Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3021251 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #750 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:22 PM »
thanks for the pictures eggy, they really cheer me up! noticed you mentioned the akti arillas having a pool put in? are they having anything else done? we're due to stay in june, are we going to be surrounded by building works??? any news i would be grateful
thanks , ger

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #751 on: January 21, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
Just a quick reply to Patrickjohn who said "We're up to 92mm of rain so far this month......."

Well - y'all - we are up to 155mm here in Kavvadades this month (98mm of which fell in one 30 hour period) which follows 132mm in December, 195mm in November and 198mm in October.  When it rains it certainly rains and is maybe why the island remains so green through the summer.  The difference is when it isn't raining we have clear blue skies as can be seen from the photos we post, but the ground is certainly pretty soggy!

Mrs Egg (who is not in the garden digging because it is too wet!)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #752 on: January 21, 2008, 07:14:11 PM »
ill post you a mac and wellies from my building site eggy ....yammas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #753 on: January 21, 2008, 07:35:07 PM »
ill post you a mac and wellies from my building site eggy ....yammas

Kevin - I could get arrested wearing them especially if I walk around the local park in Corfu Town,

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »
akti arillas having a pool put in? are they having anything else done? we're due to stay in june, are we going to be surrounded by building works???

Ger
I think I don't have to stick my neck out very far to say the pool will be finished for May and I haven't been told of any other plans there.
You certainly won't be surrounded by building works as the Malibu, opposite will have it's extension done by then. And the Armourada, alongside Akti, are happy as they are.
I will keep the preverbial eye on it and when work is under way will hopefully get a couple of photos.
Cheers
Negg

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #755 on: January 22, 2008, 12:49:45 PM »
thanks very much for the inside information!
looking forward to our visit in june, with or without the builders! as long as no one messes with the beach

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #756 on: January 22, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »
Eggy, you`d look very fetching, and might start a trend.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #757 on: January 22, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »
I've just come back from Arillas and this good weather we're having is bringing people out of their houses. It's only around 14 deg but warm and quite a few people taking advantage of the beach. Plus a couple of benches taken advantage of.

Work continues at the Marina and I don't think it will be long before the roof goes on.
There have been a lot more materials delivered so the pool may not be that far away.

There's been a little excavation work in the "Akti Car park"  so things seem to be moving on there.

Had a long chat with George, Yiorgos at Malibu, who tells me his new raised seating area will be designed as an open top pergola area. Sounds good. Privacy from the road but still have the ole sun shining down on you.

Didn't get a picture of Horizon - Sorry Terry - There was some activity there and it looks like they are re-vamping the inside. Try again tomorrow.

These updates make me feel like a secret agent. ( 00-uzo1 maybe.)
( Stirred but not shaken, cause if you shake it you may spill some! )

However , Terry .............. You can see that your hire car preparation is under way.
I told them not to bother too much about the wheels as you may only want to practice in it.!!

And.... For Wendy and Stu. The veiw from EYTYXIA ( Eftihia )
Who cares how it's spelt?

Not a bad view to accompany an evening meal

(Wegg looked at the photo and said " Why all the greenery? ")
("Cause you weren't there to take the picture" says I.)

Photos a bit hit n miss with me.

Cheers All
Negg

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #758 on: January 22, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »
Hi Negg

Thanks for the update, love the photo taken from Eftihia.  Keep up the good work.

Amanda

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #759 on: January 22, 2008, 02:56:18 PM »
Thanks Eggy, I have always wanted to go to Efithia for a meal, as its so quiet at that end.  A perfect place for a meal.  We attempted to twice, walked in but no one took any notice of us so we thought they werent open, so we just walked again.  We always thought it would be a lovely place for a meal.  Lets hope we can actually try it out this year!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #760 on: January 22, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »
We were like blondegirl, and nearly went to Efithia last year. I read a review about it on the forum, but when we got there it didn't seem to be open. We will try it this year.

Eggy, thanks for the car pic, its wheely nice. Was it owned by a bunny girl?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #761 on: January 22, 2008, 05:51:28 PM »
Eggy, thanks for the car pic, its wheely nice. Was it owned by a bunny girl?

Terry
Hire it for 7 days and they chuck in the fluffy tail and costume f.o.c.
Negg

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2008, 07:01:28 PM »
I think the greenery makes the picture - keep up the good work it is very much appreciated.

riggers

« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »
Great pitures again Eggy.
I thought you were just letting Terry's hire car tyres down.
Not removing them. lol.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2008, 07:23:47 PM »
Hi Everyone
Eggy - noted your comments on amount of rain - the winter months rainfall certainly must be what keeps everything so green for the rest of the year.  Your winter average rainfall seems to be about four times what we get in Lincolnshire (about 55mm).  However we are now up to 124 mm for January which is the wettest January I've recorded in 15 years here.
Sounds as though, in Arillas, its a case of 'after the rain the sun', and would just love to join all those down on the beach today.
Thanks for all the pics.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com