Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3019778 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8670 on: September 17, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »

If you looking for the drink Geoff (Turkeyfoot) has left you.... remember it's a long long way to the nearest Costco.

Lol Val x
Hi
Bloody spell check. Put it down to jet lag
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8671 on: September 18, 2018, 03:02:57 PM »

Hi Karl

Can you back all our opponents for the rest of the season we might win the league all the cups what a year that will be 🤣 haha

Kevin

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8672 on: September 18, 2018, 03:18:56 PM »
I'll do my best for you mate !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8673 on: September 20, 2018, 09:58:48 PM »
Another hot day today so stayed on the beach. Hoping for a cooler day before we go home next week as we want to walk over to San Stefanos.
On the bright side, went up to the Athina tonight and we had the goat stew for the first time. Excellent!  Really tasty, washed down with their home made red wine.
Possibly the nicest meal so far.
Barry and Christine.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8674 on: September 20, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
My son and girlfriend  been to Athina tonight and had goat stew. What a coincidence.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8675 on: September 21, 2018, 12:34:49 PM »
Hi
Will be arriving on the flight from Robin Hood around about 8.30pm this evening.  Look out for us and say hello!

North Beach, Arillas, Corfu

by pj's memories, on Flickr

Best wishes

Pat & Julia

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8676 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:37 PM »

Hi Patrick and Julia
Have a fantastic holiday take loads of pics

Kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8677 on: September 21, 2018, 06:30:51 PM »
Pi PJ and Julia
My Punto eargerly awaits your arrival and I have been practicing the art of nudging guests into any hedge or ditch that is around when I sneak past as close as possible. - Or... I could say it would be good to see you and have a chuckle , or two.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8678 on: September 23, 2018, 05:45:10 PM »
Arillas Today??? - Like many "Arillas Today"s" that we have been spoilt with. Still a 30 deg outsode at 17:30 and a busy laid back Sunday Afternoon, which included many locals, who thought "Hey" lets have some time off and chill.
Arillas Tonight??? - OOOhhh PPPahh! - Pavorottii Night , at Armourada! - Careful guys, if you are here. Tis loud and will bash yer eardrums to mashed spud. Tis also good and many will be there. A Pavorotti "look alike" is stood outside , as I type. (And that is not Vasillis with a beard)
Last year complaints came in from Sidari Discos as Armourada music was too much for their DJ's to cope with.
This is a major part of Arillas , held every year , and very passionate Vasillis is, about Opera. - Luv it or hate , many will be there and we will hear it in Kavadaddes.
......... ANDWHYNOT?
Cheers
Negg

Offline Barry

« Reply #8679 on: September 23, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
We stood by the supermarket opposite and watched it tonight. When they lit the flares in the middle of the road stopping the traffic with Nessun Dorma blasting out at full volume was brilliant. Highlight of the week for us.
Barry and Christine

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8680 on: September 26, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »
Pavorotti has now been dusted off and put away for another year , when he will magically appear and get his music heard over that of Coconut n Malibu.
He is treated a tad like Moira Anderson n pals who only appeared at Hogmany. (Luved watching Hogmany - They should have it every year!!)
Anyway................. Cannot remember the last time an Arillas Today was 16deg at 4:30 pm.  Cold enough for me, this afternoon,  that I had to wear a thicker shirt because my nipples were poking through the usual one. - As usual everyone here takes it all in their stride and not a dull face in sight. Possibly helped by the thought of tonight's beer festival. Hope the rain stays away!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8681 on: September 26, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
Its 20 degrees here mate but no good for me sat in the office !    Be a nice cycle home in a bit though
Enjoy........
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Barry

« Reply #8682 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:06 PM »
Back home now after 3 wonderful, very hot weeks. Left Arillas this morning and it was noticeably cooler.
Have booked for 4 weeks next year. Getting greedy now.
Yes, there's been an issue with the rubbish but it'll take more than that to put us off. Hope they find a solution soon.
Barry and Christine.

P.s it'll be interesting to see if the dinosaur is still there next year. ( For those who don't know, see the photo gallery).

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8683 on: September 27, 2018, 01:15:10 PM »
Amourada used to play Pavoratti regularly on I think a Sunday evening and we used to really enjoy but haven't heard it for years

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8684 on: September 27, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »
Must find that Photo Gallery , just in case Barry means me.

June , Haven't heard Amorada's Pavorotti for years. If it wasn't loud enough, on Sunday, I will get Vasillis (Billy) to move those speakers closer to the beach or turn the volume up!

Negg

Booking.com