Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021618 times)

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8430 on: April 02, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
Are there many  apartments open in April?
With more tavernas open this time of year and direct flights maybe a few more of us would like to try an early holiday, especially with the rubbish weather here.

Barry.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8431 on: April 02, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
Just be careful Barry...
friends of ours went to Arillas a few years during April and it rained for 5 days out of 7 and heavy too, whereas we were in Norfolk at the same time and had glorious warm sunshine.
Arillas weather can be unpredictable in April

Suzy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8432 on: April 02, 2018, 11:37:07 PM »
We have been in April twice it was really bad one time when we got their for about 4 hrs but apart from that it has always been fine if not whare I would call home Arillas is lovely at any time of year.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8433 on: April 03, 2018, 12:37:32 PM »
I'm sure it is Vivian and I can't wait to be able to visit at any time other  than the school holidays, but like Barry I'd prefer to be there when the sun is shining most of the time.

Suzy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8434 on: April 03, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »
Arillas Today - Plus , I hope , with a few answers that may help any questions I have been asked.
We have a 20 deg outside temp today. Tis warm and no breeze and this has this has been, now 3 days without rain. Many fighting for outside chairs, in Beach Point, to take in a few early vibes. - Maybe not fighting just a friendly joust!!

Brouklis will be open from April 15th , so I am told. - Big 'ole clean up going on there today. Jet washing tiles etc but I am told Dimitris does not need jet washing.
(Must be the wind surfing that keeps him clean)
Night Owl, will be opening , very soon, but says watch face book for when they will be ready to sort you guys out.

Appts are hard to find , this early in the Season , but I suggest that Marvel Hotel will cater for you "Early Birds". I also think that Armourada will help you out.
Best bet is try a few e-mails on the forum appt page. - If a problem then contact me as I may be able to help.
Armourada and Marvel , if you can get in, will both look after you well. Rainbow / Tria Adelphia will not open until first guests have been notified by the tour operators. - but..... never hurts to send an e-mail to see if they will cater, for private guests , before May.

I see questions about rainfall - - I can tell you that last year gave us 190mm rain in Jan/Feb/Mar. Jan/Feb/Mar 2018 gave us 510mm - Wowie Zowie.!!
April , 2017, only gave us 60mm with the last 2 weeks in April dry so.... to answer a question , I saw somewhere, the last 2 weeks in April is a very good gamble to be here. - (Surely there is no more rain left up in that sky??)

The hire of Quad bikes is a very difficult one to call. There was talk of banning quads from public roads but ... and I stress "THIS IS RUMOUR" - I would suggest to all , thinking of quad bike hire, to bring a valid motor cycle/ driving licence with them. Any doubts at all then , before you get here, send an e-mail to the guys of Arillas Travel / Arkokal Travel. - Ask them the question ""Can I hire and am I insured for Public Roads on a quad bike "" These guys know more than I do and will not point you in the wrong direction. Many hire centres have made a very big investment in these bikes so a new law, to say "Not Public Roads" is a joke!

The Beach is taking shape very nicely and I am quietly confident of a cracker this year. A lot of bamboo on the beach but nothing an early bonfire cannot cure.
Many of the holes in the local roads have been tracked down by Councilk Officials , disguised as Sherlock Holmes, and have been filled. (Now the Punto does not bounce up n down as much - Just wobbles a bit , like me)

Rubbish bins are being cleared , albeit some slowly , but be aware that Councils know their priority for this job. - No worries !!

The Pier bench is planned to be in-situ , 2 weeks time. Twill then wait for many a bum, that has been recognised before. - New Bums always welcome!

The exchange rate hovers around e1.14 but, I think will be better in around July. - WOTDOIKNOW?? - Well , expect a beer to be around 3e - 3.50e which is a good price in my opinion. - I have been asked about places to eat but never recommend any. Be adventurous and find one. But........ I do know , from past experience that Beach Point offer a very good children's menu , so if you have mini-sprogs give 'em a try.

Mon Amour is indeed the place where you can be collected in Arillas and ferried there for an evening meal in our super Village of Kavadaddes. You just need to make a call and arrange a time. Good 'ole Takis , bless him, still does the driving. - This is an adventure in itself. -

I think I have answered all forum questions and PM's so will now retire to my whisky and ginger beer. - Mon Amour tonight for me and Wegg.

And now I must get back to that Ancient Theatre that was recently unearthed in Arillas. Much digging to do and we have now found the skull of a lorry driver!!
(We know it belongs to a lorry driver as it had a chunk of YORKIE in it's mouth) - The oldies are always good!

