Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021133 times)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8745 on: February 28, 2019, 05:41:48 PM »
Thanks for the update, Eggy.  Good to hear about the things that go on in Arillas which are often so different to things that go on in my corner of England.  The beach is looking good.
Will not be visiting Arillas this year and will have to disport myself in my Speedos in Kos instead.

Preparing to Dive at the Mythos Hotel, Tingaki, Kos (June 2017)

by pj's memories, on Flickr

Because of my hospitalisation and subsequent recovery we left it too late to get out favourite dates at the Kaloudis Holiday Village.
However to be sure of 2020 we are booked for September 2020 at the Kaloudis.

Will have to content myself until then with your excellent reports and looking at the photographs on the A to Z.

Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8746 on: March 01, 2019, 05:49:59 PM »
Arillas will miss , very much , PJ and his super lady , this year.
But.... what worries me...... Is Kos ready for those speedos?? - You guys will enjoy though as you create your own enjoyment.

Arillas will also miss Karl n Family but , priorities for family comes first. We all will doff our hats for that. Good wishes matey!

Arillas gives us "plodders" 18 deg , today , and a super afternoon, but I worry that more Arilliacs will fail to appear this Summer.
A sad Negg signs off. -

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8747 on: March 01, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
Hi
I will be there in September as usual
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8748 on: March 01, 2019, 09:31:36 PM »
Hi
I will be there in September as usual
Geoff

Providing of course that UK flights will be allowed into continental Europe LOL
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8749 on: March 02, 2019, 10:57:32 AM »
The question is....... " will they let you leave , once here?? " - (Reckon there are many that would love that!)

13 deg and dry , here today , and the first official day for the "Arillas Recycling Centre"
Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8750 on: March 02, 2019, 01:25:34 PM »
Hi

If I get stuck you will have to explain the etiquette of darts.

Bought some Euros when they were high recently so have to spend them somewhere. Today rates not great.
Will buy some more on March 13th

Geoff

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8751 on: March 03, 2019, 10:35:17 AM »
Arillas will miss , very much , PJ and his super lady , this year.
But.... what worries me...... Is Kos ready for those speedos?? - You guys will enjoy though as you create your own enjoyment.

Arillas will also miss Karl n Family but , priorities for family comes first. We all will doff our hats for that. Good wishes matey!

Arillas gives us "plodders" 18 deg , today , and a super afternoon, but I worry that more Arilliacs will fail to appear this Summer.
A sad Negg signs off. -
Cheers mate , appreciated 🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8752 on: March 04, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
I tell it like it is , Karl. - Stay well to all.

And.......Arillas Today , albeit 18 deg is a bit of a mix up from "MOI"
Clean Monday is next Monday , so no kites flying today. - Wotta-I-Gotta do to get things right.??

Nice afternoon though.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8753 on: March 05, 2019, 03:52:21 PM »
Doncha jus luv Arillas Today??

Sat outsdie Beach Point , with a good group of friends, and giving passing dogs a lamb shank bone and then , latecomers a few biscuits , plus of course the occassional "Early Tourist" who may be partial to these treats. ( Actually not bad dipped in Ouzo!!)
20 deg with a mild breeze deters not a soul but brings out beachwalkers , relaxers , and "Int-life-good" appreciating what Arillas has to offer.
Or...... "int-life-GOOG" for the benefit of Erja.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8754 on: March 09, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
Well , you guys !! - Tis all quiet out there and makes me feel that I am rubbing in all these recent super reports on "Arillas Today" !!
So.... I will tone it down a tad to make y'all feel better.

Arillas Today , still hovering around 19 deg at 5:30 pm, and wotta busy time for Beach Point n Beach Kostas n Armourada.
Obviously we have all had a hectic time , today , so Sunday is yer preverbial day of rest.
We then prepare for "Clean Monday" .Kites all cleaned and ready plus lines will be lengthend , with great expectaion, to capture whatever breeze is available.
( I don't fly kites , but , with a few hot peppers can offer a good breeze !! )
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #8755 on: March 19, 2019, 01:44:55 PM »
Or...... "int-life-GOOG" for the benefit of Erja.

Cheers
Negg

Life is always GOOG at spring my friend. The days get longer and warmer and the summer feels just around the corner. See you in August and CAN'T WAIT! 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8756 on: March 31, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
Erja
I suffer from a severe groin strain , at the moment , so if it does not get better , by August, there is no way that i can spend time with you n Heide.
(Bet those words have got people thinking now!!!)
What I mean is..... you guys make me laugh so much it will give me too much pain to cope with!!.
anyway......................
Arillas today is 20 deg and good. - These pics from yesterday.

Many "goings on" , here in Arillas.
Big changes at Mathraki Complex. - Much work being done. (Val n Bill , don't worry! - I do not think it is a childrens play area!!!!)
Rainbow having yet another re-vamp. - How they continue to improve, what is super already , amazes me!!
Kostas on the Beach - Increasing thier outside dining area and reducing inside space. They were aware that, although a busy 2018 Summer , late guests were dissapointed at having to sit inside. A larger kitchen plus extra staff will , I am sure, fill this new "revamped outside"
Marina having work done , Grazella doing their bit , --- Malibu?? - Yet another improvement that George has thought off (must get a pic)
WOTAVIMIST??? - who knows - maybe more to follow. Watch this space! - but only you guys,k as if locals see it they will tile and put a shower in!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8757 on: March 31, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »
Good to hear thst things move on and improve even more mate....  🙂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8758 on: April 02, 2019, 04:39:09 PM »
The beach is looking superb for this early in the year! Fingers crossed x

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #8759 on: April 02, 2019, 08:03:01 PM »
Exciting to hear the updates- and wow, what a beach.   Counting the weeks, can't be there soon enough :-)

Booking.com