Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021034 times)

Offline ron

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9015 on: December 17, 2019, 07:25:51 PM »
From a player or supervisor prospective.?
ron

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9016 on: December 17, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »
Either way it's a "rum do" , Ron.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9017 on: January 10, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »
Are we spoilt in Arillas? - Do we enjoy good temps? - What happens in the Winter??
At 6:30 pm we have an outside temp of 9.4 deg but better than 8am when it was 1.8. -So now 21 deg in the house and we are both sat on the radiator. (Looking a tad like a pair of bookends!!)
Frosty mornings and chilly afternoons. - Bummer!!!
Cheers
Neill

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9018 on: January 10, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »
We saw in yesterday's Daily Telegraph that Corfu had an overnight temperature of minus 1°C.  I remember that sometimes you see a covering of snow.  Best keep the boiler going and the radiators doing their stuff.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9019 on: January 11, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »
9 deg outside and raining , at 6:30 pm , PJ. - Not a day for speedos. A good day for "Long-John-oh's"
But.... Arillas still looks a cracker. So peaceful and so relaxed.
Cheers to you both.
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9020 on: January 11, 2020, 06:08:58 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes, Eggy.  Hope you two do have another good year in that wonderful place - Corfu.
Julia and I are looking forward to our holiday there in September after missing out last year - will try to make up for it in 2020.
Am looking forward too to the warmer days of summer when I can get into my Speedos once more even if its only on the beach at the Lincolnshire Coast.
Best wishes to all forum folk
Pat

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9021 on: February 01, 2020, 06:17:46 PM »
Arillas today and many "goings on" which tells me to get off my butt and keep you guys informed. -
Maybe a few pics on the way home tomorrow?
Meanwhile........ Tonto, disguised as a door, had his knob shot off by the Lone Ranger!!
(Means nothing and maybe the Boss will order a line deletion)

anyway....... dry , 14 deg and a very peaceful afternoon. - February now and only 3 months till "open for business"
I can see into the future -................
............ Kaloudis install a special safe so PJ can lock up his speedos overnight. -
(Collectors item - many are crying out for them - Many are crying out when they see them )
............ Karl playing Water Polo, with John R, in Rainbow Pool.
(Karl won't get a red card as the coiour runs when soaked in water)
.............Kevin - armed with spade and that other gardening tool ,
(What's that? , we ask , Hoe, Ho  , Ho , says he. - WOTTANAPPYBUNNY!!)
............ Viv n Pete. - Wearing high heels this Summer.
(Viv , not Pete!!)
........... Val n Bill - Providing Bill can evict those squatters hiding in his moustache!
........... Erja with partner. - Let's hope he plays darts!!
........... Turkeyfoot - With a jar of Dijon mustard and of course a glass of Burgundy.
Shall I go on?? - Nah! - If this brings a smile then "bravo" - if you have fallen asleep then "Sleep Well" - I have acheived something.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9022 on: February 01, 2020, 06:47:39 PM »

Hi

Well done thank you Mr Eggy

Kev

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9023 on: February 01, 2020, 09:14:23 PM »
Yes, thanks, Eggy for cheering us up during these cold winter days.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9024 on: February 01, 2020, 11:43:25 PM »
It must mean Summer is just around the corner with the return of Arillas today woohoo! Val n Bill? (Always vainbill to me..) Whatever happened to them? Have they still been visiting?

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9025 on: February 02, 2020, 02:05:32 AM »
Happy Days are not far away Negg 😁
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9026 on: February 02, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »
Arillas today and many "goings on" which tells me to get off my butt and keep you guys informed. -
Maybe a few pics on the way home tomorrow?
Meanwhile........ Tonto, disguised as a door, had his knob shot off by the Lone Ranger!!
(Means nothing and maybe the Boss will order a line deletion)

anyway....... dry , 14 deg and a very peaceful afternoon. - February now and only 3 months till "open for business"
I can see into the future -................
............ Kaloudis install a special safe so PJ can lock up his speedos overnight. -
(Collectors item - many are crying out for them - Many are crying out when they see them )
............ Karl playing Water Polo, with John R, in Rainbow Pool.
(Karl won't get a red card as the coiour runs when soaked in water)
.............Kevin - armed with spade and that other gardening tool ,
(What's that? , we ask , Hoe, Ho  , Ho , says he. - WOTTANAPPYBUNNY!!)
............ Viv n Pete. - Wearing high heels this Summer.
(Viv , not Pete!!)
........... Val n Bill - Providing Bill can evict those squatters hiding in his moustache!
........... Erja with partner. - Let's hope he plays darts!!
........... Turkeyfoot - With a jar of Dijon mustard and of course a glass of Burgundy.
Shall I go on?? - Nah! - If this brings a smile then "bravo" - if you have fallen asleep then "Sleep Well" - I have acheived something.
Cheers
Negg

Hi Negg
It may surprise you that although I have never purchased French mustard, or even German mustard, I did purchase a bottle of French wine in 1992 though.

In 1992 the  Maastricht Treaty signed by the 12 members of the ''club''. It established the European Union as we know it today.

After the treaty was signed, three countries held referendums on its ratification. In Denmark, two referendums were held before the Maastricht Treaty was passed.
If one country had failed to ratify the Treaty the EU as it is today would never have happened. Which is why Brussels made Denmark vote twice until they made the right decision.

John Major, our Prime Minister, refused the UK electorate a referendum and signed the UK up for what is know known as the EU. Rather ironic when he recently
supported another UK referendum.

Anyway, back to my bottle of wine. France was expected to reject the Treaty. I therefore bought a bottle saying I would drink it if they indeed stopped the progress of the Treaty and the march towards more integration. They capitulated and signed up . I poured it down the sink.

Geoff
PS I did not mention the B word once lol

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9027 on: February 02, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »
Geoff tells a wonderful tale of his consistent rejection of the EU, but how sad that a perfectly good bottle of wine should end up down the sink.

On the subject of mustard may I say that while I like German and French Mustard the mustard of choice in the PatrickJohn household is Colman's Double Superfine Mustard Powder.  Sadly Tesco only sell it in 2 ounce tins whereas we used to buy the 4 ounce ones.  We get through a 2 oz. tin in a couple of weeks.  I wrote to Colman's who said they did it in sizes up to 1 pound.  However the postage costs more than the mustard!

If you look closely you can see several empty mustard tins on my desk - they make great pen & pencil holders:-

PJM in his study

by pj's memories, on Flickr

In my humble opinion, lets be friends with all the continentals and trade freely with them, but I have no wish to subsume our laws and taxation in a system of decision making in Brussels.
By the way, Eggy, if you become Greek, I won't hold it against you!
Regards to all Forumfolk - Pat.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9028 on: February 02, 2020, 02:40:15 PM »

Hi

Neil can only become a Greek citizens if he wears this and play darts

kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9029 on: February 02, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »
Good 'ole Geoff - I only want a one line reply and I get the equivalent of Tolstoy's "War n Peace"
I wonder how you would look in that pic that Kevin posted??

Meanwhile I have some piccie updates to post but probably tomorrow as I want to have a beef and mustard sandwich.-Which mustard.? - Hmmm.
so... leaving you with a 15deg outside temp at 17:00.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com