Author Topic: What is the best Month to go to Arillas?  (Read 7068 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
What is the best Month to go to Arillas?
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »
I need some advise from the forum again please. I am going to book soon to go next year and hopefully for one week in October this year.

What is the best month to go to Arillas?  I am tempted to go the same as this year,which was from 2nd July to 16th, but that is because I am hoping that the Music and Dance evening will be happening again. Is it is an annual occurrence, or maybe the wine festival would be a better bet in August?

Also,  what is the best book for information about Arillas? I guess this whole forum printed out would be a good idea. How about publishing a book Dimitris?

Terryw

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: What is the best Month to go to Arillas?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »
I think May & October but im not a heat wave person. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »
It very much depends on how hot you like it, we have visited almost every month from arpril to sept, july and aug are the hot months, but if you just like Arillas for what it is and just want to chill out then any month will be fine.We are planning on coming back again late sept/oct but it will very much depend on finding the right flight at the right price as they have gone up a tad due to the weather here and peeps wanting to get away.
When ever you go enjoy and the wine festival is mid sept
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »
Vivians's got it right.
If you're not an "out n out" sun worshipper then May or end Sept 1st week Oct are good times.July is usually very hot and August, I think, clashes with a few Greek Holidays when, it can be very busy.
Pesonnally we love early May as you can watch Arillas slowly wake up and prepare itself for the next 5/6 months.
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
I like all the months we`ve been, especially May and October. Mind you, this May was a scorcher! I can`t wait to go again. Whatever time you go, it`s always a good time in Arillas.
Lindypops.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »
We always go the end of May and the end of September.  This is mainly as I don't like it to hot and Arillas is a little quieter then.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »
We normally go either last week in May or the first two weeks of June.  Also second or third week in September.  Could not stick the heat in July and August - especially how it has been the last few weeks!!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

It looks like May/Early June seems a good bet, plus a week late September/October. I guess these dates are also cheaper. We might even get the three weeks for the same price  as two Weeks in July.

Terry

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
We're going the first week of September and quite like the sun - is it still hot enough then?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 02:02:24 PM »
Some of the tour operators offer three weeks for the price of two in May and October - certainly Manos does.
Sandy x

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »
When we were at the Rainbow last year (October 9th - 16th) there was a man there who had got three weeks for the price of two, he arrived the last week of September.  Not possible to do it when you've got children at college and school but maybe in a couple of years I might be able to sneak one in! 
Cheryl O

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »
I have been trying to book with Manos for the 3 for 2 weeks on the internet without any luck, I have also had the travel agency try, again without any luck, this is for the Tria Adelphia next May or September. I have been trying for about 3 weeks now and have emailed Manos twice and have not received any replies. It appears to me that they do not exist except in the brochure, if anybody has any luck can they let me know how they did it?
Got that moan off my chest, just coming for 2 weeks in Sept this year, not too long now.
Mick.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 03:12:29 PM »
I have a feeling you can't do it on the internet but don't know why you can't do it through the travel agent. Try sending a PM to Peter and Andrea on the forum as they stayed 3 weeks at the Rainbow in May on that basis.
Sandy x

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »
Sandy
we have done it in previous years but we have been unable to do it for next year, but I have not given up hope yet.
cheers.
Mick

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »
Maybe they've stopped doing it? If so, they shouldn't advertise it in their brochure.
Sandy x

Booking.com