Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3079205 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #690 on: January 14, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »
A very wet and windy last 24 hours which hopefully has now settled down for a while.
We found a breezy Arillas this morning but not too cold to take in the beach, which seems , once again to have re-shaped itself during the bad weather.

I think it was Sandy who said she always left her brolly on the beach for someone else to use if required.
Well Sandy, we've found yer brolly and think it may be time to invest in a new one.

It must be the first time we've stood back and admired the rock formations at the "naturist end",so a couple of photos for your thoughts.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #691 on: January 14, 2008, 02:39:46 PM »
Looks a lovely day there.
Lindypops.

riggers

« Reply #692 on: January 14, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »
Never been down that end of the beach.It looks great.!!
Great pictures Eggy..

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #693 on: January 14, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
The blue sky along with the cliff face, the beach and the sea look great Eggy. I could get quite excited looking at that.

Maybe tomorrow, Wegg could take a photograph of you in the sea?

BTW, I'm not bringing pickled onions now, I thought pickled gherkins would be better due their shape.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #694 on: January 14, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »
Terry
I hardly get my feet wet in the summer let alone this time of year. Bring some gherkins with you. Could be a new evening act for the Coconut!

Lindy
This morning was windy. ( I love bits that rhyme )

Riggers
It is a lovely part of the beach and certainly needs a visit or two.

This morning, although breezy, was a great place to be. Some areas we photo'd though show that the cliff face took a bit of a punishing last night. Maybe we'll put a couple on tomorow.Don't wanna be scaremongers though. There's still plenty of beach there and I think very safe in the summer.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #695 on: January 14, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
LOL Eggy....never bought the brolly in the first place. A Danish couple donated it to me when they left. I love the photo of that little inlet. Some years that has been constantly filled with water as you wade through. But it's all looking good so far but I think there can be some very high spring tides some times. Is there any sign so far of all that rubbish at that end of the beach this year?
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #696 on: January 15, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
Sandy
Not very much rubbish at all at the moment. I think the bad weather we've had has bought the sea right upto the rocks and a most of it has been "removed"

But, taking the rough with the smooth, there has been a few rock/clay slides.

But, this time of year I think the incoming tides will also break down a lot of that and take it away.
( Even "your brolly" could be gone by May. )

A lovely day here, around the forecast 13 deg ,and sunny.

You all will be pleased to know that we took Pug shopping in Corfu Town and, on our return, negotiated the Troumpetta bends sucessfully, whilst waving 2 finger hand signals at that last little wall !
( Not really. Truth is if I had been going any slower I would have been in reverse. )

Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #697 on: January 15, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
Hi
Thanks for the wonderful pics of the erosion of the cliffs, Wegg & Negg.  A picture says more than a thousand words.
It makes me wonder how the track over the cliffs is faring.  When I walked it in 2007 it was clear that not much would be required for great chunks to fall down onto the beach below.
Glad the pug is up and running again - your motoring experiences in Corfu will make you very cautious every time you get to those hairpin bends at Troumpetta.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #698 on: January 15, 2008, 08:23:30 PM »
Eggy I'd love to have a go at those "loose" lumps with a hammer and bolster !
Dunno why it's just very satisfying like peeling off big pieces of sunburnt skin !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #699 on: January 15, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
That would also be very therapeutic thing to do whilst cursing old boyfriends ;)
Life is good ;)

riggers

« Reply #700 on: January 15, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »
What worries me is what is right at the top waiting to fall. Can't wait to see whats going on up there this year.

Riggers..

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #701 on: January 15, 2008, 11:57:09 PM »
Hi riggers!

Agree totally - can't wait to see what is happening. I know we've heard loads of talk about the risk of a fall in the past. Particularly at the "far end" if you know what I mean.

After a few Mythos on the way down from Christos, Annas, Coconut etc I usually have a "couldn't care less" attitude but that may be a bit daft.

I can think of worse places to be crushed by rocks...

best wishes
phil

riggers

« Reply #702 on: January 16, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »
Yes Phil and Jen.
It is worrying when you are up above the cliffs, but i'm sure it must be safe(hope so).
Maybe we can get supplied with Hard Hats for when we sunbathe. ha ha

Riggers

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #703 on: January 16, 2008, 12:23:48 AM »
ha ha!

riggers, you don't want to look at me in nothing but a hard-hat!

lol
phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #704 on: January 16, 2008, 12:38:30 AM »
What made me smile was the small pegs banged into the ground at the side of the cliff path , as a safety barrier/warning.. The path will be getting smaller and smaller, we might have to walk in single file..at least they have the lampposts on the cliff walk now.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com