Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020221 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1515 on: June 13, 2008, 10:47:47 AM »
Yassas Erja, the gyros are delicious in there arent they. 

Keep em coming,

Negg, your reports are just as good!

Sharon xx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #1516 on: June 13, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
Another excellent report from our Guest Reporter.  Thanks and keep 'em coming.

Eileenx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #1517 on: June 13, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »
I see Erja has the official title now!
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1518 on: June 13, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »
I love the gyros - so soft and yummy!  Your daily reports are great.

Why is it there arent many comfortable seats around?  The seats in the restaurants are uncomfortable too, either upright or scratchy on your bare legs.  Thats why we go to the Thassala for a drink or two to sit in those nice comfy seats.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1519 on: June 13, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »
Its nice to have doubles, not drinks but a daily report from Eggy and a daily report from Erja.

That's the good news, the bad news it that the reports just make you want to be there more than ever. We are all very lucky to get so much information on a daily basis.

How about a "Shopping Guide to Corfu Town" Erja? We have only been around the town once and Helen would love to know where the best shops are. I must be a glutton for punishment for asking you.

It was interesting to read about the thunderstorm, because when I watched last nights sunset video, it really did look as if a storm was coming in from the west.

Lastly  Erja, is it true that you are leaving your Asus EEE at Brouklis, for Riggers to carry on as guest reporter next week? Maybe Laptop hire in Arillas could be a good idea. 

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1520 on: June 13, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »
I can only add to what everyone else is saying, Erja.  Just loving the daily reports, you're doing a great job!

lynn x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1521 on: June 13, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
Yassas ladies and gents,

Thank you for your kind words and here is what we did today :) *hic*

The cloudy day went nicely by having drinks all around the village. First it was Ammos with most comfortable chairs in the village and service with a smile. Number two was Thalassa where we stayed for a couple of hours over luxurious looooooooooooong lunch and watched the little showers die down. Also there was an excellent service with a smile from Spiros. Then we bumped into Eggy carrying a little black bin liner and he decided to take a picture of us taking a picture of him. Hmmmm....It is not meant to make sense, but that is the way it is :)

Then dodged another shower by diving into the Coconut where Eggy and Riggers joined us for a beverage and an ouzo and some politically incorrect jokes and “make me smile” was the theme :D We were the rowdiest table for miles I can tell you!

Other news are that Vasillis and Leo from Armourada were doing something on the car park opposite the taverna and it looked like hard work. It remains to be seen what is the end result.Marina pool is coming along nicely and they are building a pool bar which  looks very inviting now that the pool is filled with water.

There are several dogs that have greeted us every time we see them since we have been here. Unfortunately we do not know all their names, only their colouring. But they are a friendly kind and all love a good scratch behind their ears :)

It is a change over day and many a people from last week have gone home today. So there is some new talent to look forward to and some more chatting and meeting new people.

Not forgetting the football! Tonight is Holland v France and we re rooting for Dutch :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1522 on: June 13, 2008, 07:22:58 PM »
This was nearly an "eggs-clusive" .
A pic of the new on the spot reporter doing on the spot reporting!

(Note that this photo was taken in front of the new Marina pool which has now been well watered. - Won't be long for a big opening maybe!)

Anyway, together with side-kick Heide,( Batman and Robin eat yer heart out!,) patrolling those beaches looking for the best Arillas has to offer. - Spoilt for choice are they not?

At 2:30 pm with a very dull day the beach had few takers.

But, after a little drinking session with Erja , Heide and Riggers:.........................

..........dat ole sun came out and, at 5pm, looked a very good time to be on the beach

You just gotta persevere folks and wait for the opportunity.
Cheers
Negg.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1523 on: June 13, 2008, 07:26:31 PM »
I'm loving this!!

Great photos!! - sooooo wish I was there!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1524 on: June 14, 2008, 12:30:11 AM »
Great Celeb pics again, we love em.

It look like Erja is just about out drinking Riggers and do I spy an empty Royal Ionian Bottle on the table?

At last, we have a photo of  Riggers and  I can now add him to the montage. You look very happy and comfortable Rigs mate. I'm very jealous

Now .....there must be a story somewhere about this.........

Come on Erja, tell us what happened.

Was the Royal Ionian too strong?
Did Heidi kick you?
Did the red Pug drive over your ankle?

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #1525 on: June 14, 2008, 01:26:14 AM »
Eggy
Nice picks of Erja Heidi and Riggers but the should be out looking for My flip-flops, or did you have them in that little black bin liner?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1526 on: June 14, 2008, 02:24:17 AM »
Have been laughing my head off today. Thanks Erja and Eggy for such an upbeat and tongue in cheek Arillas Today. And Terry and John for your observations. Black bin liners, broken legs and red pugs will never be quite the same....

riggers....... it is great to see you in the flesh in Eggy's post. I can be certain that you out-drank Erja and Heidi. We have a book going here between jen and me - you're odds on favourite! We already know you're having a great time. Only a little while till we do too......

And Eggy - this was one of my favourite Arillas Today ever.
You just gotta persevere folks and wait for the opportunity
So many of those on offer in the next few weeks!

Thanks all
justphil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #1527 on: June 14, 2008, 04:04:51 AM »
Hi All!
Wish I was still there. All looks good, particularly the new Marina pool. Last time I saw it they were just starting to tile the inside of the concrete shell.
How's the other one doing? They had finished the tiles and were laying the 'surroundings'  when I left. Hope Dorita at the Bardis Sun Hotel has now got more bookings, she was a bit disappointed in May but was hoping for an improvement after all the hard work she and her family had put into the hotel. Great to see the hotel is now on this website! I had a great time there and can thoroughly recommend it.
Keep up the good work Eggy, great to have your regular updates and photos.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1528 on: June 14, 2008, 10:33:59 AM »
Now .....there must be a story somewhere about this.........

Come on Erja, tell us what happened.

Was the Royal Ionian too strong?
Did Heidi kick you?
Did the red Pug drive over your ankle?

Kalimera all,

There is no great story behind my bad hind leg unfortunately. It is a permanent injury and I have to wear the support at all times so not to damage the leg any further. Etsi ine zoe/such is life :)

This morning is sunny and few clouds are sailing past our balcony. Marika said her good byes last night as she flew home this morning. Now what else has happened...? The work at Armourada has been going on since early this morning and they have cemented the car park opposite the taverna and it looks nice and smooth.

The football once again was a pleasure to watch as the Dutch beat France with a nice score 4 - 1 and there was enough Royal Ionian ;) Tonight Greece plays Russia and after the shaky start we hope that Greece comes up trumps tonight.And Eggy, not a word.....! ;)

Shortly we will head to the beach and get on with sun worship. Life is good :)

Yassas and ta'raa! :D
Life is good ;)

Offline justjen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1529 on: June 14, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
There is no great story behind my bad hind leg unfortunately. It is a permanent injury and I have to wear the support at all times so not to damage the leg any further. Etsi ine zoe/such is life

Tha'ts rotton for you Erja - but glad that Eggy didn't talk it off!

lol! Jen

Booking.com