Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021070 times)

Offline ron

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8460 on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »
Neil
Did you finish 138th?
ron

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8461 on: April 25, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »
Ron - I finished 136th but only becasue Mo Farell had an open bottle of ouzo on his back.

Arillas today , with around it's 23deg and hot, brings us breaking news of Brouklis Cash Hoard. - ( Left over after all his drainage works )

Rumour has it that one septic tank is on site just to hold the rest of the cash, as the table was too small.

Anyway.... Mirage looks up n running and must be so with 2 couples making use of their sunbeds. I am so curious about Ina's and her changes but am not brave enough to sneak under that big tarp , with a camera.

Marina Pool Bar , has posted many pics of their -re-vamp, and better pics than I could do. Suggest you have a nose on Facebook.

Vavillas (Thomas's) won't be long to follow opening. He has many tables ready , to position , and has equally many "reserved" signs to put on them.

Me-thinks, that avrio, will be a little "nosey time" into TRIA and RAINBOW to see what they are up to. Maybe the Ouzo is open if not the place?

Athina looks to be offering a wide choice of menu, this Summer. Tonight lamb in the oven and Chicken Paprika.
Open every night now , as is Brouklis , Dimitris must keep up that stash somehow. And why not? , when we enjoyed Sardines , Stuffed Pepper , Steak , and a tad of Bifteki the other evening. - Plus Retsina , of course!! - A super evening well worth waiting a long Winter for.

Wegg of to the UK , on Friday , so pedigree chum , all week for me!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8462 on: April 26, 2018, 01:38:07 AM »
Oh how I would love to be sampling Brouklis’s superb bifteki and those sublime stuffed peppers..

Online jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8463 on: April 26, 2018, 11:57:47 AM »
I can help out with spare space for any overflow of euros feel free to call anytime

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8464 on: April 26, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »
Arillas today is a very sad one for all locals. Another special part of Arillas has been lost today but many locals have put on a very brave face to ensure those on holiday here enjoy their time.
Negg

Offline Barry

« Reply #8465 on: April 26, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »
We're in Arillas at the moment. This afternoon a thick mist rolled in off the sea. It was very eerie.
Barry and Christine.

Offline mickandsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8466 on: April 27, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »
Hi Barry

I have sent you a PM

Mick and Sue

Offline mickandsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8467 on: April 27, 2018, 12:32:20 PM »
We're in Arillas at the moment. This afternoon a thick mist rolled in off the sea. It was very eerie.
Barry and Christine.

Hi Barry

I have sent you a PM

Offline Barry

« Reply #8468 on: April 27, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »
Hi.
I've not received your pm.
Barry

Offline Barry

« Reply #8469 on: April 27, 2018, 12:52:18 PM »
Hi Sue. Pm now received and replied to
Regards Barry and Christine

Offline Barry

« Reply #8470 on: April 27, 2018, 06:36:18 PM »
Wow! A scorcher today. Must have been over 30degrees. Had a walk to the north beach this morning. There was a jcb going up and down clearing the beach. Plenty of sand but doesn't seem quite as wide as last year. They were taking sunbeds to the north beach but there's not a lot of sand available. And you had to wade a fair way out to get there.
No sunbeds anywhere else but Arillas is buzzing with people cleaning, jet washing, painting and planting.
Not many places open but enough so that we won't starve.
Been to Kostas and up to the Athina. Hope to get to see Dimitris before we leave but he's been closed for obvious reasons.
Going back to Athina Saturday for spit roast lamb.
It's a hard life.
Regards Barry and Christine

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8471 on: April 28, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »
Thanks for the beach up date Barry
I thinks last year's beach will take some beating but it still sounds great!

Suzy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8472 on: April 28, 2018, 05:36:45 PM »
Suzy - I think they enjoyed the 30 deg plus on offer today. (Although at 5:30 pm it has dropped to around 29) NOTTABADDIE fer APRIL.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8473 on: April 30, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »
around another 30 deg on offer here for Arillas Today. - Plus Grazella open from tonight with Armourada ready to follow and open from tomorrow.
A very nice decking type pathway being fitted between the beach and road as I type. - An ideal walkway.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8474 on: May 01, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »
"MAYDAY" . "MAYDAY" for not only Arillas today but St.George and Ag. Stehanos. - The Mayday, which I think is a "Big HELP" in maritime language,  is for all Taverna n Hotel waiters who have been hit with an onslaught of those wishing to take advantage of the super days on offer. I was truly "gobble-smacked" with so many people at Ag Giorgos and they even had sunbeds n brollies on the beach with many being used. So many guests eating on so many Sea Front places!!!
(So many hire cars stopping dead , in front of me - But Hey Ho , be nice , Possibly they forget the highway code!!)

First time , this year , I have had trouble parking in Arillas. - Had to sneak behind Kostas and hide the Punto away. Grazella is up n running , also , and saw much activity at Vinceremos. -  Maybe they follow soon. - Will they open?? Does a bear xxxx in the woods. -
 I could be wrong- Will it still be Vincerenos?? - Is it a merger with Grazella?? - Given the choice of a bet with a merger or PJ wearing speedos , this Summer , I would put my money on PJ.

With temps now hovering around 28 deg at 5:30 pm this gives you an indication of how perfecto the afternoon was for all.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com