Author Topic: New pool.  (Read 10382 times)

Anonymous

New pool.
« on: August 09, 2004, 06:18:54 PM »
When we were last in Arillas there was a new pool being built on the beach.Is this now completed and does it alter the feel of the village?

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 06:58:25 PM »
Yes its finished and if its the one I saw, it looks like Flintstone Village - yuk!

Aly

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-New Pool
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 07:02:10 PM »
Yes the new pool is finished, it is called The Mirage and is owned and run by the owners of the Malibu Bar.

In my opinion it is a welcome addition to the seafront blending in quite nicely, with a lot of thought having gone into the design and layout.  It has a few different areas for relaxing and eating, even a 'real fire' for the cooler evenings in the early/late season!

A small childrens play area and a Pool Table are also available.  The pool itself is lovely, with a section for children.

The meals are reasonable quality, though I can't remember pricewise how they fared.

I was quite wary of how the finished look would be, but the owners have managed to avoid a crassly commercialized look, it will be interesting to see other member opinions.

Eileen.

Maggie1

New pool.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 08:26:25 PM »
I liked the Mirage. We spent a pleasant day there, and had lunch there. The pool is lovely and the view of the sea is great. They made a lovely job of designing it. Much better than the gap that used to be there, and blends in quite well. Maggie.

Samantha!

New pool.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 09:45:43 PM »
Everyone it isnt yuk, it's beautiful! I have loads of lovely photos and will try and get them on here. I went there everyday and had a lovely time. I think George and Nicos picked a lovely spot on the front. I recommend trying one of the full english breakfasts.You get loads of food for 4.50 and it's cooked lovely. The pool is cleaned every day and it's just a lovely place. You must check it out

Sam x

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 12:19:17 PM »
Yuk

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 01:01:51 PM »
lets not get silly now :roll:  like we have said in other posts everyone has their own opinion!!

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 05:18:41 PM »
Glad to get some feed back from my message.We fly out on friday afternoon so will be able to make up our own minds.Everything else in Arillas is great so I should think this is too. Will give my comments when we return.

Nej

Mirage
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 12:03:56 AM »
I got back from Arillas in the early hours of this morning and miss it already. I spent some time at the Mirage and would like to say that it is lovely....the pool was clean and welcoming, the food was excellent and cheap but most importantly the staff were friendly. Just to show you what it looks like now, see these 2 photos taken last week http://www.webcove.co.uk/jennydelvino/photos/arillas/011.jpg and http://www.webcove.co.uk/jennydelvino/photos/arillas/008.jpg
I think you will agree that it fits in well.

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 11:12:21 AM »
I got back from Arillas in the early hours of this morning and miss it already
..........Fair to say 'you will be going back'??? :D

You obviously enjoyed your holiday and the Mirage helped contribute to it.  It's encouraging to hear new businesses getting good reviews, especially after putting so much into it. :D

Thanks for the photos they remind me of where I will be relaxing in 3 weeks time. :D

Eileen

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 11:37:15 AM »
We really liked the Mirage and spent quite a lot of our week eating there and relaxing by the pool. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced and the staff friendly - also they gave 15% discount if you came back more than once so another good reason to go there!

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
Re: Mirage
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 05:54:27 PM »
Quote from: Nej
I got back from Arillas in the early hours of this morning and miss it already. I spent some time at the Mirage and would like to say that it is lovely....the pool was clean and welcoming, the food was excellent and cheap but most importantly the staff were friendly. Just to show you what it looks like now, see these 2 photos taken last week http://www.webcove.co.uk/jennydelvino/photos/arillas/011.jpg and http://www.webcove.co.uk/jennydelvino/photos/arillas/008.jpg
I think you will agree that it fits in well.

I wish you had'nt posted these photos...I'm depressed now, I could see the sunlounger we lay on when we were there. Same position too.  :cry:

Nej

Re: Mirage
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 11:52:40 AM »
Quote from: killie

I wish you had'nt posted these photos...I'm depressed now, I could see the sunlounger we lay on when we were there. Same position too.  :cry:

I know what you mean....I cant stay away from this site even though all it does is remind me that I'm back in the miserable, cold, wet UK...I have more photos from last week though if you want to be depressed!

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
New pool.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 12:43:43 PM »
Hey Killie,

I wish you had'nt posted these photos...I'm depressed now, I could see the sunlounger we lay on when we were there. Same position too.

You've been so quiet lately we all thought you gone back over and taken up residence on that lounger!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Eileen.

Anonymous

New pool.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 02:11:38 AM »
this is the reason to go if someone else give you 20% off so you go away :P
also they gave 15% discount if you came back more than once so another good reason to go there![/quote]

Booking.com