Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020855 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8820 on: June 08, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »
This is so sad to here
We aren't going until July 2020 yet we only just managed to book where we wanted as did other members of my family.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8821 on: June 11, 2019, 06:36:11 PM »
Internet back after losing it since last Wednesday. All I can say is ... Arillas Today ... 31deg outside temp at 6:30 pm.
John R n Dot enjoying as are Mick n Mary plus Geoff plus many other faces that I recognise but lose the names. -
Kevin ----- Getting forgetful , maybe I should get back in that cage??
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8822 on: June 12, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »
7:15 pm and Arillas Today gives us 31deg plus a tad "warm" - WOTSTHATALLABOUT??
Ref John n Dot have been dipping in a very relaxed sea so must be good. (John still had his cap on!! - So good vibes there)
I continue to melt but WOTDEHELL. Tis good to be here and do yer own thing. - One day I will have a paddle jobbie in the sea.
(I did say PADDLE , didn't I - "A" s and "I" s confuse me sometimes.)
Cheers
Negg

Offline jebbo

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8823 on: June 14, 2019, 10:33:07 PM »
Eggy,

Just make sure you hang on to the good weather for a while. Arriving 4 July for a couple of weeks 😎😎😎

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8824 on: June 15, 2019, 04:52:30 PM »
Jebbo - There should be some good weather for you to enjoy. (although expect rain for the first two days!!)

Arillas Today bids a fond "kalo taxidi" to those young veterans John n Dot. They currently sit in Rainbow , as I type , enduring the 29 deg on offer but made much more tolerable by their "Last Supper". ----- Buggers neer saved me a chip!!! ---- Anyway....I am told they will be back in September with a selection of red n yellow cards plus other Rainbow colours for the benefit of Karl (Truth ) It seems as a footballer he collects all the colours available.!! - Meanwhile Ron n Sue take what Arillas has to offer very calmly and professional.
Tis another Ron to get it right Ron!!! - How many rights do we need to get a wrong Ron ?? (or the other way around)

Happy Days , Guys
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8825 on: June 15, 2019, 08:05:37 PM »
Safe journey to John and Dot, September will soon be here for you both mate 🙂.
"I never touched him ref , honest!!!" 😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8826 on: June 16, 2019, 05:29:45 PM »
Who out there remember this part of my first posting for Arrilas Today??? - Dated August 2007 and still applies today !!!!

I have just been to Arillas and it is "Heaving". It's also Heaven, as we all know, but it was also "Heaving" today. I struggled to find a parking place.
3 pm in the afternoon and Brouklis still busy. Costas on the beach open.
negg

Twas heaving n Heaven so take whatever life offers you.....
Twas also my pleasure to sit and have a good ole chinwag with Ron n Sue. ( Off tonight DONCHERKNOW?? )
Our shared love of cats prompt me to put these little gems on.

I don't think they have budged all afternoon and with an outside temp of 31deg, at 5:30pm , who can blame 'em.????

Rubbish bins , around Kavaddades , have been emptied today. - ON A SUNDAY??? = people doing thier best.
As I have said before.... A full bin , one day , which can cause you grief and worry , can be an empy bin the next.
(Depends when you drive past them - The recycle centre is doing very well and hats off to all the volunteers there. Plus more hats off to all Pool complexes and Tavernas that are doing their bit. Tis not easy guys.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8827 on: June 17, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
Arillas Today sits with a 30 deg temp , at 5pm , and my fingers are melting as I make a grand effort to type away. Dribbles of sweat continue to find their way , between the keys on the board and I fear we may have to buy a new laptop tomorrow. But..... sacrifices have to be made and I will be asking for donations soon.
I think that today could be the first day of the 3 day "mistral breeze" that many Greeks tell us about. Wind came up, around 4 pm ish.
(not me -- the breeze)
anyway..... interesting to pay a visit tomorrow.
25 deg in the house and we continue to swing the cats. - Keeps them cool and a sort of "cool air" thing for us. Later we will treat all scratches incurred but, as I say , sacrifices have to be made.
Cheers
Negg

Offline ron

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8828 on: June 17, 2019, 05:58:13 PM »
Hence the saying......kool for cats
ron

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8829 on: June 17, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
Purrrrrrr fect answer!!! - and they are Greek cats.  Quite ofter they will scratch you avrio !! (or the next day)
Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8830 on: June 26, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »
Today we went to Agni Beach and had lunch in Taverna Agni. Had the most delicious seafood platter I have ever had.  We went by car but you can book online to get a boat from San Tefanos. 5 euros and they pick you up at 7 and return 10.45. Would highly recommend. 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8831 on: June 26, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »
Excellant , Sonia , and sounds perdy damm good to moi.- How are you both coping with the heat which at, 11:30pm , still hovers around 26deg.
( My punto is melting but the good news is , I maybe able to make some 2e coins  from the scrap metal)
 Agni is a super place to be and must be a gold star to add to your adventures.
Cheers Negg

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8832 on: June 28, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
Coping with the heat ok thanks to aircon. Having a fabulous time as usual.

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8833 on: June 29, 2019, 08:14:40 AM »

Hi Sonia

Good on you

Kev

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #8834 on: June 29, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
this time tomorrow we should be on the final approach to Corfu airport * Touching 30 degrees in sunny Berkshire so we're slowly getting used to the heat and hydrating on the hour, every hour.

* Subject to SleazyJet being on time!
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Booking.com