Author Topic: Day trips  (Read 7258 times)

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
Day trips
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »
Hello again

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any boat trips or day trips from Arillas when we go in September? 

We're planning on a day at Aqualand if we can, but also quite like the idea of some kind of organised boat trip (not hiring our own - yikes!  We'd be found floating somewhere off Albania!).

Any suggestions?

Ta!  :D

Maggie

Re: Day trips
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »
I think you can do a trip to corfu town, via Kassiopi. You go by coach to Kassiopi then by boat to Corfu town. Take a look at the travel shops in Arillas when you get there, or go in and ask whats available. I'm sure you will find something nice to do.

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:41:17 PM »
We're planning to go on a boat trip to Saranda from Corfu.
It'll be a nice day out, and a chance to meet different folk.

There is also a boat trip to a local island from either Arillas or San Stefanos (Cannot recall).

I'll also enquire at the the Travel Shop opposite Whispers.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »
Smoosh
Olgas Travel do a variety of Boat Trips.
You could e-mail her on olgastravel@gmail.com and she may come back to you with some ideas & prices.
Arkokal Travel and Arillas Travel can also help.
Negg

Offline lolly

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 04:41:01 PM »
There are boat trips going to Paxos.The one we went on had a swimming stop at anti Paxos. If I remember right there was also a trip to Albania, we didn't go on that one which had mixed reactions from those that did go. Apparently where the boat docked was not very nice but you could go on a coach tour for £10 that took you to some lovely places. I think there is a boat going to the mainland,docking somewhere a couple of hours drive from Parga.

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 12:32:49 AM »
really fancy the trip to Albania this year. Any feed back?
gaygo

Offline Paul & Nise

• Thisaldo
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 02:53:46 AM »
we went to Albania two years ago had a great time. Try to get on the smallest coach available as they can take you to places the others can't get to.  The trip round the ruins is fab but cover up and make sure you take your after bite. After paying for the trip you will spend very little else as every thing is so cheap. 

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
I got an email from Arkokal travel in Arillas giving details of some trips they offer.  If anyone wants a copy, PM me with your email address and I'll send it on.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 06:11:12 PM »
A good day out is the boat trip to Paxos & Parga  (on the mainland)..just don`t go if its very windy.........

Offline smoosh

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 03:11:29 PM »
We've had a look at the list Jenna very kindly sent to us from Arkokal Travel and think we quite fancy the Paxos / Antipaxos trip.  Anyone been on this that can give us a review?

Also, we're leaving on a Friday but not until the early hours of Saturday morning - our flight is at midnight-ish I think.  We're not going to have to go to the airport unitl about 10pm and we're at a loss as to what we'll do on that day!  Do you think the Akti Hotel will let us leave our baggage there for the day? 

There were some really nice looking trips on the Friday but they return back at 17.30 and I didn't know whether we'd be taking a risk going on a day trip on the day we leave....  Just can't think what else we're going to be able to do with all our swimming things etc packed up!

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 05:24:12 PM »
Smoosh, I'm sure Spiros at the Akti will be able to look after your luggage for you. They are a lovely family, could you say "Hi" to Spiros & Monica for us & tell Kostas I hope to have his trainers soon, (he'll understand).

Offline smoosh

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 05:27:05 PM »
That's nice to know - I'm from a Greek family and I know they aren't usually awkward!  Greek people are eternally hospitable!  Believe me - when we went to France that wasn't the case!   We had to lug our stuff around all day!

Will pass on your message too!

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
Thanks ! Hope you have a great time, don't forget to report back.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
hi Smoosh
we are usually on the midnight special,usually leave Arillas about 1pm in the morning.
so we look at it as another full day in Arillas...Usually crawl out if a taverana pick up the luggage & away.
The hotels nearly always fix you up with changing/washing facilities so I would not worry about going on the beach etc.
We have only been on the  Pasxos/Parga trip and we got back to Arillas about 10pm.
the Paxos / Anti paxos should return earlier as iti s not as far on the boat..but personally I would not risk it..If the weather turned nasty you may not get back!!
Just treat it as another days holiday ;-)

Booking.com