Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020359 times)

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8415 on: February 23, 2018, 08:34:22 AM »

HI ALL

Hi Mo how are you i hope to see you this year with darts

I think this is it if not Neil will say

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Louvros.cafe/@39.7385051,19.6639097,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x135b51fd69e2ce17:0xe4ca2d6288884b7e!8m2!3d39.737775!4d19.6743381

kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8416 on: February 23, 2018, 05:31:07 PM »
Kevin - I hope Mo n Dave bring their darts , also, but I would prefer they left the flights at home!!!

Yer not wrong with Louvros Café. Used to be the !Zachharoplasteo" - A busy place and very popular with all here. ( No dart board though)

Arillas has been a dry day , today , after 4 days of, what seemed to be, so much rain , the heavens much be overdrawn. (Pay overdraft back & give us a rest)
Poor "Clean Monday" and not an Arillas Kite in sight!! - But many in "Kostas" n Armourada enjoying a vast selection of fish on offer.

Holes in roads are getting bigger and there has been a few minor mud slides, but nothing here that puts locals under pressure (Take in in stride time)

Fiesta found a big hole though , on the way to Sidari , which cost us a new tyre. - BUMMER!!! - (You just don't know what's under that puddle)

But.... all in all , a very nice warm day and with "Kostas" and "Beach Point"  to sit and watch the waves , "WOTCOODBEBETTER??"

Wegg cooks me a "Night Owl" size pork choppie , tonight , so maybe "COODBEBETTER" - (Who knows about Night Owl Pork Chops , then?? - Big buggers!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8417 on: February 24, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
Arillas Today finally starts to dry out at , around 4pm. Overnight and morning rain gave us , around 35mm , and twas a tad fiery , this afternoon.

[imghttp://arillas.atwebpages.com/zp-core/i.php?a=arillas&i=24021.JPG&s=595&cw=0&ch=0&q=85&wmk=%21&check=f9aa0433efc65fb319b564ec198d8aaf998c9509][/img]

Nice and warm , though, both in Beach Point and Kostas , where you could sit and watch nature with the comfort of that necessary log burner.
( and a beer , of course).
Right now , at 18:30 , still dry with a 10 deg outside temp. - Not venturing outside tonight , then??
Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8418 on: February 25, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »
Thank you, Negg, for a wonderful post. My heart is there watching the grey sky, white waves and sipping my Mythos in Beach Point. Totally relaxed and soaking up the atmosphere....

But could you send it back, please. I am supposed to have my heart in other things, apparently. Here in Arctic Britain, awaiting the icy blasts that are about to arrive. Apparently.

On second thoughts, keep it there, buy it another Mythos and keep it happy till the body arrives to claim it.....

Hoping my Arillas Today will be very soon
Phil

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8419 on: March 14, 2018, 10:43:04 PM »
Hope you get there soon Phil. Jen too. It’s just never soon enough. We should be there end of August for 3 weeks. With darts, Neil and Kev. Both playing for pub teams this year. I can see Dave improving but my progress is slow! X

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8420 on: March 15, 2018, 08:55:07 AM »

HI ALL

Phil and Jen you need your Arillas FIX after a long wait hope to see you both soon

see you Mo and Dave with darts cold beer and Neil with his ouzo in september

kevin & beverly

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8421 on: March 31, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »
Not an Arillas Today but more of an Arillas for many days before. Now I have finally got off my butt to update you guys with all the "goings on" in your favourite "goings on" spot. - Sitting comfortably??? - Could be a War n Peace size book here!!

I can tell you that February has been the wettest Feb for 10 years. - 320mm (most of which felt like it was in 3 days)
Caused much grief and leg biting to many of us here who wanna get outside and do some refurb/maintenance work.

