Author Topic: Cheap Flights With GB Airways in 2007 ?????  (Read 6636 times)

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Cheap Flights With GB Airways in 2007 ?????
« on: August 04, 2007, 11:21:05 AM »
After reading the post from Dimitris I thought I'd check it out, after all, we like a good deal.

We decided to have a week in September 2007 starting on the 3rd.

GB Airways are quoting £176 each way per person, and £47.10 per person for Taxes etc.

We're all booked up to fly from Gatwick to Kapodistrais on Monday 3rd of September 2007, but I feel that £399.10 per person is not quite a cheap flight after all.

No disrespect to Dimitris, I'm sure he acted in good faith with his post.

Accommodation and transfers added to the cost make an expensive deal, compared to a package deal.

Cuts into the spending budget somewhat.  :-(

Has anyone used GB Airways to fly to Corfu this year, and got a good deal?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Cheap Flights With GB Airways in 2007 ?????
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:55:47 PM »
James
That's a lot of cash. Maybe we should give you a job after all.
We think our daughter is flying out with GB on 23rd Sept. I know she paid about £125 return plus tax. But this is for a long weekend.
I will E-Mail her and get more details.
Interested to see any other feedback.
Negg

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »
james.check out british airways .as i was surprised at there prices.. good luck.....

Offline Fran

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:18:15 PM »
When we used GB airways in May we got flights for £120 return each which is really pretty good. When I searched last month for flights in Septmeber they were, like the previous post suggests rather a lot higher so I am flying with Thomson. Having said that I annoyingly discovered BA reduced their flights a couple of weeks ago and I could have got flights with them for the same price (this would have meant complementary food and drink without a hold luggage charge). However, these were only around for a few days.

It is all about getting those cheap flights before they go and watching out for the sales. Even flying out in the first week of May the flight was full and I suspect that these flights are very popular. I will certainily always go to them as a first port of call as I prefer not having all the additional fees that most companies add on (meals, luggage etc..).

Fran

Offline Fran

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:33:10 PM »
Hello again!

As I am slightly obsessed with finding good flights deals I just went back on the BA website to look at when cheap flights are still available. If you fancied travelling on the 2nd June next year for two weeks from Gatwick you can get a flight for £121 return. The weeks before you can't get a single on somedays for that price...

Anyway, that's enough of that...

Fran

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:44:09 PM »
Thanks for replying kevin.g and Fran.

Actually, GB Airways is supposed to be the 'budget flight' part of British Airways!!!!

In reality, I decided not to use them, or any other company offering 'Flight Only' .
I got a deal on Flight, Accommodation, and Transfers for £167. The offers and prices change daily so I decided to act quickly as I'd made my mind up Arillas was the place for us.

The drawback, is the distance from the apartment to the beach, we're near the Bakery
at the far end of the resort. But at least we're sorted now  :-)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 01:54:12 PM »
GB is to British Airways what BMI Baby is to BMI, same airline just a different service.

The British Airways flights are quite competitive in price but as the seats sell they will go up quite steeply. Remember the prices are always dependent on may factors, popularity, availability, time of year, day (Friday and Sundays will always be more expensive), holidays – both Greek and British, etc.

Our prices peak late June, then late July until mid-August and then in late October. Late June due to the school holidays and October due to the lack of flights. Best times to book and get those good deals seem to be late May, early June, early July and the middle of September.

Just managed to get 3 return flights in September for £130 and that’s at full price, no staff discounts there, best advice is always the most obvious, shop around. For the week I was looking for prices were:

Thomas Cook - £169
First Choice - £181
Monarch - £131
BA – £202
My Travel - £170
Excel – Didn’t check as I don’t like delays :)

The BA is more expensive here but the flight times are infinitley more sociable and the flight/service is better being scheduled and not charter.

Offline christie

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »
I have just returned from Corfu after flying GB Airways on Wed 1 Aug.  I had a 10 days stay in Corfu flying out on a late Monday afternoon and returning on late Wednesday afternoon.  I paid £225. return including taxes but I booked this flight in March.  I thought it was a very good price and the timings were excellent.

Maggie

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 08:03:52 PM »
Can I just say that we flew with xl in june/july and had absolutely no complaints. We left Newcastle on time, had a good flight, and landed on time. On returning, we left Corfu on time, and landed in Newcastle 20 minutes early. (the captain apologised for that)!!!
 I hope i can post on here in September with another good report. (I must admit I'm having doubts about booking with them next year, now that i've seen the prices)......

Booking.com