Author Topic: just returned from 1st time to Arillas  (Read 19519 times)

Offline jujustu

Re: just returned from 1st time to Arillas
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19:56 PM »
Hello smiffy

If I had my way I would be coming back next week but I dont think my boss would like it too much!!! It was such a relaxing holiday, we went on one trip (to Parga and paxos) but apart from that the time was spent sunbathing oh and eating and drinking!!  The diet started on Monday!! If I win the lottery tonight I will be out there next week.  I'm trying to find a good deal for next year but havent found anything yet but will keep trying.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »
Thats what a good holiday is all about, sunbathing, eating and drinking!!

Oh if i won id be out there like a shot too!  You will get a deal, just got to keep those eyes peeled, good luck!!

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »
Hi Jujustu, glad you had a great time.  If you are looking for a good deal, definitely check out corfuescape.com.  We use them and they offer the personal touch.  We stay at the Bardis Sun Studios which are lovely and only a couple of minutes walk from the Mirage.  We are amazed by the prices for two in a studio.  Take a look.  So pleased that you fell in love with Arillas just like the rest of us.  : o )

Offline kazza

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 07:35:56 PM »
My family and I have just returned from our first trip to Arillas.  What a fantastic place! Everyone was very friendly and we felt very safe - no big groups of drunken yobs anywhere!!!  We will certainly be returning at some point in the future.  The memory of the sunsets will stay with us forever!!!

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »
Thank you kazza for your post, my wife and I are looking forward to our 1st time in Arillas in the first week of September 2007.

Everyone was very friendly and we felt very safe - no big groups of drunken yobs anywhere!!!

Just the information we like to see.

Did you do any boat trips at all? We wish to go to Saranda.

Also, did you use the Water Taxi to nearby resorts like San Stefanos?

Offline sheila

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »
Hi J ames we will be there first week in September,where are you staying?I'm sure you will love it ,this will be our third visit to Arillas.
SHEILA

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 10:09:32 PM »
Hi sheila.

Sorry for the late reply, I lost the post.

We're booked into the Alexandros Studios at the far end of the road from the beach.

Our first time in Arillas. After very careful consideration, I chose Arillas because it offers the type of holiday we like.

We don't have a pool, but understand we can use the one at the Rainbow Bar nearby for the price of a drink or snack? :-)

I found out today, the Alex' is quite old with small rooms, but hopefully enough for us.

Offline sheila

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »
Hi James will see you there then because we are staying at the Rainbow, it has a good bar and snacks and Jimmy and Spiros are great hosts and will make you very welcome.
SHEILA

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 04:29:27 PM »
Hi James,

The Alexandros are lovely apartments, Angeliki and her husband are there from early morning to late afternoon, cleaning and looking after the gardens etc. They are so peaceful. People say they are quite small but I have to say that for the past few years I have not really experienced staying in a large apartment so the size did not bother me when we stayed last year.

You can also use the pool at the Marvelous a little bit further down the road, this tends to be a little quieter than the Rainbow, but both are really nice and welcoming places to visit.

You must visit the Captains for a meal, great value for money and good quality food. (If you are a fan of an English Breakfast I'm sure they can teach the English how breakfast should be done!) It is a quiet place, with a definite 'greek' feel to it, with good food choices for both Greek & English style food.

Or meander up the road in the morning to the Bakery and get yourself some fresh bread or croissants, and sit on your balcony and enjoy.

We are coming back to Arillas in the last week of September having already visited in May can't wait to get back to all that lovely food and surroundings!

Enjoy.....................

Offline nikki

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »
Also, did you use the Water Taxi to nearby resorts like San Stefanos?

There is a sign about water taxi in the window of helens next door to alex supermarket.Last year when the water sports kiosk was open they used to radio for a water taxi. We never used it but we hired a boat for the day instead and did our own exploring. It was great. Where are you staying?
:)

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »
Thank you sheila and Hels Bels.
                                               I see the Marvelous on the map, so we'll probably try their pool as well. Is the Rainbow noisy due to constant disco music, or people talking loudly?

We've had the music problem at other places, it seems to be for the benefit of the staff  ;-)

I'll get the bread and provisions for breakfast as we like continental style. I had enough of 'Heart Attack' style in the Army  ;-)

Cannot see the Captains on my map, but I'm sure we'll find it.  :-)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 11:44:38 AM »
James, if you go the list of subjects at the side on your left of the forum and click on Arillas Map then click on tourist map and the map will appear in another window.

The Captains can be seen on here, its just past The Brouklis on the map.

Hope this helps.

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2007, 11:12:44 AM »
Thank you smiffy.
                          The printed map I have just calls it 'Taverna' on the other side of the road from Marvelous Hotel. I'll amend it accordingly.  :-)

Another for the list.  ;-)

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2007, 02:42:33 PM »
James, Captain`s is opposite The Marvel. Another good eating place.
Lindypops.

Offline Alan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2007, 12:30:57 AM »
Hi Sharon, ive just returned from my bit of Paradise and i booked next years holiday in may just gone, only 50 weeks till i go again for my quarter of a century in Arillas. Im soooo gutted, i didnt want to leave as usual and met some new people who are going back next year as well. Im glad you enjoyed your stay in paradise, everybody does ok, take care Sharon speak to you soon ok.
Alan xx

Booking.com