Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3077393 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1620 on: July 02, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »
Forum is quiet last few days. Where is everyone???

I can guess....
Phil

riggers

« Reply #1621 on: July 02, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »
And i think soon it will get even quieter.

riggers..

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #1622 on: July 02, 2008, 10:41:57 AM »
Just building up to it Phil !
15th of August.
The way thing's are going here at the moment I'll NEED this holiday.
My old Dad has just gone into a care home and now his partners relatives are chomping at the bit to pick over the remnant's !
Phone call's ,argument's, solicitor's and backbiting !
Who need's it !
Feel like chucking them the key and s***ing off !
Then again it'll be all the more sweet when we get over there !
Yamas !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1623 on: July 02, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »
Phil, as the weather has been nice here I have been out in the garden starting my holiday tan off, which will probably fade before I get to Arillas in September.  I massacred the garden and we were also digging out tree roots, more work for Mike so I cant leave him to do it on his own bless him, .. which means I cant be on here, as much as I would like it I cant be in two places at once, I know I would rather be in Arillas gardening anyway.

Eggy... roses always seem to do so well in Corfu dont they, your pink ones look especially good.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #1624 on: July 02, 2008, 01:43:04 PM »
Forum is quiet last few days. Where is everyone???

I can guess....
Phil

Doesn't look like last year on this date's record of online users will be broken this year then! :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

riggers

« Reply #1625 on: July 02, 2008, 01:45:12 PM »
Plenty of time yet Timbo :)

riggers....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1626 on: July 02, 2008, 08:12:34 PM »
Arillas today , good people is like a replay of this time last week, except that , although a few faces have changed, some faces still remain, and some have been replaced and  everybody is still having a good time.

And why not? -  Around 32 deg at 7:50 pm cannot be bad at all.

I went to a pals proposed new house today, just to report on the state of his build, and this is his veiw from the ground floor balcony.

Is that Arills down there?

And on the first floor you can see this every morning!

Just tucked above Arillas on the Kavvadades/Afionas area and only 5 minutes drive away to a "little paradise"
Can't be bad!

Down to earth now and we can see the very good freinds who I shared my first?, beer with today.Nothing like an small ale and putting the world to rights in a very good environment with knowledge-able pals.

Today is yet another day which goes into my mental scrapbook of "Good to be alive".

I finished up at the Rainbow Bar where I met Steve and Val and had a very good afternoon. ( This included quick chats with Kevin G and Sandy and family )
7 pm I got home and what an understanding Wegg is. Who's a lucky boy then?

I had forgotten just how good the Rainbow complex is. We stayed there on our very first vist to Arillas. Dimitris ( Jimmy) , Spiros and Family. Very good people!
Loadsa places to visit y'all but don't ignore this one!
My plan is now to take advantage of their Dart board some afternoons.
( Who wants a game? )

So, Yet to bump into Mango but give it time.
Cheers All
From a slightly inebriated Eggy who still has to convince Wegg that all I've drunk is 2 small lagers this pm. - Hmmmmm!
Negg

riggers

« Reply #1627 on: July 02, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
Sounds like you have had a real good Day Eggy. Two small beers, i believe you honestly.  :)

riggers....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1628 on: July 02, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »
Riggers

2 beers? - Sorry  I meant one. - PM is on it's way to you. Apolgies for spelling errors!

Negg

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1629 on: July 02, 2008, 10:56:27 PM »
hi eggy, totally agree with your comments about rainbow, we arrive early morning on the 8th, only 6 days to go now and counting down, oh and by the way i'll have a game of darts with ya see, ya in the rainbow shortly, cheers, jinksy

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #1630 on: July 02, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »
Hi, Eggy from Paul. Wonderful views from your photos. I guess life must be really idyllic for you right now. I`m dead jealous. Will have to make another trip to Arillas soon and hopefully meet.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #1631 on: July 02, 2008, 11:02:29 PM »
Baldy Barry - where are you flying from?  We arrive on 15 August as well from Norwich.  You sound as if you need the break.  We do too - too much domestic baggage.  Love Eggy's posts - just make us feel like we're there.  Have looked at Marika's pictures - superb.  Maybe we'll meet you - we're at the Marina.  We have so many people to meet up with that we've met over the years.  We just chill out for two weeks and love every minute.  See you there!

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #1632 on: July 02, 2008, 11:18:33 PM »
Hiya Ann.
We are flying from Newcastle .
Early morning flight so we'll get there in the daylight for a change !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1633 on: July 03, 2008, 12:45:29 AM »
This might be Glastonbury Today but here goes...

I put together a powerpoint slideshow of our future life in Arillas for my colleagues at work, and showed it to the union members yesterday, and my tutor group of 18-19 year olds today. They had a few laughs, especially me naked and covered in green mud but ended up green with envy about our plans.

In my retirement I have apparently escaped the insincere speech from head of team which was scheduled for 4th - I won't be there. Packing for Arillas....

We  have just got back from a "surprise party" in our local but I had sussed what they were doing. Loads of the people I work with (and adore like you lot) made the effort to be there, and our gorgeous landlord and landlady had made a table full of food (mezes). Reminded me of Dimitris and Roula. They even opened the pub early. Usually it is a funeral for that to happen - someone said you have to be dead to get the pub open early... we are still alive though.

Our Somerset village can be like our Arillas village, just can't work out which one we really live in...

justjen and justphil (philandjen) will hit Arillas next Monday. Just beware... the Arillas hippies will be in town.

cannot wait
retired phil and donkey without hind leg jen

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1634 on: July 03, 2008, 01:09:54 AM »
Hi Eggy,
What great views to wake up to in those photos!

Hiya Phil,
Congratulations on your retirement.  Not long till Arillas for you and Jen.
Enjoy,
Lynn & Colin

Booking.com