Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3019580 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8850 on: July 07, 2019, 11:02:04 AM »
Thanks Eggy.

Sat at the airport which on a Sunday is a lot more bearable. The good news is that you can now check in your bags at checkin and dont  have to queue for them to be scanned. There is still not enough seats.  The cafe upstairs which could be accessed via checkin is still there but now you can only get into it once you have gone through security. 

Until next time Corfu.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8851 on: July 07, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
At least you guys are in the right frame of mind, for the airport , after your super relaxed Arillas week.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8852 on: July 07, 2019, 06:40:04 PM »
I am sitting here , at 18:30 , looking at an outside temp of 35 deg. - Air con gives us 25 deg in the house. I reckon that all you guys, out there, must think you are lottery winners to get your Arillas Summer break absolutely right.

Rumours tell me that there is a queue to get into the sea. - 5 minutes each and then to the back of the end of the queue for another 5 mins.
CAUTION !!! - Don't burn yer bits on the North Beach. - Could ruin a romantic Arillas evening!!

I dug spuds this morning and they are already boiled!!! and.... an idea how hot it is.... we have two tom cats who hate each other with a passion and only have to see each other for trouble to start. - Right now they are 6 inches apart , on an outside table, both with all legs in the air and cannot be bothered to cause any aggro.

And.......still puzzled as to why our "suoer duper weather machine"  says "RAIN"

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8853 on: July 12, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »
WOTDOIKNOW ?? - A cooler day with a very respectable temp of 29 deg at 7pm.

You can tell it's cooler when more people have lunch and places along the beach were busier at 1:30 pm.

(WOT?? - 29 deg and too cold for the beach??)

2 B fair - The beach was still busy. "Betty Swaddies" all around""

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8854 on: July 13, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »
"word on the street" says thunderstorms + heavy wind tonight. Batten down hatches and nail cats to the ground plus , of course , garden furniture.
(Although cats are more important)
Switch off all electrical appliances , except my pacemaker.- Why does Wegg say switch off my pacemaker. - Hmmmmmm!!

anyway .... enyoy the 28 deg at 4:30 pm whilst it is still on offer.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8855 on: July 14, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »
The weather forecast was correct. A fantastic storm which unfortunately meant no Greek dancing round the pool at The Rainbow but the dancers did an excellent job dancing in a smaller space inside & Got every one up dancing.
All quiet this morning round the pool, not surprising as those hardier drinkers were still up at 3am.
Karen

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8856 on: July 14, 2019, 04:35:50 PM »
Karen n Colin
If drinking until 3am means a quiet brekkie for me, then I will take that all day (If an all day breakfast, that is)
and....as we are all alert, in the morning we can step over these bodies on our way to our table. We could always be nasty and wake some of em with a comment like ( "would you like a couple of fried eggs ?? - Just think of that runny yolk!!" )
Enjoy that 24 /26 deg you get today. - I like Rainbow, part of the family.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8857 on: July 22, 2019, 06:44:51 PM »
Arillas today bites me in the bum!!! - Thinking oif a cooler morning, one dug up the rest of the spuds and weeded various spots.
However , by 11 am twas yet another hottie. Wot happened to that recent rain?? - Was it a bad dream??
Anyway....... sitting here with 33 deg outside , at 6:30pm. -- But, the Arillas afternoon, on the beach, appreciated by many!!
Soon to play a local competition. Tis called "Spot the Lillylegs" - and then get a prize by saying """Have you just arrived??""
Cheers
Negg

and.... nearly forgot.... Kevin,,, sent you a PM. (Watch out for Amstel - They may take you to court for promoting Mythos!!)

Byeeeee!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8858 on: July 23, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »

Tomorrow will be a cooler day and all will be well - 32deg now as I type. Stop typing before it hits 35 - DATSWOTISAY!!

Cheers
Negg

and.... tis a cooler day , today --- only 25 deg at 10;30pm. - still nowhere to park though. (""Beam me up Scotty"" , as previous post)

Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8859 on: July 25, 2019, 06:48:37 AM »
Arillas today is brought to you whilst I sip on my morning coffee on my Marinaki balcony waiting for Arillas to wake up from its slumber.

Lie-in’s seem an absolute travesty when there is so much beauty to drink in and cram into a short amount of time. That said, after our first night doing some more of the ‘drinking’ in the good old coconut we were a little worse for wear yesterday morning and weren’t anywhere close to watching the sunrise!

So what does this magical place offer is long-time visitors that makes us return year on year? Where do I start?

The people first and foremost. Welcoming you back like family members whether it is your 2nd time or 24th time. The spectacular beach, constantly evolving year on year with 2019 being probably the best I have witnessed since 1995.

Did I mention the food? Oh my god the food. Good for you if you count calories throughout the year but leave any such nonsense at home! Dive into the delicious local delicacies, mop up that glorious olive oil with the lovely fresh bread, step out of your comfort zone and try something new. If you choose choose meals from back home you will probably be disappointed. If you let the tavernas showcase their traditional dishes you will be in heaven.

The thing that I love about Arillas is that the whole community are constantly striving to improve each year and give us something to delight in on each subsequent visit. One business owner once told us that each year they invest 10% of their revenue to improve things. There is evidence of this everywhere and it continues to surprise us each time we visit.

To any first-time visitors please shout your first impressions from the rooftops, spend some time on trip advisor and review all the establishments that made your holiday so special. Arillas deserves many more visitors but I am also torn between keeping this piece of heaven to ourselves so that it retains its exclusive feel.

With a glorious day of languishing on the beach and long leisurely lunch and dinner to look forward to, life is very ‘goog’ indeed xx

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8860 on: July 25, 2019, 10:35:28 AM »
Beautiful words Jo, sums up my feelings about Arillas perfectly - but doesn't nothing to stop the "I want to be in Arillas" pangs!!!  I am so green with envy.   It gets harder and harder to leave each year.  Still, only 49 weeks until we return home!  Enjoy your time in our little slice of paradise :-)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8861 on: July 25, 2019, 11:02:27 AM »
Jo - thanks for the post. All us Arilliacs are in total agreement with you.  I have had my fix this year but sill, wish I was there again.  Enjoy every moment, I am sure you will.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8862 on: July 25, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »
Enjoy Jo !!!!!! 
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8863 on: July 25, 2019, 06:00:42 PM »

Hi jo

A very good post well done love it

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8864 on: July 25, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »
Arillas today , with 32 deg at 6pm , but I can put up with that as I have just found a long lost limited edition book.
Take a look at the A-Z guys and name that man!!!
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com