick your head outa the window to try and get my place in the picture ;-)

Eileenxx

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »
Hi Cheryl.

We always stayed near Skala in Kefalonia, at a place called Mounda bay. The hotel was situated  amongst the sand dunes so it was very quiet and to me it was the best holiday place ever.

This year we wanted a change and tried to look for somewhere that was similar to Skala. A  girl at the Co Op Travel agents in Leamington Spa recommended Arillas, and taking all aspects of the holiday into account I would have to say that Arillas is now my favourite holiday place.

If your Mum likes Kefalonia, I am sure she would love Arillas. I think the only thing that I missed from not going to Kefalonia was the scenery.  Kefalonia has more "mountains" than Corfu and therefore makes the landscape a lot more dramatic.

Terry

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 02:27:48 PM »
Thanks Terry I will mention it to her.  Have not been myself but from what I've seen it really does look a beautiful place, I was hoping to go on a boat trip from Arillas last year but they had stopped doing them when we were there.
Cheryl O

Booking.com