Author Topic: Night Owl.  (Read 12223 times)

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Night Owl.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:35:17 AM »
Hi gaye.
             My wife is very interested in fish restaurants so Vavilas (being less than half the distance to Night Owls) is a place she would put on her list.

Perhaps the lack of sea view, or vista would be offset by other attributes?  :-)

We had a place like this in Crete last October, right on the harbour, nice sunset............

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »
We love the Vavilas... you might think its looks a bit dark and dreary under the vines but it is in fact very cosy and lovely, nothing fancy.  It has a good reputation, they have brilliant food and the price is very good... we had 3 starters, 3 main meals = 1 souvlaki (I think Mike had that) and two sea bream, they also had a choice of desserts, cheesecake, gateaux and baklava with a large carafe of wine it came to 31 euros.  If they dont have the fish platter there is always sea bream!  LOL
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
Hi James agree with gaygo, Vivalis is a fantastic little taverna.  Very greek and informal.  If you do enjoy fish it is an absolute must.  Highly recommend the swordfish it is the BEST EVER.  We had 2, 3 course meals, 2 large jugs of home made red wine (delicious) and it was 26 euros! 

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »
Thanks eggy. I bet you did,lol. Can you do me a favour please oh sweet one? Can you email me sometime, when you`re free? Cheers.
Lindypops.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »
Hi James. You`ll enjoy it there. And yes, Linda/Nick have dropped me off if they can. Also, a very kind gentleman took us up the hill!! Wonder who that was,lol. The meze there is lovely, and after that, Linda will help you decide. I went in to ask about the octopus, had a taste, and sterted to put stuff away, naughty that I am. I can`t wait to go again. Give it a try, you`ll enjoy.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 05:15:01 PM »
Lindy P
Went there late morning to introduce Sandy & Joyce,as future near neighbours, to Nick.
Linda's not back till tomorrow, arrives Athens in morning then on to Corfu. I should probably have their E-Mail by Monday.
Will send e-mail when free.
How does that song go???
"Busy doing nothing , working the whole day through,"
"Trying to find lots of things not to do"
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »
Thanks eggy. No worries,lol. What`s the code, I can`t remember? I`ve got the rest of the number. Enjoy this evening!
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 07:59:30 PM »
Lindy P - 0030 from England.
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 12:27:24 AM »
Thank you. Couldn`t recall. I`ll see you all soon, hard luck ,lol. Dy`know, I need this break, to annoy you,lol. Only joking. Speak soon. Bfn.
Lindypops.

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »
Thank you all for the info re Vivalis.

It certainly does seem even more appealing to us.

Another case of 'lack of vista being made up for, by the cosiness, ambiance, quality, and attractive price'.  :-)

Not forgetting the Night Owl is further up the hill. (had to mention Night Owl to keep in the thread)  ;-)

{Fills in more 'Tick Boxes'}  :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »
Im small enough to fit in your hand luggage Lindy, so I can annoy Neill as well. please. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Brian

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 11:37:43 AM »
I love to read comments from people who KNOW, not those whom I usually class as <haven't been there don't like it> brigade members. Great to hear there is a good fish restaurant for when Joan and I arrive on Sept 18. I have just had a large piece of my innards removed and have been eating a lot of fish. So much so that I now like it more than ever. We will be there a fortnight so  obviously will take all the advice into account and try every eaterie (awful word). Staying at Kaloudis. Incidentally, where is the accent on Arilla?

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »
Hi Brian.
             If you are referring the the Vavilas Taverna, (which is actually in the 'Night Owl' thread) it is a fair walk from the Kaloudis Village on the way to Night Owl, but you'll work up an appetite.

We're to reside at the far end of the village from the beach.

I'm also a light diner after my stay in hospital for surgery.
My wife loves seafood, she is on a 'seefood diet'   (see food and eat it)  ;-)

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 02:37:11 PM »
viv, of course chuckyegg. We could gang up on him, and talk his ears off,lol.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »
Back to Night Owls.
( Haven't found anyone yet to talk the ears of me!)
Someone recently, on a PM, said I should buy a donkey so "I could talk the ears off it!)
The Greek version of R.S.P.C.A. said I',m not allowed to buy a donkey. Obvious reasons

Back to Night Owls.
A very nice evening, last night, for us. Mrs Egg eats very little in the evening so settled for "Village Sausage in Pita" - A starter really.
I had a rather nice, large and bbq'd pork chop with chips. Chips my choice. I could have had it with salad but we've been given so much veg fom our neighbours I think I am beginning to look like a...... Aubergine springs to mind.
We do not waste anything we're given and have been eating in much more than usual.
Anyway - Lovely evening. Add 2 bottles of Retsina to the bill and 14.5 euros.
Sat with Nick the last hour we were there and had a good 'ole rabbit. Nothing changes!.
(i do like a good 'ole rabbit!)
Linda back this evening.
It's a lovely place. Basic menu but suits us very much.
You want stiffado, kleftiko then stay in Arillas.
Good honest people doing their very best. We love that.
Interesting that, when we were there, a family of asstd age groups, were tucking away quite nicely. Overheard a phone conversation, as yer do, and they said "We're at Night Owls as recommended on the forum" - Hope they had a good time
Also interesting that a German lady came in and ordered the Kalamari. When it was served just the size of the plate frightened me. I would have struggled to eat it all.
( And she had a salad as well!!!!!!! ) - And she ate it all - Should've got her autograph.
A nice place to be in. - Suits us, but take it as you find it.
Negg

Booking.com