Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3024346 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1065 on: March 03, 2008, 05:51:40 PM »
fantastic photos..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1066 on: March 03, 2008, 06:04:53 PM »
I'm going to have to ask Dimitris how he copies these pictures across under this file which you click on to enlarge. ( Think I maybe using the wrong prog )

Meanwhile my smalll contribution for today.
We had our 2 monthly telephone bill on Friday, We get it here every 2 months, so I can moan about it 6 times a year not 4, as in England.
Anyway, thought I'd pop to Avliotes, this morning, to pay it. Took the long way round and first stop Arillas.

What a lovely morning, yet again.

Then through Agious Stephanos, to Avliotes, over the hills. The views help me prepare myself physically and mentally for the chore of parting with cash.

From Avliotes to Sidari where the beach is also looking good. This is the Canal D'Amour end, as I call it.

At this point I was tempted for an English Breakfast at "Baze" but, as I'd been gone for nearly 2 hours decided against it.

Anyway,I had a garden to strim & to prove I have done some work today, here's me.

You may be able to see that I am deep in concentration trying to work out which end, of the super duper petrol strimmer, I hold on to.

Temps touched about 22 deg in the shade today. It felt like 26 deg in the sun to me.
However I'm told we could be in for a wet Weds/Thurs so it's make the most of Tue.
Must sort these photos out.
Cheers
Negg

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1067 on: March 03, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
More excellent photographs Eggy.

I still think that you need a webcam at home. We could sit at work and watch you work at home. Now that would be good.

I know what you mean about Dimitris's photographs, but I think that if we all posted photos like that, the server would soon get overloaded.

TerryW

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1068 on: March 03, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »
I still think that you need a webcam at home. We could sit at work and watch you work at home. Now that would be good.

Yes indeed! It would be like a one man and his soap opera :) Excellent idea TerryW!
Life is good ;)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1069 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
Excellent photos Eggy it looks absolutely lovely.  Keep up the good work.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #1070 on: March 04, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »
Eggy,  is that you or the Gardener

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1071 on: March 04, 2008, 02:46:46 PM »
Its looking good Eggy... keep at it! 

You can come and cut ours if you you like, but somehow I dont think we can tempt you back to the UK can we?

Offline jennyandchris

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #1072 on: March 04, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
Just a quick test ....

It's me (Dimitris) checking I think I fixed it can you please confirm?

Sorry about the inconvenience!!
that must have been a forgotten configuration!!

Thanks so much, Dimitris. I can see what I have been missing! What is it about a sunset, especially an "over the sea" sunset in Arillas that stikes such a cord?
Please keep them coming ( I am beginning to wonder if I am developing an addiction!)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1073 on: March 04, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »
Terry - Home Webcam ? - You'll be wanting sound with it next!
( Would have been edited yesterday when I slipped and slid down the steep part of the grass bank - Twice ! )

John - That answers your question.-(But a proper gardener would get it done quicker)

Sue - Nothing's tempting us to come home yet. But strangely enough, the other day, I had a yearning for Jelly Beans and Jelly Babies. Can't get them here. ( Hint,Hint,)

Arillas had a bit of a breeze this afternoon and the weathers been a bit hit n miss most of the day. I clicked a pic because I thought the waves were a lot more dramatic than yesterday but, on looking at it again, can't tell  the difference.

Shame - doesn't do the day justice really.

They've now fitted the door openings for the "Marina Lift" to all floors so, I reckon, finished in two weeks. Maybe then they start on that pool.

Took a drive to St George where it was blowing a small gale.

Quite cold and some serious rain clouds above.
Started to rain on the way home, felt very chilly, but now the suns out and it's 18deg.
I never did understand the moods of the weather. Rain still forecast though.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1074 on: March 04, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »
Ni Negg

Once again your photos make us realise exactly what we are missing, keep em coming it makes me feel better just seeing Arillas beach.

Amanda

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1075 on: March 05, 2008, 07:52:18 PM »

Sue - Nothing's tempting us to come home yet. But strangely enough, the other day, I had a yearning for Jelly Beans and Jelly Babies. Can't get them here. ( Hint,Hint,)

Hint taken...can you hang on till the end of May? ;)

Sue

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #1076 on: March 06, 2008, 05:37:03 AM »
Whan you say Jelly beans can it be any or does it have to be the real American ones? there is a lot of differents sometimes. Jelly Baby's yummy Dont know if it means anything about me but I love to bite the heads of first, where as some people will eat the legs first and some just gobble the lot at once. We sell them in big bags and I think I might have some when I get to work later today. Wicked aint I, dont worry we will bring some with us. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1077 on: March 06, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »
Sue & Viv
Any type of Jelly bean or Jelly Baby is OK by me. I just get these pangs very occassionally. - If Wegg finds out then I'm in trouble.

Spotted some local beefsteak on the way to Arillas today, Brave intrepid Wegg voluntered to go and take the pic. I kept the engine running just in case.

I think I ate a chunk of her sister at Mon Amour last night.
She did me me some dirty looks

We're enjoying around 23/24 deg today and the forecasted rain hasn't happened so a bit more gardening this afternoon is in order.

But we could have cheerfully spent an other hour at Arillas. Should have taken sarnies and a flask of Retsina.
Negg & Wegg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1078 on: March 06, 2008, 02:17:49 PM »
That has got to be the FIRST cow I have ever seen in Greece... I have seen lots of goats but never cows.

Now you have let everyone know you have a pash for jelly beans and babies you will be inundated..  in september if your stash runs low I will bring some out for you!

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1079 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
i will bring you some when i come out. :)

Booking.com