Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020137 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8565 on: August 20, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »

Hi Neil

Was it duck you shouted out or was it a word started with the sixth letter of the English alphabet

Kev

Don't talk "quackers" Kevin and keep wearing the speedos!!! (PJ has many small pairs to spare which will probably be too big for you!!)
Negg

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8566 on: August 23, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
Quote from Eggy
Don't talk "quackers" Kevin and keep wearing the speedos!!! (PJ has many small pairs to spare which will probably be too big for you!!)
Negg

I think PJ should copy this video when he is Arillas in September. Any volunteers for a cameraman and a producer?

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8567 on: August 23, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »

I didn’t think he had any more room in his speedos for money Well you cam be wrong

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8568 on: August 23, 2018, 04:23:26 PM »
"Speedos Today" - Sorry , got carried away there.... Meant "Arillas Today"
Still 32 deg at 4pm and a very busy Arillas , which is usual for August with Italian and mainland Greek guests plus Germans plus those very beutiful people of various nationalities  who , to be fair , spend quite a bit of cash. ( Although never offer them a pork chop!!!)

Kevin , just remember the guy recently that was done for indecent exposure , wearing skimpy speedos, so be careful. Luckily this guy got away with it as the evidence was too small!!

And ..... a little tip how to spot "TurkeyFoot" when he is here. - Look for the guy in "Union Jack Speedos"  with two jars of Colmans Mustard secreted carefully away, and holding a flag which says "Theresa May for a good Prime Minister - At some point!!"

Anyway..... the heat shows no sign of vanishing for a long while and , do you know , at 7:30am this morning I looked at a 21 deg outside temp. By 11am it was 24 deg , just in the house!!. - Tis a funny 'ole game...... and with Erja and Heidi here? could be a lot funnier. (Life must be GOOG -Watch yer e-mails, you two, as a Three W visit is soon on the cards.
Cheers
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8569 on: August 23, 2018, 04:28:40 PM »
Eggy, can you see any smoke? Stay safe

http://enimerosi.com/details_en.php?id=25163

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8570 on: August 23, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »
The location of the fire is 10 - 15km from Sidari and Acharavi and the smoke can be clearly seen from the coast.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8571 on: August 23, 2018, 04:42:24 PM »
Greatly appreciated , Terry , and as I type a "water plane" is flying over. - I knew nothing about this and I probably think my Fireman neighbour is part of the group there now. ( Two Planes now , as I type ) Cannot see any smoke from here , yet.
Possibly fortunate here at Kavaddades as we have flat agricultal land surrounding us.

That said, the land is so dry so this could spread so quickly. - I feel very sorry for those people close to it. - What can they be going through now??

Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8572 on: August 23, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »

Hi
My daughter saw the fires lots of smoke they are at  Sidari coming home tomorrow booooo
They have been at Sidari water park all day she said it was a good day they are meeting up with Yanni from the Tria for drinks tonight

Kevin

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8573 on: August 23, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »
Thoughts to all in and around Rachtades. 'Hope everyone is safe and sound, and no damage to property or livestock. xxx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8574 on: August 23, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »
Angie
Nothing on the Corfu channel . this evening, which would make any worry too much. But it is an eye opener as to what could have happened. Credit to the Greek services here as they don't mess around and knock these fires on the head as soon as.....................
Still 26 deg here at 10pm , very dry.
Negg

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8575 on: August 23, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
Good to hear, Eggy.
Recent events on the mainland bring it home just how potentially dangerous these fires can be.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #8576 on: August 23, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
Just letting everyone knowing...
there was a fairly large fire in the olive forest near Rachtades and velonades, no lifes where in danger but the local police had to evaquate the village of Rachtades for obvious reasons, the fire is now under controll only because there is no wind. hoping that there is no wind tomorrow, I must say that exept the firefighters  there was lots of  volunteers and all the local farmers with their tructors and watertanks that offered a great help.
Stay safe everyone,
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8577 on: August 23, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »
Thanks for the update Dimitris. praying no wind tomorrow.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8578 on: August 24, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
For those not on Facebook, here is a video of the fires. Scary, but good to see how hard everyone worked, to put the fires out.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8579 on: August 24, 2018, 12:12:44 PM »
Thanks for haring Terry.

Booking.com