Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3022364 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1095 on: March 10, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
Terry
Good website and tells it very much better that I can.

Poor ole sky box has breathed it's last but have got Mathraki Akis, technical genius of Arillas, to order me one that will not need to be registered with Sky but will receive all the channels we have subcribed to.

Anyone want any more pics from the TV of the Carnivals/Parties that have been happening all around Greece? "Pimpsey" to sit in front of a TV and press a button.

Negg

riggers

« Reply #1096 on: March 10, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »
Great Photos Eggy.
Nice to see some Activity going in Arillas, and around the Island. Think i might just have one to celebrate the carnival too.

riggers...

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #1097 on: March 10, 2008, 09:43:36 PM »
Eggy, just had a look at the fantastic photo's and roared with laughter at my sunbed one, please make sure nobody pinches it before I get there and could you vanish it for me while your down there next time, lol. Showed Pete and sya's what with finding my flipflop earlier on and now my sunbed, can you please find him an empty house that he dosent have to pay for. Thanks for sending all the pic's I love looking at them. See you and Wendy soon. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1098 on: March 11, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »
Negg great report and photos, those night time ones were ace, and loved Vivs sunbed, her feet might dangle just a little bit!

Sharon x

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1099 on: March 11, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
 Brilliant photos and info Negg, please keep them coming
                                  Ivan

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1100 on: March 12, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »
I would be more concerned about the splinters Viv!  It would probably need a good sanding before the varnish goes on especially if its on the nudie beach.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1101 on: March 12, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
So I've landed yet another carpentry job. Sanding down and staining to, maybe a light oak colour, so from a distance it could look like you're floating on air Viv.
I could make some little steps so Wegg can use it as well.

New Advertising slogan.
" Have a ball on Arillas Beach this year ! "

I can hear al those groans as I type - Sorry, couldn't resist it.
( I got my feet wet rescuing that ball as well )

Weather's being very kind to us today with a sunny 18 to 22 deg depending whether you're in the shade or not. Quite a breeze on the beach though but painless.

Hotel Akti pool is ongoing at a rate of knots as is the Marina lift. Horizon has now opened it's doors for evening and lunchtime drinks. Good news for us that are here.

Finally, don't forget the sacrifices Wegg and I have made for this new webcam.
Akis was supposed to be sorting out a new sky box for us and that's taken a bit of a back seat now. - Missing racing from Cheltenham this week! - Priorities I suppose.
Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #1102 on: March 12, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
Thanks for the Report and pics Eggy. There was no Groans from me , Honestly.
I think Cheltenham is cancelled today due to the weather. May be wrong.

riggers..

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1103 on: March 12, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »

Thanks Eggy keep 'em coming. ;)

Yep, racing at Cheltenham cancelled for the second day running due to weather, so you're not missing anything!

Sue

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1104 on: March 12, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
Racing Cancelled ? - Still time to lose some cash when it's re-scheduled then?
Negg

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1105 on: March 12, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »

Here you go Negg:  'The forecast for Thursday and Friday is much calmer and the races abandoned today will be re-scheduled to be run on Thursday and Friday on extended cards, with a first race time of 1230pm.'

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1106 on: March 13, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
Peckedhen
Still no sky here so Cheltenham will have to wait another year.
Grand National here soon though. - Need to find someone with BBC1.

Vivian
We went to Arillas today armed with an electric sander plus a very long extension lead and wood varnish but someone's pinched yer sunbed! Obviously the Local Mayor, worried that it could become a trend, and everybody will want one.
( That would play havoc with the rentals )

Amazing though what you find on the beach.

Now I know it's not yours and I know it's not Sandys or Joyces. A t-shirt on the beach to all of you is the same as a budget increase on alcohol.
( Totally unnecessary and an extra we certainly don't need )
So that maybe leaves Riggers or Terry W. It's certainly not mine and I wouldn't want to own two of them anyway!

So - Whose on holiday here this year or who recognises it?

Only taken from the side as further up there was a mutt of an animal who seemed to want to "go for the throat".
Looks to me like a lot of care has been taken with the grounds here. Very impressed.

Activity at the "Rainbow" today with a Jimmy and Spiros "Spruce up" It's all beginning to come alive here folks.

Beach looks as good as ever.

I have to say that, when we were there today, and Wegg did her brisk/fast walk along the beach, she left me to have a leisurely stroll around. Stood,standing as yer do, listening to nothing but the sound of the sea, I had this guilty pang.
It will be very hard to share all this with everybody from May? I guess I'm not totally Greek yet, as Corfiots, especially Arillas ones are noted for their sharing/hospitality.

Helens Creperie was open today with customers and there was someone taking a swim. It may well be 18/20 deg but "Brave Lady" is all I'm saying.
I reckon, about a weeks time and another photo of "Akti Pool" will be in order.
Take Care y'all
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #1107 on: March 13, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »
Good post Eggy....I can almost feel the place waking up after the winter. Say hi to those Rainbow boys for me but I'll save the kisses till I see them!
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1108 on: March 13, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
Good post Eggy....I can almost feel the place waking up after the winter. Say hi to those Rainbow boys for me but I'll save the kisses till I see them!

Sandy
I think Wegg would have passed them on.
Negg

riggers

« Reply #1109 on: March 13, 2008, 05:37:46 PM »
It's not my Tshirt Eggy, must be Terrys.

Great photos of Kaloudis and Beach. I'm sure the mutt( Fibo) wouldn't bite you.

riggers.

Booking.com