Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020306 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1425 on: May 30, 2008, 02:51:14 AM »
I know what you mean about "virtual friends" Phil....I always find it amazing that we chat on here like old buddies with people we have never even met.....all because of a mutual love of Arillas.....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1426 on: May 30, 2008, 03:13:42 AM »
Hi Sandy

Know exactly what you mean. It is a strange and beautiful place. If we'd met in Brouklis or the Coconut we'd be "real." Jen and me might be little tinkers, but we are real Arillas Addicts, drunk or sober. We wear our T Shirts with pride.

All the best
justphil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1427 on: May 30, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »
Virtual friends, yes I also associate with that, Phil.  I'm glad you called it sane - I often feel slightly mad!
lynn x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1428 on: May 30, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »
i know exactly how you feel phil and jen, i go home from work (i am lucky enough to be able to log into arillas whenever i feel like it!) so over our evening meal martin will say, so how was arillas today? so we then have a discussion about who was on the forum what the weather was like etc i am sure most of our friends think we are mad, our sons certainly do!!!!
ger x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1429 on: May 30, 2008, 12:33:04 PM »
Mike and I do the same.  I am always relating what is going on.  He looks forward to hearing the news even though he doesnt log on here himself.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1430 on: May 30, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »
That's how Colin was, BG, but then he thought he might be missing out!
lynn x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1431 on: May 30, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
thats how justjen was justlynn. One night I was laughing at chatroom posts, when she decided she just had to have her own place on here. I think she got Dimitris out of bed sorting out the email and other bits! (Thanks Dimitris for putting up with us....)

It was the night John the Ref suggested she take more water with it... She has forgiven him though!!

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #1432 on: May 30, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »
Nothing wrong with a drop of water Phil.
Only a drop though Dot tells me.
Has Jen cut down on the drink now she has to do her own typing. lol

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #1433 on: May 30, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »
Hi Arillas Addicts! Just returned from our 3rd visit. The best yet thanks to the way Anna looked after us at her studios. We were welcomed as if we were part of her wonderful family and had a truly relaxing holiday- walking, eating- thanks Dimitrus for fantasic food and ambience - the diet starts again this week- swimming although still a bit chilly in the sea for me. We hired a car for a day toured round some old haunts and discovered some new ones, the views from the mountains are spectacular, but we drove back into Arillas in the evening and came to the conclusion that it is the best place on the island.
The only thing that marred our holiday slightly was the 8 hour delay at Corfu airport on the way home. However we were quite well looked after, taken to a restaurant for a meal and kept informed about what was going on. We met even more lovely people and everyone remained calm and well mannered in the face of adversity, no swearing or loud compliants. A testament to the kind of people who holiday in Arillas and indeed the Brits in general so Brits abroad are not all bad as some would have us think.
Can't wait to visit Arillas again but will probably have to wait till this time next next year. In the meantime the forum, pictures and views of the sunset will keep us going.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1434 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »
lovely report jean.

We can all imagine what it was like to have 8 hours delay at Kerkyra airport. Not exactly the best in the world.... But as Jen just said to me - at least you could smoke! (important to us...)

We already know Anna would give you an amazing welcome. And it is real, not just "Customer Service." We are staying there in July, and when booked, probably all of September (if any rooms left...)

Not surprised you 
came to the conclusion that it is the best place on the island.
IT IS!

And like Galstonbury (see ger's post on that and my reply) the Brits always get a bad press. Sadly some believe it is true. But as you saw - it ISN'T

best wishes
Phil

riggers

« Reply #1435 on: May 30, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »
Thanks for the report Jean. Sorry to hear about the delay though. We had one last year for 3 hours but we had gone through passport control so we missed out on the meal. So i bought 6 small cans of Amstel out of the fridge in Duty Free, then i sat there quite happy.  :D 

riggers..........

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #1436 on: May 30, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »
It is a state of mind isn't it? You deal with it in the best way for you. and don't let it spoil the holiday. Your way sounds good! Shame about the people at the Manchester end though. They missed a day in Arillas!

riggers

« Reply #1437 on: May 30, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
It was Manchester for us too.......................

riggers........

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1438 on: May 30, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
hi riggers you "tinker"

only 6 cans???????

best wishes
phil

riggers