Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021157 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8325 on: July 09, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »
It must have been lovely for Billy to hear the story about lovely old George. The place is just magical
Isn't it x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8326 on: July 09, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
Oh yes, Jo. Oh yes.......

Have a wonderful time this summer. It ain't the first and it won't be the last.......

Will be watching intently for your Arillas Today reports. 'twill keep me going for my first year with no Arillas visits at all.  :-(

loveandhugs
Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8327 on: July 09, 2017, 10:33:03 PM »
Yes Jo looking  forward to your Arillas today .  Hoping that one year we can see each other again in our beloved place. X

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8328 on: July 18, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
I can report that John n Dot are here safely and now have, at least one suitcase, containing John's attire.
Maybe you didn't know that their luggage was on a "follow on" yesterday. Told to me by Steve n Carol , who I thought I had seen last year, but apparently it was three years ago. Another story about flying time may be in order,.

Anyway... my offer, to John, of a spare pair of black lace panties and a leopard skin thong was not required today.
WOTTAPITY as Truth would have loved to see the photos!!! Personally I would have loved to see the lady who left them at the Villa. (Exploding pacemaker springs to mind!!)

But, All is not lost and it is only "skin covers" that were delayed. It does not ruin their time here and they take it in their stride. - (That 'ole Greek way of life creeps up on y'all)
However , With 30 deg here at 5pm who needs clothes anyway??

Yet another different day. No time to be bored. ( Forgot to offer the thong thingy to Dot - Ne'er mind )

Cheers
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8329 on: July 18, 2017, 05:43:56 PM »
You should have been a comedian Eggy. That last post had me in stitches.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8330 on: July 18, 2017, 10:07:52 PM »
I have already seen Ref in the changing rooms after matches with the black lace panties on Eggy....... very fetching 😆
I could never work out whether he'd worn them under his little black number on the pitch or whether he had changed into them for post match drinks...... alas we will never know ...... 😂
Oooooohhhhh,,,,,, I do miss those football days John , happy times that we should probably have cherished more than we did mate ☺
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8331 on: July 19, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »
Sonia  good to know you can chuckle with me.
(Some laugh at me maybe, 'cause I own a zimmer frame with racing stripes and petrol engine-only used for darts K/O's)

Karl - I could have lent John my fishnet stockings but I only have one pair. I keep 'em in my workshop and have tools in one and a ladder in the other!!

Tooo much nonsense....
.....  Arillas today winds down with yet another 30 deg and an afternoon lack of parking, yet again.
Where does everyone go?? - I think, as we meander to August it will get much busier. AND Y NOT??

Cheers
Negg

Offline peggy1945

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8332 on: July 20, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »
Hilarious! Can't wait for John's reply.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8333 on: July 20, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
Well , Peggy , I think a house brick bounced off the roof of my 'ole Punto, this afternoon, but that could not have been John R as he has a good sense of humour. - And... probably planning something uncomfortable for me , as I type.
He and Dot know that Arillas would very quickly rally round him should their cases not appear.
Especially those lovely people at any of the local Guru retreats - They would have lent him a kaftan!
(Now that is food for thought!! - Nice flowered one , ankle length)

Anyway......I now eagerly await a tad of retaliation,  and as Kenny Everett used to say...
" It's all done in the best possible taste!! "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So , Arillas Today ?? Still 32 deg at 7pm and although rain is forecast I do not think that will happen. I long for a day with an average temp of 24 deg or a tad of overnight rain. It seems busier in Arillas than Sidari at the moment and we all hope, naturally,  that all local businesses are getting the benefit.

Wegg off to the UK , next Wednesday, for a month, so any takers for washing/cooking/ironing/housework very welcome.
(Can I live for 4 weeks on Gyros??? - Watch this space!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8334 on: July 20, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »
Kaftan food for thought

Where do you get that on the menu Neil.
Might Give it a try if it comes with boiled potatoes.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8335 on: July 21, 2017, 01:33:51 AM »
:-3  :-) :-) :-)

yerkeepinmegoin Neill and John. Looking forward to more hilarity and joy. :-)
BTW, Wendy is always welcome to visit if she can find us in middle of nowhere here in rural Somerset....

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8336 on: July 24, 2017, 04:26:12 PM »
Especially those lovely people at any of the local Guru retreats - They would have lent him a kaftan!
(Now that is food for thought!! - Nice flowered one , ankle length)

Anyway......I now eagerly await a tad of retaliation,  and as Kenny Everett used to say...
" It's all done in the best possible taste!! "

LOL! :D you old so and so Eggy! Keep them updates coming on luggage and all the other things that are Arillas 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8337 on: July 25, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »
We are day 3 into our holiday and To say we are totally chilled out would be a vast understatement. The weather has been glorious we dined at Brouklis the first night and the yearly awaited lamb chops were beyond divine! Mick's moussaka was equally as good. We went to Effies last night and they had some love Greek music which made the whole evening totally bliss. Horizon tonight and we have met up with lots of forum members and had lovely catch ups with the locals. This place really is perfect. But I guess you already know that!

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8338 on: July 25, 2017, 08:24:17 PM »
Lovely to read Jo

This will be our 5th visit to Arillas and we're always slightly apprehensive that it won't be as enjoyable as the previous year because we've been before. So far that hasn't been the case, in fact it's been quite the opposite. Arillas does gets better and better and then when I read forum member's posts it seems to be the case for everyone (obviously why so many keep returning!)
However it's still great to be reminded of what a special place it is and I loved your comment which said....This place really is perfect.
Yes we do all agree but it's still lovely to read, especially from someone who's been visiting for as long as you have. I'm actually getting goosebumps thinking about being there...3 more sleeps!

Suzy X

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8339 on: July 25, 2017, 09:02:58 PM »
Sounds like you are having a great time Jo, as usual.
 Glad you enjoyed the music at Efi's as much as I did!

Booking.com