Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020140 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9060 on: February 10, 2020, 11:11:24 AM »
I love seeing photos that show village life without visitors and the blue sky looks lovely. The beach looks good considering it is still winter.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9061 on: February 10, 2020, 01:01:47 PM »
Sadly I got there too late and missed it all. These "goings on" and I seem to be the last to know.
so.... as mustard is now a hot subject, at least not a sticky one, we can revert back to other "goings on".

A new build happening opposite Bardis Sun Appts. - Interesting and wonder if they will be ready for May?? - Not sure of the owners though.

and..... a large concrete base appearing just down from the new Mega Lithari Villas. Just wondering if they are planning an on-site Restaurant??
A pleasant 15 deg, with a tad of Sun , today. - Just right for an Ouzo , me-thinks!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9062 on: February 11, 2020, 05:50:57 PM »
My travels. this morning, courtesy of a Villa inspection, took me to a neighbour of Arillas, - Ag Yiorgos (St. George)

Sadly , I was there around 10am but , local , Ron , informed me that by 11:30 there were a few in the sea plus others taking in the 18 deg warm morning on offer. (twas a warm morning so Ron was right)
meanwhile....................Arillas today just sends a reminder, to her neighbour, that "" I got wot U got""

Nowt wrong with friendly competition. - and..... still 17 deg outside at 6pm. - Rain forecast for the weekend though. - Bummer!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9063 on: February 13, 2020, 01:11:07 PM »
Rain still on the cards , for the weekend, so we will make the most of an 18deg and fairly warm Thursday.
Negg

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9064 on: February 13, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »
18 degrees, could do with some of that

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9065 on: February 13, 2020, 05:03:11 PM »
Gary
Has been a super afternoon, with many good pals. (UK, Greek, German, Belgium)  - WOTANICEDAY!!!
nEGG

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9066 on: February 13, 2020, 07:00:47 PM »
Forgot the Swiss guy who I beat for an Ouzo. ----- Darts of course.
I am a coiled spring...... or maybe a rope that some want around my neck.
DOOONOTGIVEAMONKEYS!!! - Me is me and others tolerate/enjoy/ as I tolerate//enjoy them. Good company worth it's weight in gold.
(as King Midas said when he had his teeth dun)
Cheers
Negg

Offline ron

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9067 on: February 13, 2020, 07:58:52 PM »
Negg
Your opinions and views are always welcome at our table,BUT in male company do not  mention the B word.(you know what i mean)
R & A.
ron

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9068 on: February 15, 2020, 11:36:50 AM »
Will τι κρίμα be OK instead?

Noisy thunder with spectacular lightening yesterday , late evening , at Kavadaddes. .... and some rain, of course , which leaves a damp morning but tis 13deg and on the way up.

Spotted these, early morning, on our side bank, and a coincidence that Kevin recently mentioned them on his "Garden Post"

Photo doesn't really do them justice and , maybe, I should have waited, a tad longer, for the sun to move over them.
cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9069 on: February 25, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »
Arillas Today ... and see what we have to put up with !!!!!

What's wrong with the cold weather or rain which gives me the reason to throw a few darts??? - Very inconsiderate , this weather!

Why is nobody using this super duper throwing area at "Beach Kostas" ?? - Just sit in the Sun , Y-DONCHA-YER??

I have to confess that the vibes beat the arrows today.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9070 on: February 25, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »

Hi Neil

I am so sorry for you you better have a ouzo Nono a LARGE OUZO a day after that you might need another one to follow you don’t need another day like that🙏 haha 🤣 😂

Don’t you enjoy your self to much

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9071 on: February 25, 2020, 06:34:56 PM »
Kevin - Not drinking much , at the mo. - At my age I'm spilling most of it!!!
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9072 on: February 26, 2020, 07:01:56 PM »

Hi

Can I behind you with a sponge Neil wast not want not 🧽🥃haha

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9073 on: February 29, 2020, 04:37:34 PM »
Arillas today?? and . also to answer Kevin's question about the changes to the weather.
We start with 10 deg , outside , at 8.am. We finish with a dry sunny 18deg at 5pm.  but.... yesterday twas a cold day and with what was a very fierce wind, plus heavy rain ,which changed the beach , from those recent pics , to a beach which would bite yer leg off. - (Waves angrier than Boris Johnson's hair!!)
(I wanted pics but had dud batteries in the camera,,,big shame)

The days change and, although we are treated well we do get that rain which affects what work we want to do outside,
Pulling weeds etc and waiting for the soil to be dry enough was spoilt by yesterdays outburst. So now, any weeds this morning have half a ton of earth attached to them. - But... we do well here.
Twill get warmer , me-thinks by middle March. - Right now ... we take what nature throws at us and work around what she has in store..
It is still a good place to be and there is always avrio for work to be done
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9074 on: March 14, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »
Well Guys, we kick the day off with a warm 19 deg and are already planning what to do over the next week, or so. Plenty of jobs around the house and garden will be completed, me-thinks!! The next 3/4 days should be around the same temps.
A bit of an eye opener, this morning, for Wegg , who pops to Sidari early for our weekly shop. Although no "panic buying" , in evidence, it brings everything into perspective when cashiers and staff are wearing gloves and masks. Never thought we would see that , in our lifetime.
So..... just hoping the D.I.Y shops are open and I can stock up with paints etc etc. - A tad different from my usual darting afternoon.
(Ouzo at home is not the same ... but a good way to keep up that necessary water intake)
I will keep y'all updated.
Stay well
Negg

Booking.com