Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021111 times)

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8760 on: April 11, 2019, 08:37:08 PM »
More importantly - Is the brewery in good health :)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8761 on: April 11, 2019, 10:49:49 PM »
The brewery continues to be producing alcohol quicker than we all "down" it.
and.... me-thinks many were consumed today with a very nice 20deg and warm.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8762 on: April 14, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »
Many thanks, coming back in June, looking forward to downing a few bottles of the IPA. :)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8763 on: April 15, 2019, 03:48:09 PM »
I hear Brouklis and the Malibu bar opened on Saturday.

Offline Graham and Kay

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Wolves are Premier League
« Reply #8764 on: April 15, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
On the upside, all checked in and looking forward to staying at the 'Tria' again.  On the downside, have to wait for the next 30 days to do so.  Another downside, Easyjet have stopped doing the bacon baguettes, how did that happen?  Really enjoyed munching into one of those on the 0555hrs flight.
Anyhow, Kay and myself will have to make up for it with one of Helen's Greek salads, washed down with a nice cold beer upon arrival.
Looking forward to seeing any familier faces from our previous visits.
Wolves are Premier League

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8765 on: April 16, 2019, 04:21:29 PM »
We have a very warm "Arillas Today" with the temp hovering around 18/19 deg. - Tis all coming alive people!!. They're are many new faces around , speaking German,English and French. - Where did they come from?? - Germany , UK and France I suppose.
(Good news is I saw no yellow vests , MP's or Angela Merkel.)

I cannot confirm Brouklis is open but Dimitris tends to be available before Easter. If Malibu is open the Coconut will follow very soon.
The "Kostas on Beach" re-vamp should be ready for this Monday opening and Ina's Supermarket/Coffee bar will be "SOON" , as she tells me.
Beach Point , meanwhile jossles along with their regulars and visitors and never seem to close. - Bravo Christos.
Armourada is open now and have an exhibition planned for Saturday. - Shell work and various pots , so I am told. Worth a visit if you are here.

Much work going on at many places. Rainbow will be open after "Paska" as will , I think Tria and Mathraki. - Too much for me to take in today so off for an Ouzo or two - Purely medicinal!!!
Finally - Rubbish bins , for those who talk rubbish, Everything looks better every day but then , it depends if you catch a bin that needs to be emptied or you drive past a bin that has just been emptied. I saw very few full bins today , on my way to Acharavi and on my way to Arillas. - In 3 days time it may change.
The re-cycle centre , in Arillas  and Roda are both doing well. Many locals doing their bit and big thanks to the volunteers who manage both!!
Cheers
Negg
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8766 on: April 17, 2019, 10:57:43 PM »
Night Owl is up n running from tomorrow night , guys!! - Twilll be good to see Nickos , Linda and the "boys" , who are now young men.
A good 18 deg Arillas today and the recent rain has now been forgotten. - tis a working buzz, all around, to ensure that those places, where you love to be, have that little improvement to keep you guessing. - "Spot the change-A new competition"
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8767 on: April 17, 2019, 11:03:22 PM »
Sounds like a good game, do we ha e to have a drink everywhere we see  a change. Xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8768 on: April 18, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »
Viv - You could have a "treasure hunt" type of thing. - First one to find the BLUE LADY. -WOTSALLDATABOUT?
meanwhile........ 14deg and dry helps all here with all those jobbies that must be done before "Paska"
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8769 on: April 18, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »
Arillas Today is looking good. Not a large bin , in sight, but obviously they will need a few small ones for the empty cartons, etc that all beach users can accumulate. I am sure locals have thought of this.
The same applies to Ag George. A very , very clean sea front. Once again , this April , we have early visitors and all taking advantage of a 20 deg warm day plus the benefit of more places open to look after them.

Today... I did my bit at the recycle centre and patiently put plastic where plastic should be plus paper, plus cans, plus glass etc etc. A tad of a pain being my first time, and all that, but took only 10 minutes of my day. - Still enough time for an ouzo!!
I eagerly await how Pool Bar/Appt owners deal with their Summer waste. Cleaners are on a very tight schedule and do not have the extra minutes to seperate various items from 1 bag of kitchen rubbish. - Suggest you guys, when here, talking to the owners/staff for information on what to do with what. Or...... maybe take bits to the recycle centre personally. - May get a cup of tea. - I did , today!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8770 on: April 19, 2019, 05:56:35 PM »
Zummers Cuming !!!
I realised this when, I met a coach , right at the corner just before the one way stretch in Sidari. What to do, but turn of ingnition and puff and my newly aquired e-Cig. - E-Cig , you ask?? - Yes , saving me 20e a week on baccy. In fact don't miss the baccy. Where were e-cigs when I was 15?
(I could be worth a fortune now!!!)
Anyway... Sidari is coming alive as quick as Arillas and all , today, have been treated to 21/22 deg and warm. Arillas , avrio , for me to see wots 'appening and check out the beach etc etc etc.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8771 on: April 20, 2019, 06:03:31 PM »
Arillas Today finds a quiet forum. - Where be Y'all. - Can't be Arillas although there are many new faces but none I recognise.
I sit with a 22deg outside temp , at 6pm , and have just spent an hour plus strimming, "Arketa yia mena" - enough for me.
However , I can see very good weather in the UK. Maybe you all be somewhere on a beach, drinking real ale and tanning bits that may need topping up overhere. - Or...... maybe you are just stuck in a traffic jam, somewhere, trying to get on those Easter roads before anyone else.
(I find ouzo very good for getting between two cars, on two side wheels , just like James Bond did)
Happy days peeps,
Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #8772 on: April 20, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »
Thanks for the latest update Eggy.  Glad you are having this 'Greek Plume' too.  Hope you got a well deserved rest after all that strimming.  21°C here in Nettleham at 6pm.  Had first BBQ of the year and all the cooking was done by my youngest triplet son - very relaxing.  Hoping for continuation of the Greek plume so I can finish painting my fence over the rest of the bank holiday weekend.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8773 on: April 21, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »
Its 26% here at moment and getting hotter .yippie from me but poor Arilla dosnt know what to do with herself and cant get her cut untell Thursay when it will most propely be only about 12%

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8774 on: April 21, 2019, 04:39:05 PM »
A tad of drizzley stuff , here , at 4:30 pm and a poor 16 deg. - Ne'er mind.
Negg

Booking.com