Author Topic: Money money money  (Read 44311 times)

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
Money money money
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:38:46 PM »
Hello!  Me again!

Everyone's been so helpful I have come back to ask yet another question!

I know this is going to be a difficult one to call, but I have no idea what I'm doing!  I'm going to change our currency tomorrow (before I spend it!) and we're not sure how much to take! 

We aren't planning on doing too much, mostly relaxing on the beach because we're both escaping stressful jobs!  We basically want to take one trip to Aqualand, then it's just food (everything bar breakfast!) and drinks in the evening.  I don't want us to be short of money but we also don't have a great deal of it!  We're going for a week at the beginning of September and there's just two of us.  Would someone mind advising as to what the average meal in the restaurants on the beach for example cost and how expensive drinkss etc are?  I just want to try and work out a ball park figure of what people would take!

Thanks peeps!

:)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Money money money
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 03:52:27 PM »
Hi we normally go for 7 days, there is me, Mick and Calum and I spend about £500.  We don't seem to run out of money but what I do is I divide it into days, anything left gets carried over to the next day.  We always have money left, not alot but a little.  We have a full English breakfast each, snacks at lunch from Alex's and a main meal on a night.  We have numerous drinks throughout the day as well and usually stay in the Coconut bar till the early hours so have a brill holiday.  Not sure if this helps.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline smoosh

• Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »
No that's great, thanks a lot Jill!

We were thinking to take £400 for the two of us, so I'm assuming that that should be ok.  We can always take the cards and get extra cash out if we need it, but holidays aren't cheap at the best of times - with spending money we'll have spent over £1000 for the week away and it's difficult not to get carried away with the spending!

Really appreciate the response!  :)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 05:35:16 PM »
Know what you mean. 
The first time we went to Arillas there was a guy who had argued with his girlfriend.  She kicked him out of their apartment and kept all the money. Poor guy was sleeping on the beach and begging for drinks, food etc.  Remember for some stupid reason I bought him a large bottle of coke and some crisps, thinking back it should have been water and something healthy to eat.  We managed to run out of money on the last day, was never so pleased to have a meal on the plane as I was that day. It was our first holiday away with out the kids and I think I got carried away buying presents.

I agree £400 should be enough, we spend more since we started taking Calum with us.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:16:46 PM »
If you do not already know, there is a cash dispenser in Arillas.
Local campaigning did a great deal to have it installed, for us holidaymakers and the locals.

I was planning to take 150 Euros each, for our week in September 2007

It saves carrying a wad of notes.  :-)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »
We took £650 for the 2 of us and we spent it all, it just depends on where you eat and how many drinks you have etc etc, but we bought some pressies to take home and a bag each for ourselves and some cigarettes, so it wasnt all spent on the actual holiday of you know what i mean.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
We normally get through £700 and this is for food, drink, sunbeds on the beach, a few gifts and booze to take home.  We dont very often have much left only a few Euros in change and the odd note!

Offline Fran

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
Hi

Before the cash machine we always used to take a mimual amount of euros (enough for the taxi and a couple of meals) with the rest in travellers cheques. We have always found that the exchange rates are better in Corfu then they are in the UK, so change our money there.

Fran

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 12:04:05 AM »
Like Shuey & Smiffy we would normally budget on £100 per day for food, drinks, sunbeds, excusions etc for 2 people. Sometimes we have surplus at the end of the holiday but we think of this as a deposit for our next trip to Arillas!

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 01:07:19 AM »
I would agree about £100 a day though this is always a conservative estimate and we take money home
gaygo

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »
Unfortunately for me most of what we have left is spent in the duty free shop on whiskey - Yuk!

Good thinking Paul and Maria deposit for the next holiday ;)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »
That is one of the reasons we are going back in September.  We went for the first time in July and had about £400 left at the end of it.  So we left a deposit with Philip at Tria to come back.  It is really cheap in Arillas, we took the same amount we normally do around £900 and only spent £500.  We ate out for every meal, had drinks, hired a scooter for the week, bought clothes, had a fantastic holiday.  So the money we saved is paying for this trip.  We rang Philip the other night to confirm the date we will be arriving and just speaking to him, brought everything back.  It was like talking to an old friend.  5 weeks on monday to go.  cannot wait.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 12:57:11 PM »
Not long to go Sharon, the way the weeks are flying by at the moment it will soon be here!!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 03:24:56 PM »
Hiya Smiffy, yes it will soon be here, then it will be months before we can go back.  We usually go to lake district or something in April but I want to go to Arillas, we paid more for a weeks holiday in lakes than we did for a week in Arillas, so there really is no contest.  It's just that we take the dog when we go in England and he loves it.  Just had great idea, now I know how safe Arillas is, billy can take the dog and i'll come to Arillas, haha, or better still billy can go to the lakes and i'll come to Arillas with the dog!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
That sounds like a good plan Sharon ;)  Billy might not agree though!!

Booking.com