Author Topic: Villa Linakis  (Read 18018 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Villa Linakis
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:57:12 PM »
I've put this under general chat because it's not an acommadation review. As some of you know Eileen bought me some hinges from England so when I popped round to collect them I cast a "Builders D.I.Y Eye" around the villa.
( As yer do if you're a bit nosey & looking for ideas )
I was very impressed with not only the very high standard of finish but also the decorations and quality of furnishing. A very well laid out Villa which gives so much space that, even with 6 people in there, you can still vanish and do your own thing.
Anyone who's watched these house building progs on TV, or been involved thereselves, can appreciate the amount of stress you can be under. To undertake a project like that, in another country, takes nerves of steel. Credit to both her & Keith for acheiving it. Also a feather in the cap for the people of Arillas which must be a good place to be if people take this amount of stress on board to build Villas or indeed a new home.
Negg
( This is not an advert & I'm not on commision - Although an Ouzo would be nice!! )

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Villa Linakis
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:22 PM »
We have looked round a few times, the last being in May and al I could say every time we went from room to room was OOOO Eileen. It is lovely and I think the prices to let are very good.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY foe tomorrow Eillen if you see this. Love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Angie Redshoes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Angie & Chris @ Amos Arillas
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »
I agree, Eileen`s villa is beautiful, she very kindly showed me around in May. Luckily, we share the same builder,  it does help to aleviate the stress a little when you know that your builder will do a first rate job.
Yammas Angie x

2007 I will be living on Corfu.... YAY!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »
Neill,

I've only just caught up with this topic, what a surprise and how kind of yourself, Angie and Viv to post these compliments. :-)

To be honest initially we wanted the 'easier' route of a ready-build but at the time there was nothing like that for miles and miles around.  Now of course we are glad we chose to build from scratch thus allowing us the freedom to chose a plot of land that we immediately fell in love with. It also meant that we were able to work with our builders in designing a house that suited our taste/needs and not forgetting the all important budget!

As Angie rightly says "it does help to alleviate the stress a little when you know that your builder will do a first rate job."

It's very observant of you to notice that there is plenty of space to "vanish and do your own thing." !  That was an absolute must have...I really need my space to disappear and read a book!  Also I think that if there is a larger party in the villa it is good to be able to escape friends  or relatives for a while.;-)

Do you know what is really nice?  When I'm pottering in the garden and our neighbors from up the hill pass in their cars and scooters peeping their horns and shouting their greetings.  Probably saying to themselves 'that mad woman is back again'!

After our late night last Tuesday I was up at the crack of dawn potting up the plants that you and Wendy bought for me...very nice they look too...my plants are like my little babies...I worry about them when I'm not there :-)

Eileenx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
Eileen
Isn't it great when you have good neighbours like that?

if your plants do as well as ours, even in this heat, they should give you a lovely welcome on your return. - As well as the neighbours that is.
( And us of course!)
Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »

......( And us of course!)
Negg

Of course!! :-)

Eileenx

Offline karena

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
I stayed in villa linakis in May of this year and it was just lovely. A bit further to go after a few of the horizon cocktails but beautifully furnished and equipped.Eileen is also an incredibly helpful person

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »
The villa looks great! Was it the same builders who did Helios Court Villa as there are similarities??

Also, generally what months are classed as high and mid?

Paul

Offline BBB

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »
You will find details of the High/Mid/Low seasons on the website on the Availability page.
www.villalinakis.com

Offline pg32

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
Duh!! Sorry about that did not click on Availability just clicked on Tariff!! Cheers!!

Paul

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 03:04:16 PM »
Yes pg32 it's the same builder...also doing ours, albeit a bit slower.....
Sandy x

Offline pg32

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 03:15:43 PM »
Thanks Sandy, i thought that it was. Where is your being built?

Paul

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »
Up the hill past Eileen's, turn right at the boat near the houses and go along the track. Fantastic view.....we started in May 2005 so it has GOT to be ready for next season. It is very simple - just a two bedroom cottage really - but we hope to let it out as it has cost far more than our original quote and maybe it will appeal to certain holiday-makers who want something a bit more comfortable than the average studio/apartment. Watch this space...
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »
Sandy
A very simple 2 Bed Cottage ???? - You modest little tinker you !!
Be suprised people when it becomes available to rent.
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 06:17:25 PM »
In comparison to Eileen's and Helios Court it is very modest with no swimming pool. Hence it's name - Kouklospito - The Dolls House. Partly because it is smaller than most of the houses on that hill....and of course, Joyce and I are the dolls! (If I could remember how to do a wink, I'd do one now!)
Sandy x

Booking.com