Cheers Guys and "War n Peace signing off again"
Negg

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8435 on: April 03, 2018, 08:59:44 PM »

Flights from Leeds/Bradford (Ryanair):

Wed. 11th April Leeds to Corfu - £9.99
        Wed. 18th April Corfu to Leeds - £9.99

£20 RETURN!!!

So-o-o tempted!!

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8436 on: April 03, 2018, 10:26:28 PM »
Thanks for the advice Eggy. It's a bit late for us to do anything this year, but now there are more restaurants open this time of year and some very cheap flights we will certainly try to come out next April. Will ask apartment owners if they would be willing to rent in April, when we are out this summer. We have been in Arillas a couple of times for Easter when it's been at the end of April, and the weather has been good just cold in the evenings.
Thanks for the warning Suzy but I think i will be happier in the rain in Arillas than in the rain in Sussex.

Barry

Offline jebbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8437 on: April 04, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
So which tavernas are going to be open over the Easter weekend? We will arrive on Saturday and stay until Thursday, so need places for lunch/dinner.

Jebbo

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8438 on: April 07, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »
Sorry all but have been without a computer, since Wednesday. - OK now though,  so Arillas Today is better already.!!

Jebbo - Saturday opening, in Arillas, to the best of my knowledge. Would be "Kostas on the Beach" , "Beach Point" and Athina. It may pay to check Hotel Marvel and nip into Armourada to ask the question. - Marvel may have guests so , I assume if so, their kitchen will be open.

Sunday may be difficult but I seem to remember that Beach Point, last Paska, did a spit roast and was open to all, even though they had their family with them.

There are many here trying to find that elusive eating house for next week. Kostas and Beach point have both been busy but Kostas tends to close Mon/Tue. They may open next week. Just stick yer head round the side of the door and ask the question.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8439 on: April 07, 2018, 06:01:15 PM »
Who wants 22 deg here , this afternoon , for an Arillas today??
Jebbo and partner is here and took advantage of Kostas Beach , this PM. Tis a busy 'ole place -Arillas I mean (DONCHYERKNOW)
All well.... and now our computer is back I B A APPYBUNNY.
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8440 on: April 08, 2018, 10:49:05 AM »
Tis about the same here too..... not Wolverhampton though!
We're in Tenerife ☺
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8441 on: April 09, 2018, 06:06:58 PM »
Well guys , Arillas today is a quiet one!! - Probably due to Arillas yesterday with the "Paska" celebrations going on.
Many a grog was consumed by more than many. Much meat was eagerly enjoyed and shared with many a family member n friend. Many gunshots as the parties continued and many pots being thrown from balconies in Corfu Town. Don't forget the church bells "Ding-Ding-Dong - Ding-Ding Dong" I know the tune by heart.
Is today a Bank Holiday Monday or a Monday Holiday Hangover?? - WOTDOIKNOW??

I do know that early visitors to this end of Corfu are struggling to find anywhere open and today saw many a hire car being driven around , probably longing to find an eating or drinking house. But this is Greek Easter and this is time when families are more important than business. This is also the last time families could be together before the Summer really kick-starts. To anyone coming over this time of year, I would say do your homework first and expect Easter Sunday and Monday to be mostly closed everywhere and very quiet.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8442 on: April 11, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »
A glorious "Arillas Today" which sat, comfortably around 22 deg and bought many guests  and locals, from their hideaways, to enjoy the afternoon.
The beach is looking good and the laid back style of all locals, in my opinion. takes away the nervousness of many visitors, who then all relax , taking the time to enjoy and chat. Interesting time with these guys and such good people. TISWOTISALLABOUT!!

Once again , in Arillas , it's Beach Point n Kostas who look after all , on the sea front,  but....... many Tavernas are poised, like coiled springs, to open now.
Said it afore and say it again. - ""Zummers Cuming"". - (Somerset accent here!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #8443 on: April 11, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
Great reports MR Egg!!
Even I that live in Arillas have been amused by your posts.. ( don;t undestand some words though as I was never taught at cambridge any of theese)
However the season is getting nearer and nearer . Today I only had to take a drtive to the beach and found out from the mouth of the owners that BRouklis is opening on Sunday, the Nightowl on Monday, and the Ammos bar on ist may  someone whispered that Malibu bar is open now!!  , this is so far the "news"  we 'll be keeping you informed!
kalinichta

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8444 on: April 12, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »
Dimitris - No one understands my sense of humour , not even me!!
I read an Arillas Today temp of 26 deg at 5pm - WOTABOUTDAT??? - Tiz been a good afternoon and , from Sunday , we have you at Brouklis , and then Monday , Nickos n Linda at Night Owl. - Malibu open now?? - and why not.?
On the beach , this afternoon, I saw beach towels , bodies on the sand and a few brave ones in the sea. - As I said yesterday-- Zummers Cuming.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com