Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021215 times)

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8985 on: October 01, 2019, 08:26:47 PM »
It was also nice to see that the rubbish was being collected regularly.
The bins were emptied twice a week by us.
Barry and Christine.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8986 on: October 04, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »

Hi

Neil what is the weather like in the winter months can you walk around in a T- shirt and shorts don’t for get you are use to the winter weather someone who dose not live out in Arillas.
I would love to come out in the winter months and see the other side of Arillas

Kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8987 on: October 11, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
Kevin , tis a good time to be around Arillas and it's neighbouring places. - And yes , not much open but still a small choice where you will be very welcome and guys have time to sit and speak with you, - Tis a nice Winter and recommended.

Tis like "Arillas Today" . really where we had about a 23 deg afternoon but twas quiet and , dare I add , I saw John the Ref and Dot in the Sea?? - (Nearly waded in to say """Get of my Land""" but it looked too cold for me!)
Bumped into a luvly couple at "Beach Kostas" and now I have forgotten thier names again!! - I remember we sparred a few games of darts, last year,  and I also remember they never gave me a chip from their lunchtime meal. -
No one shares their chips anymore!! - Ron and Ali started this trend!
(Where did I go wrong RON. One chip and I would give a song Ron. Maybe the wrong song Ron. but on me the pressure is upon , Ron.)
Anyway.......... I degress and my Punto is in charge and takes me to places I do not expect. I change the gears and turn the wheel but , HEY HO!!
so...................
Back to Rainbow for a chinwag with Scottish Yianis and the "Ref Duo" plus a poor couple sat at the far end of the seating that had to put up with my loud rambling!! - Sorry guys!! , next year I think duct tape on the mouth may cure me!! (I only say "may")
A nice afternoon and a few stray cats fed , on the way home . Feel sorry for Wegg as she has to put up with me alllllllll evening.
Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8988 on: October 11, 2019, 08:01:28 PM »
No chance of getting a toe wet Neil, a passing thought of entering water beyond the sand, never a hope of that happening.
The sea was so warm you missed a treat.
It's a good job the reflexes remain intact, the sight of a white punto swerving towards us on the way back to Rainbow almost made me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Home for us tomorow, following a fabulous two weeks.
A couple of storms but October in Arillas has served us well with fantastic late summer sun.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8989 on: October 12, 2019, 09:51:33 AM »
Glad you have enjoyed it Ref 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8990 on: October 17, 2019, 10:13:05 AM »
Hi John n Dot. Once again I got lost in that time warp but was glad I got the chance to wish you a Kalo Taxidi.

Forgot to post this on Tuesday. - Tis a quiet Arillas afternoon with the temp actually touching 28deg. Not bad for 15th Oct.

Many places finally closed, yesterday. - Probably have "Beach Kostas" and "Beach Point" , Brouklis, maybe and Armourada. Not sure if Eftihia and Grazella , Vinceremos will stay open for a while. - I will know later. There are probably a few others hanging on in there!!
Gold Stars go to Tria and Rainbow for looking after thier last 2 or 3 customers up to , I think 6pm, yesterday. A long day for them.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8991 on: October 17, 2019, 05:59:12 PM »
Vinceremos , Garzella and Thallasa still open. - Still a few "October Fest" enjoyers around. .... and why not with 26deg at 6pm???
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8992 on: October 17, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »

Hi

You can have a rest now and practice you darts 🤣

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8993 on: October 18, 2019, 03:47:15 PM »
There is no peace for the wicked , Kevin. - You know that - """Remember the one armed man in FUGITIVE"""
(Anyway , knuckle down and repair that injury!!! - Should I report you the the "Long Arm of the Law" ??

So........... what's going on with Arillas Today?? - Grazella , Thalassa , Vinceremos and Beach Kostas.  all with customers?? -
Tis mid October , donchyerknow?? - A quick mental count gives me 36 shared "late comers" who , obviously will be eating tonight. This doesn't count those in Ina's Coffee shop plus those just having a stroll. 27 deg at 3:30pm and I saw a few in the water , which I am told is on the warmish side.
WOTLUCKYPEEPS- R - ORL - ERE??

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8994 on: October 18, 2019, 03:59:48 PM »
27 degrees mid October !   Soopa Doopa !!!!!
Enjoy mate
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8995 on: October 21, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »
28 deg , today , Karl....... the worlds gone mad!!!!
and..... where all all these tourists coming from? - Have they all been locked away in a wardrobe? - Breakout time ...like zombies!!!
...... I mean that nicely though, even though one went for my brain. - Unlucky no brain there , just an ouzo jelly!
...... afterwards we sang a song together! - Always be nice.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8996 on: October 22, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »
Touching 29deg today, at 5pm,  and the beach looks better than it did from my last Tuesday pic. - Sunbeds in use and bodies in sea.
Ina's "coffee spot" doing well, and Stathis has a tad more time to dance along to his bar music. Customers luv 'im to bits and Ina, I am sure, will get him back for next Summer. - Brouklis will be open, each evening, from 7pm until 26th October which could mean a visit from moi!!
Tis his name day on the 26th ...DONCHYERKNOW??
The weather is amazing as is the exchange rate. - e1.16 today. - will it go up or down?? -DATIS-DEE-KWESTION.
(Probably depends where MP's are holidaying , next year - do you think they are buying their euros now???)
Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8997 on: October 22, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »
Touching 29deg today, at 5pm,  and the beach looks better than it did from my last Tuesday pic. - Sunbeds in use and bodies in sea.
Ina's "coffee spot" doing well, and Stathis has a tad more time to dance along to his bar music. Customers luv 'im to bits and Ina, I am sure, will get him back for next Summer. - Brouklis will be open, each evening, from 7pm until 26th October which could mean a visit from moi!!
Tis his name day on the 26th ...DONCHYERKNOW??
The weather is amazing as is the exchange rate. - e1.16 today. - will it go up or down?? -DATIS-DEE-KWESTION.
(Probably depends where MP's are holidaying , next year - do you think they are buying their euros now???)
Cheers
Negg
Hi
I could reply to your comment on the euro but I mustn’t.
Notice you have dropped your Boris signature
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8998 on: October 22, 2019, 11:19:33 PM »
Of course I have dropped the Boris signature. That's in the past, as is Boris. - ( I luv his hair though) I eagerly await a e1.18 exchange rate.
It's 1.192 outside , at the moment, at 11pm.
A pleasent evening , at Night Owl , for me , where many veiws were swapped with a very nice West German couple. As a group decision we agreed that good TV watching would be Donald Trump and Boris Johnson doing the best of 3 in an arm wrestling contest!!
But I digress here.........
........ a super day which did all latecomers proud plus the usual Greek "filoxenia" which made it better. Evenings are still a chill out time.
The Summer doesn't end till the "fat lady" sings. - and there's no such thing as a fat lady anymore.
So when a well proportioned lady starts a sing-a-long, i will know that Winter's coming.

Or , we could say the Summer does not end till the Jetty bench vanishes.... tis still there today guys!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8999 on: October 24, 2019, 04:29:41 PM »
Just some "poor"pics of Arillas today which continues to give us guys here 27deg.

So much to give and so few to appreciate.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com