Author Topic: Manchester Airport  (Read 18006 times)

Offline Scowellfan

Manchester Airport
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Hi

I'm flying on Monarch 3rd Sept 11.15am, are there any hold ups at security, do I need to get there more than 2 hours before? any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Manchester Airport
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »
No it seems to be early Friday afternoon's that Manchester hits a bottlekneck, you will now doubt have boring queues on Mondays but no worse than any other day here.

Also don't forget if the queues are isnsane everybody on the flight will be in the same position as you and Manchester now queue manage so you will be expedited through if needs be or the aircraft will take a delay.

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »
SCowellfan, i think we are on the same flight as you are!! We have never flown from Manchester before but are planning to get there early.

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:05:35 PM »
we fly monday 20th at 10.30 from manchester and the check in time is 7.30 an hour earlier than usual
gaygo

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
Oh dear, thanks for that information about Friday afternoons at Manchester Joe!!
I have always hated Manchester Airport (soooooooo big) and we are having to fly from there at 13.25 on 28th September due to XL cancelling our evening flights from East Midlands.
Fiona

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
Once August is out of the way things will steadily improve.

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »
I am having some regrets about goin from Manchester, we sually go from East Midlands or Leeds Bradford. The new arrangments for getting from the long stay car park to the terminal building are not funny. They can only drop off at the train station due to vehcles not being allowed near the terminal building. It's a long walk from either, I know it is all for passenger safety but it's seems silly not allowing the shuttle bus upto the terminal.
We travelled to the USA two weeks ago and it is just like organied chaos !

Diane

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
The buses are now allowed to stop near Olympic House, which is just opposite the Old My Travel (Now Jet 2) check-in which is just below the Thomas Cook desks so things are very slowly getting better.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 10:45:06 PM »
seems weird in good old blighty its 3 hrs before checkin. but coming home from corfu the checkin opens 2hrs before takeoff and the flight still takes off on time.weirddddddddd.

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:33:42 PM »
Hi kevin.g.
               The extra time required for check-in at UK Airports is due to the extra security measures.

Things are more relaxed at holiday destinations.

We bought water at the airport in May, but had to dump it just before going through to Air-Side.

My wife and friend had to transfer perfume and other cosmetics, from hand luggage, to suitcases before check-in.  :-I

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 06:22:57 PM »
We flew from Manchester 4 weeks ago and was dropped off outside 1 of the terminals but had to walk to our terminal (cant remember which ) but only took 5 mins and the wait to check in was only about 10 mins so not that bad .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 05:16:39 PM »
seems weird in good old blighty its 3 hrs before checkin. but coming home from corfu the checkin opens 2hrs before takeoff and the flight still takes off on time.weirddddddddd.

As correctly mentioned our security procedures are more vigourous due to the nature of the perceived threat on flights departing the UK, not arriving.

The other reason is that most of the Greek charter destination airports are very small and cannot cope with the amount of passengers passing through, allowing groups to arrive closer to departure time helps ease this congestion.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 01:02:48 PM »
We went from Manchester, Monday 6th August from Terminal 1.  Were able to get dropped off just outside the building, arrived at 7.30ish for an 11.00 flight, checked in and got through security, were eating our breakfasts by 8.50 so all in all, not too bad.
Cheryl O

Offline pg32

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 01:48:25 PM »
Hi all!

We fly from Manchester on 3rd September and i was wondering what time people think we should get to the airport? I see Cheryl2307 got there at about 7:30am, is this about right?

Thanks

Paul.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »
Aim to be at check-in between 2 and 2 1/2 hours before your flight.

Booking.com