Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 1778313 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8850 on: July 07, 2019, 11:02:04 AM »
Thanks Eggy.

Sat at the airport which on a Sunday is a lot more bearable. The good news is that you can now check in your bags at checkin and dont  have to queue for them to be scanned. There is still not enough seats.  The cafe upstairs which could be accessed via checkin is still there but now you can only get into it once you have gone through security. 

Until next time Corfu.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8851 on: July 07, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
At least you guys are in the right frame of mind, for the airport , after your super relaxed Arillas week.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8852 on: July 07, 2019, 06:40:04 PM »
I am sitting here , at 18:30 , looking at an outside temp of 35 deg. - Air con gives us 25 deg in the house. I reckon that all you guys, out there, must think you are lottery winners to get your Arillas Summer break absolutely right.

Rumours tell me that there is a queue to get into the sea. - 5 minutes each and then to the back of the end of the queue for another 5 mins.
CAUTION !!! - Don't burn yer bits on the North Beach. - Could ruin a romantic Arillas evening!!

I dug spuds this morning and they are already boiled!!! and.... an idea how hot it is.... we have two tom cats who hate each other with a passion and only have to see each other for trouble to start. - Right now they are 6 inches apart , on an outside table, both with all legs in the air and cannot be bothered to cause any aggro.

And.......still puzzled as to why our "suoer duper weather machine"  says "RAIN"

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8853 on: July 12, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »
WOTDOIKNOW ?? - A cooler day with a very respectable temp of 29 deg at 7pm.

You can tell it's cooler when more people have lunch and places along the beach were busier at 1:30 pm.

(WOT?? - 29 deg and too cold for the beach??)

2 B fair - The beach was still busy. "Betty Swaddies" all around""

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8854 on: July 13, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »
"word on the street" says thunderstorms + heavy wind tonight. Batten down hatches and nail cats to the ground plus , of course , garden furniture.
(Although cats are more important)
Switch off all electrical appliances , except my pacemaker.- Why does Wegg say switch off my pacemaker. - Hmmmmmm!!

anyway .... enyoy the 28 deg at 4:30 pm whilst it is still on offer.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8855 on: July 14, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »
The weather forecast was correct. A fantastic storm which unfortunately meant no Greek dancing round the pool at The Rainbow but the dancers did an excellent job dancing in a smaller space inside & Got every one up dancing.
All quiet this morning round the pool, not surprising as those hardier drinkers were still up at 3am.
Karen
url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8856 on: July 14, 2019, 04:35:50 PM »
Karen n Colin
If drinking until 3am means a quiet brekkie for me, then I will take that all day (If an all day breakfast, that is)
and....as we are all alert, in the morning we can step over these bodies on our way to our table. We could always be nasty and wake some of em with a comment like ( "would you like a couple of fried eggs ?? - Just think of that runny yolk!!" )
Enjoy that 24 /26 deg you get today. - I like Rainbow, part of the family.
Cheers
Negg