Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020306 times)

Offline Scottishyannis

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8895 on: August 13, 2019, 03:46:54 PM »
Hi riggers and Mrs riggers l am in Arrilas on 25 sept so l think l will miss you l am going to Amsterdam for a weeks r and r !! Tell Mr Negg if he could get me 2 eggs it would be great!! Scottish Yannis

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8896 on: August 13, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »
Aaahhh , Scottich Yianis,
This 35deg at 4:30 pm is not only too hot for you, but too dangerous!!! - I can see you now , flapping yer kilt to keep cool. You'll get arrested!!
and... people will say "why does he want two eggs? - He already has them!"
and.... was that good planning by Riggers. Lil tinker that he is!! - WOTABOUTME?

Meanwhile , Kev n Bev enjoy this temp and sit around the pool with "not so young"  ,Billy. - Twas good to see them and bend their ears!!
(I am a master at earbending and cause many to lose the will to live!!)

Looking forward to Riggs and Karl (Truth) appearing soon. So many ears to bend , so little time!!

anyone else wanna take me on??

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8897 on: August 13, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
Just one week now mate..... my ear is always up for an alternative bashing ,,,, I get bored with the wifes 😂😂
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8898 on: August 13, 2019, 08:45:27 PM »
Have a great time Kev and Bev and please post lots. I know it is difficult with just one hand as other occupied drinking but please make the sacrifice for all us thirsty for news. 

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8899 on: August 14, 2019, 05:05:52 PM »

Hi
Went beach this morning Billy preferred the pool so we came about lunchtime
Got back to the Tria Billy was at home jumping in the pool he also has Burnt his shoulders so had to buy a cheap t-shirt for him
Last night we ate in the marina hotel first time the food was wonderful
The weather has been glorious
Oh Neil by the way bev liked your plums awaaah matron

1700hrs still busy
kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8900 on: August 14, 2019, 06:31:33 PM »
Doh.... bless her ... liking my plums. and I am not even wearing speedos!! - (Don't give her too much to drink... I hear she is a fan of "shorts")

That's a good pic of Tria , Kevin , from a different angle and does it justice.
I will catch yer both soon and If any more plums to pick they will be yours,
Meanwhile.... I have been on my darts delivery and pleased many guys , thanks to you , me boy! - Tis good to be home even with 27deg in the house and 32 deg outside which is threatenong to break in!! -"Keep away yer bugger!"

I am told there was a minor earthquake , this afternoon , but the ground never moved for me. can't remember the last time it did.

Cheers
Negg

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8901 on: August 15, 2019, 09:42:19 AM »

Hi

After Mr eggy’s plums yesterday today the locals are saying very strong winds today we will see what happens so it’s going to be a day around the

Kev

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8902 on: August 15, 2019, 11:07:26 AM »
I am guessing you mean around the pool, kev? Haha!

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8903 on: August 15, 2019, 05:11:28 PM »

Hi

Yes it should have said a day around the pool the wind must have blown the pool letters away haha

Hot day very windy
I went for walk behind the galini appts to Analipseos church taking photos I think it is part of the Arillas trail
The wind has got stronger at 1700hrs you can hear the doors banging and things flying off the tables

It is a Greek holiday today because
The Dormition of the Virgin Mary, or Assumption of the Virgin Mary, refers to the feast celebrating what is believed to be the miraculous transport of Mary, to Heaven after her death

Kevin

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8904 on: August 15, 2019, 07:40:52 PM »
Kevin , after that mouthful why don't we say it's a Bank Holiday!! - Greece haven't had one for a while??????

The wind is very welcome to us, at least more welcome than Kevins. I know that when he creates it he looks at the person next to him and says "Was that you?" Anyway, those who have endured such a heat ,for such a long time, it is so nice to sit back, in your Taverna chair, and watch your kevtedes end up on anther table- "Can I have my ball back, springs to mind"

This breezy weather has now found it's way to Kavadaddes and I have been busy, the last 30 mins ,staking down the sweetcorn , tommies and peppers. Tis 19:45 now so time to eat.

Still 27 deg in the house but hatches battened down and black n white Fritzie has just flown past the window. Ne'er mind he'll be back for food later

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8905 on: August 15, 2019, 08:34:16 PM »
Out of interest Eggy do you (or should I say Wendy!) tend to cook Greek style food at home or do you cook English dishes?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8906 on: August 16, 2019, 08:37:09 AM »
Wendy does a good bifteki and briam. Fried courgette and Kevtedes. - Sadly I do not eat many greek specials such as stifado , sofrito etc and the only fish I tend to enjoy are the sardines. Sometimes calamari. Not a great fan of salads and tomato rich dishes annoy my stomach.
I am a meat and chip man. Often wonder why we live here as I don't like sand and water is only for ouzo!! and the heat gets too much.
"Victor Meldrew" signing off with a 28deg start for Arillas today - Gonna have a bacon sarnie for breakfast!!
Cheers
Negg

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8907 on: August 16, 2019, 08:37:24 AM »

Hi

Woke up this morning with sun out no wind (laid off the baked beans haha) it is going to be a hot one today SORRY MR EGGY do not get dehydrated drink more haha
Neil have you seen John (riggers) yet I am not sure of the date he’s out here I know he is staying at the Kaloudis
There is a folk festival this Saturday on the village green food drinks and music we give it a go

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8908 on: August 16, 2019, 08:39:00 AM »
Kevin - Riggs is here , from Monday evening , I think. - Maybe we can all meet up?
Negg

Online kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8909 on: August 16, 2019, 03:23:54 PM »

Hi

Yes we will all meet up next week sometime we haven’t seen riggers and Sue a few years last time was I think was at the wine festival with Phil & Jen what a night brilllllll

It has been a wonderful day just around the pool the rays pounding down on me there is I light breeze this afternoon which was nice.
Yanni text Nic and Brett see it they want lamb spit roast on Sunday they will be here Sunday lunch time
Yanni is picking them up from the airport N&B are staying at the Dionyssos or as we all know it as the Rainbow 🌈 or the dart room🎯

Kev

Booking.com