Author Topic: Food shopping on a budget in Arillas  (Read 5828 times)

Offline vicky/liam

Food shopping on a budget in Arillas
« on: March 16, 2004, 11:58:15 PM »
Hello everyone!

We are finally managing to come back to Arillas 3 years after our first visit and can't wait till August!! We are bringing our 3 children and Liam's Mam but we've had a bit of a hiccup. Originally, we had a generous budget for spending money as I had gone back to work after 12 yrs of bringing up the kids (its amazing the difference that my part time wages added to Liam's!). Anyway, I've had to go on fairly long term sick so my pay has gone down to virtually nothing. Unfortunatly it's made a big dent in the spends so a few cutbacks are needed. :cry:
Can anyone recommend the best places for grub on a budget?

I hate having to ask this after all our plans but, we're still so excited about coming back I don't think it'll bother us!!  :D

love Vicky and Liam  xxx

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:05:15 PM »
Hiya
I would recommend getting snacks from Ina's shop as she has a good choice as well as some English food. You can get cheap meals at Sam's(grill bar next to the Malibu Bar) I eat there a lot when I am there.I recommend their English breakfast!

Hope this helps !  :wink:
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 06:43:13 PM »
Hi, Vicky,

It was either 7 or 8 euros last year for a 3 course set meal special in Graciellas.  For that price you get generous portions of well prepared food in a lovely setting overlooking the sea.

There is also the a bakers on the left side of road out of Arillas towards the Tria Adelphi hotel, which may come in handy for the filled rolls etc.

Enjoy your holiday, you deserve it.

Eileen

P.S I nearly forgot!  There is a pizza 'place' next to Whispers and they do take-aways.

Offline vicky/liam

shopping on a budget
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 04:48:25 PM »
Thankyou for your replies.  :)

I had completely forgotten about the baker's Eileen!

I'm sure we will enjoy the hols we've come too far now not to!!

Booking.com