Author Topic: just returned from 1st time to Arillas  (Read 19517 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
just returned from 1st time to Arillas
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
Returned on mon 16th July from 1 week in Arillas.  First time here, only one bad thing to say about it - IT WASNT LONG ENOUGH!!!  Have already left a deposit at Tria Adelphia to return in September.  What a beautiful place, totally fell in love with it.  Saw the donut man on the 2nd day, on the beach, i was staring at him, thinking that's him! he came over but i immediately said no thanks.  Have left a report on Vavalis fish restaurant on another thread.  Stayed at Leonidas, pretty little room, loved it.  Also ate at Bourklis, The Captain, and Armourda.   Bourklis, the captain, lovely food, good value.  Didnt really enjoy the Amourda, bit pricey and not really tasty as others.  Went up to Afionas to see the fantastic views.  Just a totally chilled out, peaceful, wonderful week.  Love the people, they are so friendly and warm.  I am now, i am proud to say, an Arillas addict.  LOVE IT.

Offline flickflack

Re: just returned from 1st time to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »
i am going out there for the first time also, on sat. am really looking forward to it, although need to rethink my suncream factor, as it is going up to 39 degrees. did you have it hoT?, hope you didn't burn

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
we just missed the heatwave, it was a comfortable 30 to 33 degrees.  Two really windy days, which was nice and refreshing. enjoy!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »
Hi Sharon,

See we told you you'd become addicted didnt we haha!!

So glad you enjoyed your first time in Arillas and that its not going to be your last!  I also read your post on Vavilas and noticed that youd obviously patched things up with your partner, im really glad you had someone to share the experience of Arillas with you in the end.

Countdown to September now then for you too :-) !

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 02:48:16 PM »
Thanks Smiffy, yes we patched it up and Arillas put a great big bandage around it.  Only wish i had known Arillas existed when we first started coming to corfu 3 years ago.  There really is no other place for me now.  Agree also, that if i had come on my own, i would have been totally safe.  Cant say that about a lot of places these days.  May it never change, it is a breath of fresh air.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »
Am so pleased that you had such a lovely time Sharon - sounds like it was just what you both needed!  I never understood people who went back to the same place year after year - until we went to Arillas - now I wouldn't want to go anywhere else!
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Im really pleased you enjoyed so much and that Arillas worked its charm on you and your relationship!

Well all i can say its better late than never knowing that it existed, i hope you both have many more enjoyable holidays in Arillas :-) .

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
That's great news Sharon....really pleased it was such a good holiday for you both. The first of many.....
Sandy x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 04:58:39 PM »
So pleased you enjoyed your first time in Arillas, Sharon! It was our first time, too, this year and can't wait until we've saved enough pennies to go back again! (Not really skint, we've just had the fascias done, booked for a new front door, and then the garage door is to be replaced.....)
We, too, feel like Arillas addicts already - I'm on the website most days, reading messages (and sometimes contributing as well)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 05:53:29 PM »
Excellent news.... a holiday is obviously what you both needed!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 07:54:49 PM »
We used to laugh at people going to the same place year after year after year.  Didn't they want to see the world.  The you guessed it a last minute bargain to Arillas and yes in the last 9 years we have been no where else.  Even had to start going twice a year.  Our Daughters now love the place as much as we do.  It's just addictive

Jill
Jill XXX

Maggie

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 08:05:13 PM »
I'm so glad you liked arillas, and you have chosen a great place to stay in September. What date are you going? We are 4 girls going out on 10th .Maybe we will see you.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
I love the bit about the bandage around your relationship, you never know Arillas might see another wedding in a few years time, it does have that kind of effect on many people. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 09:36:18 PM »
It's fantastic when you read a story like yours.  All of us remember the first time we discovered Arillas, the most fabulous place I have ever been.  We too said we would never go to the same place twice.  Now it's only ever Arillas.  Occasionally we have tried other places, just to see, but no where beats it.  We will never forget our first holiday there in July 1999.  It was magical.  So glad that you felt the same and so pleased that it helped sort out your relationship.  Keep going back, as you have already discovered, it really is special.  So pleased for you.

Offline carol h

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:50 PM »
Hi Have to agree with you sharon f, We also returned on 16th after our first time,we are also hooked,It all sounded so marvellous reading about it on the forum before we went,but we couldn't believe what a fantastic place it really was once we got there and experienced it for ourselves paradise we are hoping to return in September,just can't wait to get back,the food,the people, the scenery,the beach,everything is perfect!!

Booking.com