Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021431 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8835 on: June 29, 2019, 12:52:53 PM »
Just touching 30 deg here, at 1pm , Paul. - Probably a few degrees higher, at the Airport , so keep that water handy.
(At least you'll be leaving the UK in Summer clothes)
Have a good , non delayed, flight over.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8836 on: June 29, 2019, 04:05:02 PM »
this time tomorrow we should be on the final approach to Corfu airport * Touching 30 degrees in sunny Berkshire so we're slowly getting used to the heat and hydrating on the hour, every hour.

With Mythos or Ouzo? 😂

* Subject to SleazyJet being on time!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8837 on: June 29, 2019, 05:10:30 PM »
Karl (Truth) - Just got back from Arillas which is hovering around 33 deg and this is toooooo much for me. Maybe on a sunbed or sharing the sea is very good and also sitting on the bench is a no brainer. - dat ole bench dunaff get used , DONCHYERKNOW??
But....... when you are drinking a beer or Ouzo or two it is hard work. (I can hardly lift the glass to my mouth)
Some Tavernas are offerig waitors, now, to  do this hard part for you. (Why not just gimmmeee a straw???)
and.... who wants a waitor with a shaky arm ?? - (To the left, to the right , head up?? I am giddy now!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8838 on: June 29, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »

Hi
Neil what about topless Waitresses girls doing the job of the waiters no shaky arm or have you got a dodgy ticker

Kev

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8839 on: June 29, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »
More Arillas yesterday than today as yesterday there was a power cut in the evening that lasted about 4 hours. Everyone was melting without the aircon.  It was so beautiful to walk along the seafront and to see all the taverns lite up with candlelight only. So romantic.  The stars were out in force and so much more noticeable in the darkness.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8840 on: June 29, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »
OMG Sonia dearest. The thought of walking along from Graziella to Marina, up to the Nut and everywhere in candlelight along the way has just brought tears to my eyes. Wish I were there....

Please give our warmest love and best wishes to Bobby and all the Bardis family

Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8841 on: June 30, 2019, 11:33:54 AM »
I will do Phil. Hoping you and Jen get to be here soon.

Offline Scottishyannis

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8842 on: June 30, 2019, 02:04:23 PM »
Kalispera to all my many friends in Arillas see you in Sept especially Negg and Wegg🍙🍿🌝🌞🙊🙉🙈

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8843 on: June 30, 2019, 02:20:08 PM »
  The stars were out in force and so much more noticeable in the darkness.

When we first started going to Arillas, there were no street lights on the front, and one of our favourite things to do on a night, was to lie on the jetty star-gazing. So wish we had been there last night.
You're right - magical!!

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8844 on: June 30, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »
We also came before street lights but we also brought a torch. This year unfortunately didn't have the torch but still appreciated eating by candlelight and the show of the stars stumbling home 😃

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8845 on: June 30, 2019, 05:48:16 PM »
Arillas Today?? - 31 deg at 17:30. - Don't know how you guys put up with it!!

Welcomes to Hels Bels plus Steve n Carol who, I am told, are here for 6 weeks. - Poor Steve, every year I fail to see him but, when I do, I can remember when and where I last saw him.and Carol - Funny ole game - this memory thingy!!
Monday sees a Timbo and James and others who descend on Rainbow and they will not, hopefully, reverse anything into one of those big pots that hide around the car park. (If Timbo could hit a double like a big pot then he would be unbeatable!!)

Bumping into many faces--- Sue and Roger here plus Craig (Sue Simcox for the forum memory)
Stuart still going well and probably finishing off all the draught beer on offer at all places.

The recent power cut was , as I am told , a fire on a hill between the border of Kavaddades and Afionas. - Very close to a German Villa.
I think the authorities did vcery well to bring the power back , by midnightish. Credit given where credit due. I beleive the Villa owner was , quite rightly , very panicky , especially watching flames creep up the nearby electric pole!!

Today........????? -  so far so good.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8846 on: July 01, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
The stars in Arillas continually amaze me each year. We always have this thing me and my boys, walking back to the apt at night and sitting either on the beach or by the pool looking for a shooting star. See at least one every year but unbelievably it’s usually when everyone does in saying I am drunk (which to be fair I usually am but even so...).

Will be bittersweet this year I have Harry for our first two days then it’s just us for the last 14. I mean they are 24, 20 and 20 so I can’t complain really but the thought of them not being with is in our special place still kills me!! Does this empty nest syndrome ever get any easier??

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8847 on: July 01, 2019, 01:16:02 PM »
Yes it gets much easier. We always loved the holidays with our kids but now we love going on our own and then having another with kids and grandkids.
So pleased to say the rubbish situation is massively improved. Coming from the airport we only saw overfull bins twice and although Arillas never had much of a problem the bins near Graziella and Tria Adelphi have now disappeared and walking past the recycling centre they were hard at work so no complaints anywhere. 😎

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8848 on: July 06, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
Arillas today is our last day and it has been as fantastic as ever. Wide beach, fantastic food and beautiful people.

It has been hotter this year than at the same time last year.

The only complaint I have is that it has gone so quick. Cant wait for next year. 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8849 on: July 07, 2019, 10:27:17 AM »
Hey Sonia
You will be pleased to know that you are leaving 27 deg, behind , for everyone else to enjoy. Not sure why our weather monitor shows rain as skies are clear. - Maybe it's had too much sun??
Wishing you both a non-delayed, safe trip back , if you haven't already got there.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com