March , so far , has been two steps up and one step down but we are getting there. To answer a recent question about the beach - One day we have loadsa kelp n weed n stuff and then , like today , the beach is good thanks to that wild breeze that sneaks the sea in and magic's the kelp away. Me-thinks a wide beach is on target for May, guys!!! -
 Nearing the end of March, and with better weather, is bringing many locals out of many cupboards to get their places ready for many.
And.... talking of many.... There are many people here already and the completion is fierce looking for places to eat. Arm wrestling to see who gets the last table has not happened yet but twas a full Beach Kostas on Thursday and this afternoon ,( SATURDAY,)  - it tired me out just watching the guys there running around like headless chickens.(Owners not customers) - So many people and a limited choice of where to go. Next week will be different.
(March , so far had been 130mm rainfall but I think nature has decided "Enuff is Enuff" and may take a rest)

Arillas changes?? - Well , those appts next to Rainbow have sprung on leaps n bounds and are looking good. (Ready for this year?? - Who knows)
Ina's Supermarket looks to have been gutted out and much re-furb going on inside plus a new roof. LOADSA WURK. I am told she has plans to re-open with the addition of super coffee bar area for May.
Alex Supermarket , equally has been busy. ( noted from the many old display cabinets discarded outside ) Busy ole boy he is.
I am sure that Horizon is/has re-vamped slightly - Cannot put my finger on the updates but the front does look different.
Coconut is "doing summit" but inside, and I do not like to peer,  as is Malibu, Had a nice chat with George ( Guy never stops working!! )

The holes, in all the roads, keep moving around but the council continue to catch many and re-fill. Tis a long battle for them as is keeping those rubbish bins clear. So far so good.

Marina Pool bar , I think will be a great credit to the effort Billy n Danilelle are putting in.- plus of course others, -Motivation is with them-Keen to do a good job

Meanwhile , as PASKA approaches, so many visitors keep appearing . German, English , have bumped into a French couple and yesterday , an Italian family.

Right now, and I have to say it is 21 deg outside at 6pm, we all , in Arillas , have Beach Point and Kostas on the Beach , and Athina plus Marvel and Armourada to thank for keeping us all sane. I think Arillas will start to buzz and fully be awake in 2 weeks time. Looking forward to an open Brouklis and Night Owl maybe just after PASKA. - Maybe.
And.... talking of Brouklis - WOTSGOINONTHERE?? - Much work - Dimitris saying diddly - Surprise for Summer guests? another maybe.

Cheers to all who haven't fallen asleep yet and finally got to THE END.
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8422 on: March 31, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
Thanks Eggy. Hung onto every word of that. Just love hearing how Arillas is waking up after its hibernation.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8423 on: March 31, 2018, 08:01:48 PM »
Thanks Neill
Roll on 20th May

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8424 on: March 31, 2018, 10:35:53 PM »

Hi
Well done Neil thanks mate

Kevin and Beverly

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8425 on: March 31, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »
TEST - Internet problems here.- Lost Google etc etc.
fixed it now...

Man, 88, arrested after shooting would-be burglar

An 88-year-old man who shot and injured one of two would-be burglars at his home in the  Athens suburb of Glyfada on Monday was arrested for illegal weapons possession. One burglar stated that he tried to get away but the 88 year old leapt from his zimmer frame and started to bite his ankles.- He may consider legal action but may not have a leg to stand on.

BREAKING NEWS  Business 10:56 – Will this be the top selling lager , this Summer, in Corfu?

Not happy with the usual lagers? This may change your mind, Mixed with orange peel/skin, turn the bottle upside down, before opening , to get that extra zest, or open upright and you will not be taking the pith..
Only available for the public when it has all been passed by the men in quality control. - Running water helps!

LIFE Archaeology 25.03.2018 : 11:56

In a photograph from 1985, Maria Arabatzoglou hides  with her fellow students from the tour guide school at the apollo temple Epicurius, Bassae, in the Peloponnese (They’re all  hiding behind the pillars – we know)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8426 on: April 01, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
Thanks Neill....can’t wait to see it all on Thursday....
Sandy x

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8427 on: April 01, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »
 Brilliant news report... can’t wait 😊

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8428 on: April 01, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »
Happy April Fools day Eggy. Oh and Happy Easter.

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8429 on: April 02, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »
Great update, thanks Eggy - can't wait to be back. 12 weeks today and counting!!

Booking.com