Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021612 times)

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8775 on: April 22, 2019, 08:56:33 AM »
We’ve had a beautiful 3 days of 20degrees plus in sunny Cornwall, lucky that the weather has fallen right when we have a bit of time off work for a change.  Still can’t wait to be on that beach in Arillas though, 12 weeks and 20 weeks to wait.  Thank you for your updates Eggy, it does keep us all going.  Though I post rarely, I do have a look to see all of the latest goings on everyday.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8776 on: April 22, 2019, 03:27:51 PM »
So...........................the daily "goings on" for DaisysMum , around Arillas Today.
Obviously leading up to "Paska" and many grass banks are being strimmed and many "Kalo Paska's" being painted around houses. Many roads now have those pesky holes filled and many early tourists taking a good advantage to what is on offer. (Without bouncing in and out of craters!!)
Tis a sombre 18 deg , today , which makes life easier to do those chores outside. You can tell that it is "all go" today with vehicles zooming here n there with a "No Time Toulouse" mindset (No Time Toulouse ?? - Who remembers Monty Python??)
and for me , now , at 3:30pm?? - Get some bamboo canes in to hold up the peas n beans and then a tad of strimming. (Tis a jungle out there!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8777 on: April 25, 2019, 05:26:46 PM »
Rained today , mid morning, which knocked a few outside jobbies "on de 'ed" - By 2pm ish we all asked the question , "What Rain??"
A super afternoon which winds up with 23 deg at 5:30pm. I paid an early visit, to Ag. George, this morning and there were "sprogs" in the sea and sunbeds being used. (Obviously before the wet stuff)
Rainbow targeted for 1st May opening , I think although, if they find out "Scottish Yanis" is staying, they may delay it for a while. "Beach Kostas" could be back in business, tomorrow, with thier newly re-vamped restaurant and there is some buzzing going on at Grazella.
Mathraki have now completed thier childrens play area which, I am told, will be underneath where Val n Bill stay!!!
(STILL JOKING , VAL - JUST SEEING IF YOU ARE READING THIS)
So much to tell and so little time ......... but I also hear rumours that Athina is opening tomorrow.
So much to do, then , with so little time????
Cheers
Negg

Offline riggers

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8778 on: April 27, 2019, 12:43:58 AM »
Cheeky week next Friday 😁..Looking forward to seeing all again!! Hoping weather is kind as never been in May before... cheers Riggers.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8779 on: April 27, 2019, 09:28:09 AM »
Better tell "The Nut" to get in a pallet of Mythos then. - Assuming you are only here for week??
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8780 on: April 27, 2019, 11:36:52 AM »
Arillas today is 20 deg and sunny at 11am. Many guns being fired and bells being rang and "Kalo Paksas" being given.
Just watching Corfu TV channel and showing Corfu Town celebrations. It is packed there. Not suire if you guys can pick up the channel from U-tube or something similar but may be worth a look. If it's 20 deg here it must be 25/26 in Corfu Town especially being so packed.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8781 on: April 29, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »
Arillas Today hovers around a 21 deg and weather? - peeeerfect!
Beach Kostas now open and looking good and Grazella gets closer to do what they do best. Of course , Brouklis has already been looking after newcomers for a few days now. Malibu good and Coconut targeted for 1st May.
I have been spoilt , during the Winter , with a "Park anywhere Punto" jobbie. Not the case today. - Hoo dat in mi space??"
My Sidari shopping finds a busy place but , I have to say that they must address their rubbish problem. It is OK to cenralise areas for waste but get it emptied, guys!! - Arillas move forward and even I have done my recylce bit today. It is OK for all places to keep the beach area close to pristine but for those driving inland it is a bit of an eyesore. - Councils can only do what they can afford to do but is is a, speculate to accumulate, time here and look forward to the bigger picture. - I am concerned everything could become like those self inclusive holidays in those "up market areas" that say........
"All OK here but do not venture too far away" - "stray outside and you may get mugged". Here, you may have your eyes opened to the ongoing problem with waste. - Better than being mugged though and , if you close yer eyes you won't see it. (Rubbish , not being mugged that is)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8782 on: April 30, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »
Arillas Today is a super 22 deg and very hot, away from that mild breeze, which gives you achoice for your morning/afternoon romping.
Go and get mugged in other countries or... enjoy what this place has to offer.
A rubbish free beach front and so tidy and so perfect - Athina is open now and Eftihia is scheduled for 10 days and Armourada may be before that.
"Kostas on the Beach" is looking very good and already many are using thier new spacious outside facilities. Biggest problem for me is...............
................... dartboard not on the wall yet. (What am I supposed to do?? - Sunbathe??? - Bah , humbug!!!)
Cheers
Neggg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8783 on: April 30, 2019, 06:50:32 PM »
Arillas Today hovers around a 21 deg and weather? - peeeerfect!
Beach Kostas now open and looking good and Grazella gets closer to do what they do best. Of course , Brouklis has already been looking after newcomers for a few days now. Malibu good and Coconut targeted for 1st May.
I have been spoilt , during the Winter , with a "Park anywhere Punto" jobbie. Not the case today. - Hoo dat in mi space??"
My Sidari shopping finds a busy place but , I have to say that they must address their rubbish problem. It is OK to cenralise areas for waste but get it emptied, guys!! - Arillas move forward and even I have done my recylce bit today. It is OK for all places to keep the beach area close to pristine but for those driving inland it is a bit of an eyesore. - Councils can only do what they can afford to do but is is a, speculate to accumulate, time here and look forward to the bigger picture. - I am concerned everything could become like those self inclusive holidays in those "up market areas" that say........
"All OK here but do not venture too far away" - "stray outside and you may get mugged". Here, you may have your eyes opened to the ongoing problem with waste. - Better than being mugged though and , if you close yer eyes you won't see it. (Rubbish , not being mugged that is)
Cheers
Negg

