Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021252 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8445 on: April 21, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
It's a buzzing Arillas Today , folks , with many "goings on" , going on.
Thalassa getting a real makeover and the decking done , at Marina Pool bar , with the pool currently being filled. Kostas on the Beach are re-vamping thier outside eating area and tis taking shape very nicely. Cannot spy inside INA's Supermarket as it is covered with a big tarp , but rumours do say there will also be a coffee bar are inside. Rainbow's new appts looking good and Tria , I think are re-planning the seating area , but may just be a surrounding garden change.
Grazella tables , poised outside ready for siting,  and , I see a few minor changes there. Athina now opens every evening and will offer those new items , on the menu, which we lucky people have been "experimented" on during the Winter.
Eating at Brouklis tonight so will see just what Dimitris has been doing with all his euros. Much has been going on there. - I will know tonight.
Malibu is open and Coconut may soon follow. Night Owl , Afionas , is open and doing well.
And.... with a 22 deg sunny day we are all spoilt  for choice.
Cheers
Negg

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8446 on: April 21, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »
Any movement at the Vinceremo yet?
Barry

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8447 on: April 21, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »
Barry - Nothing at Vinceramo yet. - Cheers Negg

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8448 on: April 21, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
Thanks Eggy for the news. Loved reading it.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8449 on: April 21, 2018, 09:12:05 PM »
To echo SoniaP - thanks Eggy for the news.  Its great to hear about a seaside resort waking up for the season - reminds me of my childhood in Cleethorpes when similar things occurred round about Easter time.
All the best, Pat.

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8450 on: April 21, 2018, 09:19:52 PM »
Thanks Eggy, expect enough places will be open
when we arrive in a couple of weeks.
Barry.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8451 on: April 22, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »
I must tell y'all that Brouklis changes are none that you will notice. Dinitris , after hitting me on the head with a Retsina bottle , reminded me that his Taverna is traditional and will never change any bits that lose it's originality . - However the Retsina bottle was full and I did manage to drink it afterwards )
What has been "updated" are various drainage items , new roof , and down pipes. Only "Anoraks" would be interested in a tour!!
However Dimitris has changed his shirt and has a new pair of "Lithuania Trainers"  - So I was right on some small updates. (Nice shirt but he won't sell it!)

Arillas today spoils all with a 26deg and a busy/buzzing place , yet again twas. - JUNO , I counted 27 people at Kostas and calculated that....
... 2 were Italian - 6 were German - 2 were Greek and 16 were Brits, - Plus 1 Irishman.!! (He didn't get lost - He lives here)

Marina Pool Bar has the decking fitted and good it looks too. - Pics soon , just awaiting permission.
Beach Point also had many customers but I did not like to go around there with a survey of who was who. - (I am too old to be a Paparazzi)
Armourada is soon to be open and they have been missed by many.

So much to tell , so little time as we have an early evening meal at Mon Amour tonight.
Cheers
Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8452 on: April 22, 2018, 06:53:02 PM »
Once again Eggy...thanks for all the latest updates which are all sounding great!

Suzy x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8453 on: April 22, 2018, 11:50:52 PM »
Cheers mate !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8454 on: April 23, 2018, 04:42:35 PM »
Thanks Guys!! - It is good for me when I have something, which I think is of interest to you all.
Arillas Today ??--- Marina Pool bar taking shape wth the decking and brollies fitted. - Looking good there and pics will follow. However I did mention to Vasilis, from Hotel Marina , that I do not expect to see smaller portions , to offset the cost of the Pool Bar re-vamp. (He takes a joke very well)

Beach Point was in the need of more chairs , this PM , to look after those who took in the 25/26 deg hot day, and watch a very calm sea. Kostas on the Beach were sooo busy serving food. Poor Tollis there , he could have run yesterdays London Marathon, finished in front of Mo Farrel , with less effort than he put into the afternoon here. I was impressed with how he kept his cool and looked after all.

Mirage have done all their jet washing and currently spruce up for the May onslaught!  Ina's still have not removed that front tarp so expect a suprise here.
Graziella have pained those big chalkboards and tables are on the move. But.... no move at Vinceremo yet.

Talking of no move.......??? - Where is the Arillas Bench. - Bend the ear of Brouklis , guys , for that.

Horizon is looking ready for action and paint brushes n ladders are in abundance at Thallasa. Eftihia continue to remain cool and laid back and Potrofino is. to me is ready to go. -  It's all happening folks.- But where's the Bench?? Stop serving good food , Dimitris,  forget the customers =-get yer paint brush n varnish out!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline ron

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8455 on: April 23, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »
Who is Mo Farrel?
ron

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8456 on: April 23, 2018, 10:54:54 PM »
Ron
He is ,alledgedly, Mohammed Farah's 2nd cousin twice removed , who finished 137th in the "Fun Run" ( The Fun run , ron , where they run for fun , Ron , Ron)
Even at the speed that Tollis was running, today ,  he still wouldn't have finished close to the other one , Ron. (Cause the other can really run , ron )
I think I am right on both of these snippets although , it is said two rights do not make a rong , Ron.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8457 on: April 24, 2018, 08:24:38 AM »

HI

Thanks Neil for the update of Arillas

kev

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8458 on: April 24, 2018, 09:02:42 AM »

Ditto that Kevin, thank you Neill ..... you are indeed a very comprehensive on the spot reporter.

We are counting the days till we arrive on May 31st see you soon

Val and Bill x

The love affair continues.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8459 on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »
Love the updates on the preparation for the new season - keep them coming! Now on countdown and they only serve to add to the anticipation :D

Booking.com