Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021619 times)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 12:35:30 PM »
I should imagine the main road into Arillas is a nightmare if there is a lot of traffic up and down, especially near the coconut bar.  It is bad enough in June so god knows what its like now!!

Glad im not there now!!  No thinking about it i would still sooner be there than stuck here at work. ;)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
When I was there last week it was very busy on the beach but I didn't notice the restaurants being that much busier at lunchtime or evening. I wonder where all the Italians go at night!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 05:53:19 PM »
Perhaps they dont stay in Arillas, they might stay in another resort with predominantly Italian hotels.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »
When we have been up to Roda for the day there seems to be alot of Italitans there.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 12:57:16 AM »
My daughter speaks Italian and when we went to Elafonisos on Crete a few years ago an Italian family plonked themselves behind us (pretty close it was) and were fairly loud.  She understood everything they said and they were having a "good debate", which she proceeded to translate to us... I dont think they realised it.  Very amusing!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 10:52:02 AM »
The same happened to us when we were in Rhodes several years ago, we were on the beach and a large family plonked themselves near us.  They dont seem to care that they are invading your space and they literally took over.  In the end we got up and moved away. 

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 11:55:22 AM »
I myself have never understood this either, whenever i go to a beach and theres tons of room around, ill set down all my stuff and then half hour later a family will come and plonk theirselves right near us, argh so aggravating, especially when theres loads of space to choose from!

Thats why when i see the pictures of Brighton beach or Bournemouth etc in the newspaper when its been a really hot weekend, and the beach is sooo crowded, people practically lying on top of each other (oo-er!) that is my worst nightmare, how is that meant to be fun or relaxing!!

But i must say in Arillas ive never had this problem, seems people like their own space as much as i do.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »
That advert on tv comes to mind  - crowded beach, new person strips off and everyone expect them to be white.  I think it is a Boots advert!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 12:13:45 PM »
Yeah i know the one you mean, that much of a crowded beach is my worst nightmare!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 12:18:17 PM »
We were in Brighton the other day and people were on the beach obviously.  There is absolutely no way on earth that I would go in that water... It was brown, probably churned up sand but it was rough and horrible.  They have gone "posh" though.  Its about time someone came up with the idea of having white plastic sunbeds on the pebbles.  £3.50 a day worth it not to have to sit on that beach.  I hate Brighton though, nasty, tacky atmosphere but its our nearest coast being 1/2 hr away.

Guess where I would rather be?

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
No haven't got a clue where would you rather be haha!! ;)  me too!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 12:24:27 PM »
The sea is horrible here isnt it, im sure its nice and clear on some of the coast in England, Cornwall for example, but other places its just minging!

The sea in Arillas is just lovely, so clear and inviting!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »
Saturday 11th Aug.
3 pm this afternoon, on the balcony, and felt a few small spots of rain. A few clouds above. Quickly rushed to cover up some bags of cement.
And then................................................ nothing!!!
7 pm - Now currently 29 deg outside. - What's that all about??
( Greek clouds maybe - Shall we rain now ? - Nah! lets do it tomorrow )

Arillas not as busy as the beginning of the week but still busy.
Everybody busy - I think all Taverna owners are glad there's only one August each year.
Happy faces all round.
Negg

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »
Huh! Spent this afternoon removing a pillar built in the wrong place and in and out of the digger. I was absolutly soaked as it rained here all day. Oh to be in Arillas, well maybe just outside it!
                                            Ivan

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 09:35:25 PM »
Just had a few showers here.
Lindypops.

Booking.com