Author Topic: Akti Arillas  (Read 37971 times)

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
Akti Arillas
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »
Hi all

I have posted about this before - sorry to be a pain!  We're staying at the Akti Arillas when we come in September.  Can anyone let me know if it's ACTUALLY any good as far as the standard of accommodation, cleanliness etc goes?  Trip Advisor is my usual source of such information but nobody's posted a single review about it on there, which is unusual in itself.

From other sources all I've heard is that the surrounding area is unbearably noisy - can anyone confirm / deny this?? 

Has anyone got any other information going?

Ta muchly

Smoosh

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Akti Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »
Hi there, ive never stayed at Akti but obviously walked past a fair few times, i dont understand the view of it being unbearably noisy, its not a noisy resort anyway, but its not opposite the 2 bars or anything like that, its just a little further on.

Hopefully someone will post who has actually stayed there and will be able to confirm or deny :-) .

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »
There is a thread under "Akti Hotel" in accomadation Reviews/Hotels.
Or just type Akti Hotel on the search. This will give you a little more info.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 04:11:36 PM »
We were in Arillas in May and If I am not mistaken (I could be due to the Mataxa influence)The Atki has had some refurbishment..

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »
I thought the Akti was along the road just opposite the 2 bars.  Some of the rooms face the bars and will hear the music.  Isnt there a new small restaurant built on the outside now, it looks different than last year.  We did think the music was a bit louder this year than last, walking from the fish restaurant we could hear the karaoke across from there.  All in all though it isnt a noisy resort, it might just be whatever is playing for the evening.  I thought the rooms seemed to have glass sliding doors so they might be quieter.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:14:34 PM »
Yes I think they have had all new full length windows along the front & the resteraunt looked realy nice.

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »
A colleague from work has stayed there.Think it was last year,if not then a couple of years ago.She's been going to Arillas for the last 15/16 years.She said it was a basic but clean and nice.Fairly standard typical small Greek hotel.We were at the Marvel in May so had a nosey in the passing and the main public areas looked ok.
Position wise as already mentioned you may hear noise from the nearby bars but Arilas is not a wild, rowdy resort.
Have a lovely time.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 02:39:35 AM »
It also had lovely tubs of flowers outside in May......
Sandy x

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »

Morning Smoosh.

We stayed there last September. The rooms are small but clean and were in need of a spruce up, however I believe they have been refurbished for this year.

It can be a tad noisy from the 2 bars opposite but you can e mail the hotel and request rooms at the back of the hotel. We did this and it did help.(plus the added benefits of some local grape juice can also be effective !!!!!! )

The family who run the hotel are very nice and I am sure they will  help you if possible.

There were a lot of people there who return every year and we would have no problems going

Anyway  I am sure you will enjoy it.  Pauline

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »
We stayed at the Akti two years ago, the rooms are basic but spotlessly clean. Take time to have a cocktail at the bar with Spiro, and have a chat with the owner Stamatis, who is a lovely chap. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 01:01:26 AM »
Have stayed at the Akti. It`s very clean, and a very helpful family will accomodate. The best sight -------------- was Spiros waiting to bring his guests in, in the morning! A lovely picture. After a night flight, it was lovely to see him. Coffee was freely made available, which was very welcome. I have to add, Spiros does like his tea, a varied assortment. Maybe take a few various assortments! I posted some, and I think he enjoyed. All in all, a very good choice of accommodation.
Lindypops.

Offline smoosh

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 11:27:23 AM »
Thanks a lot everyone, I'm sure the noise won't be a problem for us because we'll probably want to go over there for a drink anyway!  After all, we are on holiday!  :)

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »
Hi smoosh.
                Try to get a room which is not facing the road.

Mrs Walker found the noise from the Coconut and Malibu Bars objectionable, it goes on until 02:00, and has become louder over time.

We're at the far end of the beach road, but the noise has been heard at The Bakery.  :-(

Offline smoosh

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 10:18:49 AM »
Thanks James.  I will email them today and ask for a room away from the road.  People have said in the past that they can get a bit upset if you complain about the noise so I hope they're ok about it...  :)

Offline smoosh

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »
I emailed the Akti the week before last, requesting a room away from the road, but I haven't heard anything back...should I be concerned?!

Booking.com