Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3024256 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2007, 06:22:22 PM »
This afternoon, apart from 3/4 brave souls walking and one couple on beds, Arillas beach was deserted. A very windy afternoon.A bit chilly even but still nice.

Met James W and wife Joy for drinks in Coconut but we discreetly vanished when the Scotland v Lithuania match started. I'm sure nobody wanted us rabbiting away during a very serious game. And quite rightly so!

I think we squeezed 23 deg out of the thermometer this afternoon.

Maggie - Bring a jumper and a pair of warm slacks just in case. Put the odds in your favour. Bring it and don't need it and you're on a winner!

Lindy P. - Maybe it wasn't a tractor. I always close my eyes when overtaking!
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2007, 08:08:34 PM »
Eggy, yes I realised! I always put my foot on an imaginary break. heheh. First thing I did when I got in the house Eggy, was put a fleece on! Can you believe? We`ve had a bit of precipitation today, not bad though, there`s been rugger and footy on today. I had a message from Erja and Heidi. 5degrees in Finland! Take care. Oh yes, did Wendy find out if those fruits we saw were apples or poms?
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2007, 06:25:42 PM »
Lindy P said:-
We`ve had a bit of precipitation today
Another word I have to look up - This is a family forum you know.

Don't know about Arillas today as never got there. But, if it was like Kavvadades then a very good day it was to. 18 deg at 9.30 am moving up to 22 deg approx. No wind but a little cloudy at times this morning. I'd be a happy man if this was the first day of my hols !!
As it was I'm painting railings! - Boring, oh so boring. Any qualified painters coming out next week who want to earn 8 euros an hour??? - Plus drinks of course.
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2007, 10:10:28 PM »
Bless you! At last, you`re finally painting the railings. Job well done!?! Linda told me there`d been some rain. First since Spring. I think she was a bit relieved, what with working etc. Can I qualify within 1 week!!
Lindypops.

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
The forecast looks warm again for next week....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »
Gorgeous afternoon - Calm sea with just a very,very mild breeze. A quiet Arillas what with todays changeovers but, I think, a good day for all early Monday arrivals.
Temp hovering about the 27's.
Met Maggie & Carol very briefly taking advantage of their first great day.
As Sandy says - Forecast warm for the week
( Painting railings may have to wait a while )
Negg

Offline H-Clarke

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2007, 07:35:32 PM »
hi eggy sounds like you have a lovely day in arillas today,hope it s going to stay like that for the next few weeks my wife and i arrive tomorrow night about 12 just cant wait ..... hope to meet you !!

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
It`s different here Eggy. Iv`e got me socks on! Sounds like you`re having fun, as per,lol. Ican`t get himself to get the paintbrush working here either!
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »
Arillas today starts pretty well like Arillas yesterday.
A chilly morning with "dat 'ole temp" trying it's best to get up around 18 deg before we get to 9:30 am. Not much of a breeze, yet. this morning though.
Yesterday afternoon did hit around 26/27 but not many people took advantage of the beach as, once again, sandblasting was the name of the game. The sea was a little choppy to say the least.  A few "die hards" braving it out on sunbeds. I think they were very lucky to catch one in that wind. Generally though,another day to take advantage of the inland pools away from the draughts and enjoying the heat on offer.
A cool yesterday evening but not to cold to sit outside and enjoy good food with good company.
A lot of local "Arillians" noticing the drop in evening temperatures now. Noufris at Brouklis modelling a very nice sleeveless jumper in maroon but Nick still looking Mister Cool in his open neck white shirt. Dimitris has been spotted more than once in his very nice zip up cardie. Zip up Cardie?? - Probably cost more than my wardrobe.
( In the last 20 mins the temp has gone up 1.5 deg ) - Watch this space.
Negg.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »
Its a lovely Autumn morning here in Warwickshire Eggy, sunny with the temp at 13 C as I drove to work. Just one small patch of mist on the M40.

Just the day when I wish I could stay at home and gets some outside jobs done, but unfortunately I am stuck in an office all day.

I wish I was in Arillas though, wind or no wind, as it must be lovely weather now for some good walks.

Finished those railings yet?

TerryW

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »
Beautiful autumn morning here in London as well! Scenery is not as nice as in Arillas, but I will have to make do :)

Good job with railings!
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »
Ah the railings !! - I have just had another look at them and, mentally, they are now finished. Physically, they haven't been touched for a few days. - 1.30 pm and a breeze on the increase. - Too windy now so maybe tomorrow??
It would be quicker if I just removed them but then what could I lean on, in the evening, after a few ouzos?
Confuscious say - "Better to lean on an unpainted railing than be be face first in the vegetable plot !!"
( Maybe I'll just beam a few of you forum over complete with brushes )
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2007, 01:50:10 PM »
Just get "beaming" eggy. We are ready and waiting with paint brushes and jars of pickled onions in our hands.

PS why don't you just get wegg to do the painting?

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »
Just get "beaming" eggy. We are ready and waiting with paint brushes and jars of pickled onions in our hands.

PS why don't you just get wegg to do the painting?

ooh terry that's a very brave remark, i take it wegg is wendy?   

Negg agree, you need the railings for the ouzo and there is nothing wrong with mental painting, i'm standing still waiting to be beamed up, maybe wait though coz there is only 3 days to go, xx

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
I think Mrs Egg will reprimand soon, as the railings could soon develop metal fatigue!
Lindypops.

Booking.com