My Sidari shopping finds a busy place but , I have to say that they must address their rubbish problem. It is OK to cenralise areas for waste but get it emptied, guys!! - Arillas move forward and even I have done my recylce bit today. It is OK for all places to keep the beach area close to pristine but for those driving inland it is a bit of an eyesore. -

Hi
I dont wish to sound negative but as I said you can only take the horse (or donkey) to the water .You cant make  it drink.
Time will tell. Hopefully I am proved wrong
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8784 on: May 05, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
Arillas today sees the re-cycle centre being used much more than the organsiers expected. Nothing that they cannot rise above. Arillas Today also has been a cheeky little minx by giving us all a cold n wet morning!! - Then , when we think it's all over and the day has gone, we get a 22 deg and sunny late afternoon. She gave us a cold afternoon , yesterday , as a welcome to Riggers n Sue and encouraged Viv n Pete to jog on the spot. Today she reminds Harold n Sally who's the boss. - Tomorrow , we hope, she will feel sorry for us all and give us a cracking day!!
A few more places, here, yet to wake up but, by the end of the week all will be spoilt for choice.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8785 on: May 06, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »
When does the bench make it's grand appearance
 i look forward to seeing it back on the jetty and the beach brollies return  from the webcam.Happy days back 20 June whoop whoop :)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8786 on: May 06, 2019, 05:47:48 PM »
The bench is slowly meandering it's way towards the jetty. - Greek bench on Greek time - Give it a week or so.
Meanwhile ....... enjoy a 20 deg a warm Arillas today.
Cheers
Negg

Offline jalal

« Reply #8787 on: May 12, 2019, 01:19:07 PM »
The bench is slowly meandering it's way towards the jetty. - Greek bench on Greek time - Give it a week or so.

And on Friday it arrived...!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8788 on: May 12, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »
WOTTANICEBENCH !! - WOTTANICEPLACETO-B ""-
Weather better tomorrow and many bums racing to get there first!!
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8789 on: May 13, 2019, 06:42:05 PM »
Arillas Today finishes at 13 deg outside temp and wet n cold. - Rain guage exploded , this morning, as couldn't cope with the wet stuff plus the hailstones which chased the cats around the garden plus the heavy wind which kept moving their feeding bowls all around the balcony.
They only wanted static biscuits!! - Life is cruel. (They probably blamed me with that peice of string, attached to the plate, which I keep pulling)
(Think I saw Viv n Pete swim past "Beach Kostas" - Didn't really look as one was wearing a bikini and it is rude to stare. -
(But Hoping Pete will tell me where he bought it from!! - Was a pretty pink polkadot!!)
So...................WOTMORECANISAY?? - (Never saw a sad face anywhere though)
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com