Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3077326 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8340 on: July 26, 2017, 12:42:07 AM »
Efcharisto Poli. Thank you Jo. I know it takes time to post Arillas Today but I feel sure that others who aren't there (like Jen and me...) have momentary dreams as they read, and really appreciate it.

I did. Yours and Dai's reports of traditional music at Effie's had me hearing all sorts of lovely Greek tunes, and building a determination to share it next summer. Suzy has clicked - it doesn't get boring but every next time is better than the last.

Arillas Today? It welcomes some of its biggest fans and entertains the others from afar.

Carry on the good work
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8341 on: July 26, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
Well , Phil , do you really want 32 deg at 6:30 pm? - I will send you some.
Wegg wings her way off to the UK as I type. - 4 weeks "on me tod" with instructions on how to keep the house cool and of course details of "fings ter do". (This list is longer than War n Peace!!)

Off course I cannot knock the weather as it gives all here just the day they want and by 9pm it is "siga siga" time to relax. - So many laid back people and always friendly which is par for the course.

For me tonight?? - An evening home and I have just bought a new cat food. (Chicken Chunks)
This should taste very well, in Pitta , with a tad of chilli sauce.
Failing that I can always raid the freezer where this luvly lady has left me a mega assortment of ready meals.
(Can't live wivem - Can't live without-em) - But --Gimme 2 days and it's counting the days off time

Forecast says a good end of the week is nigh and any here , in Arillas, reading this , be aware the first darts K/O at Rainbow is on the cards for Friday. - 8:45 start, as probably tooo hot to begin earlier. - Free Entry.
( I might stay out late as I do not face the rolling pin when I get home!! )

"Ref John" n Dot are looking well and John in the Rainbow Pool, this afternoon. Old habits die hard with John and I am sure that he gave a young lad a yellow card for an illegal throw in of the ball.
(Don't ask where he pulled the card from!!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8342 on: July 27, 2017, 08:03:08 PM »
Arillas Today finishes at 28 deg and breezy but I don't care as it is lonely here on my tod!!

Trying to roast a chicken which refuses to get in the oven even though I promised to leave the feathers on!!

I will drown my sorrows , tomorrow either playing darts or thinking up something which I may target at "Ref John" as he is such a good sport.

Get yer money on Mensur Sulovic, tonight , to win his next game of the "World Matchplay" against Darryl Gurney.
Can't think of anything better to watch , while eating chips! Would have been chicken as well but he made a run for it!

Arillas tomorrow will be just as much fun - Probably better if that chickie crosses the road in front of me!!.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8343 on: July 30, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
Well, bless my cotton socks , and they have to be cotton in this weather !!!
I can definitely confirm today was an Arillas Sunday. No where to swing a mythos bottle let alone a small cat and even the parking area behind "Beach Kostas" was full. - Busier than Weston-Super-Mare on a bank holiday

End of July now and Arillas gave John and Dot's last day a 37 deg send off - Take some home with you guys!!
27 deg here in the house and still 35 deg outside at 7:30. I am roaming around in my Y-Fronts.
(Not a pleasant sight but should frighten away any tourists who come begging for water)

Wegg , meanwhile enjoys the downsizing of the weather in the UK and even had roast pork and crackling , last night.
----- and dripping left over - Bugger!! - I had fish fingers and chips , eaten whilst mopping the kitchen floor.
(Who's seen the film ? - "The loneliness of a long distance Ouzo drinker" - Think that's what is called.)
Be well and drink plenty of water/orange juice if you are here.
Cheers
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8344 on: July 30, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »
Wish I was still there. Came home Friday and work tomorrow. (Sad face -emojis not working) .

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8345 on: July 30, 2017, 11:50:43 PM »
We all know we have to come back when we go..... just feel lucky that you can go.... ☺
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8346 on: July 31, 2017, 12:04:10 AM »
Yes. You're right Karl. Should be more grateful.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8347 on: July 31, 2017, 07:49:46 AM »
Disgusted to say we are already into our second week which is scary. Even though it feels like we have been here for months. Two out of my three lads are here now so mum is feeling lucky. The weather has been baking hot and I mean baking hot. The sea yesterday was like a lake and felt so warm. I wish it was easier to post pics on here because I would show you my current view with a cup of coffee and sat overlooking the beach with not a soul about apart the standard yoga type person! The food so far has been superb without exception and still so many tavernas we haven't had the chance to visit yet. Enjoyed the Marina iconic Greek night on Sat which is always one of the highlights. Be warned though, a week in advance is the least time I would book your table was packed. Met lots of familiar faces as usual John the Ref and Dot, Sonia P the ever-gorgeous Sandy, Annie, Bob and Nicola to name but a few. Had a lovely meal at the night owl the other night in Afionas. If you like the brouklis style of Greek dining this is another must and apparently they will pick you up and drop you off.

We hired a car and finally made it to Corfu town. I was amazed at how beautiful it was and couldn't believe it had took us 20 years to go!! We went and kissed st spyridon's feet (fully expect to be bed-ridden like Margo in Durrells my family and other animals haha) we sat and drank at the Liston and gazed at the old fort. I say gazed as plans to walk round it were abandoned due to the unbelievable heat! On the way back we went to Kontakali to find the durrells TV villa and we finally managed it! Was lovely seeing it up close. We then went to Pagi to show max the 007 bar which was featured in for your eyes only. Lovely welcome as always and the water you are given when you sit down at this lovely little bar tastes like divine holy water! Other days have been spent on the glorious beach and around the pool. Every time I look at mick he is fast asleep which just tells you how utterly relaxed he is as he is always on the go at home. Arillas today is as predictable as Malcolm sitting in the Portofino and jean sitting in the marina and I wouldn't have it any other way xx (ps apologies for any typos I always post before flipping checking haha!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8348 on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
 Back home at 3.00am
Time for work
Roll on September

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8349 on: July 31, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »
Jo, Very nice reading for an early Monday morning with a coffee.
Temp at 25 deg and rising
Cheers
Negg

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8350 on: July 31, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
Nice report Jo, i have been lazy this year & not posted a report yet. I agree though that it is a shame its such a faff to post pictures as I have a few gems I'd like to post!
The sea was beautiful, calm & warm when we were there too.
Karen

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8351 on: July 31, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »

Thanks for the report Jo. I love reading arillas today posts but alas did not do any when I was there last week. Should have taken the time. Sorry. I might do a condensed report of our week.

I also wish it was easier to post pictures. Had managed to sus it out and then now have problems with my photo bucket account. I have just posted some on trip advisor with no problems so I am sure there are easier ways.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8352 on: July 31, 2017, 06:30:11 PM »
Lovely report Jo. Sadly we cant make it this year as other half couldnt get the holidays and like yourself I am tied to school hols. BUT we have booked for 3 weeks next year. So excited already lol. So seeing all the posts is great for me as I can live it through everyone else. Time does go too quick out there . Enjoy the rest of your hols although I am sure you are.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8353 on: August 01, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
Awwwww...sounds like you are enjoying your hols to the max Jo! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy....... 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8354 on: August 01, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed your report Jo, and all the posts on here. Many thanks to all. Tad jealous but'll get over it. Roll on next Spring....

Phil

Booking.com