Author Topic: Back to reality....  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Back to reality....
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »
Arrived home to the rain and cold yesterday morning after another fantastic two weeks in Arillas. Where shall I begin?

People - all the usual August crowd at the Rainbow where as ever we had some good laughs. Jimmy and Spiros and the whole Anthis family were as always hospitable and welcoming, and a good party on Jimmy's birthday. I was pleased to see Yannis back to his usual self although working far too hard.
Then all our friends in the village, particularly everyone at Brouklis. Lovely to see Eggy and his wife, and to meet a few others from the Forum - Jo Wissett and family, and Cheryl.

Weather - perfect. Endless sunshine, but an hour of rain one afternoon. No sooner had we come off the beach when it cleared up and we all went back...Not unbearably hot the first week as there was plenty of breeze but the last few days the temperature seemed to increase and I burned my feet on the sand. We were glad of our air conditioning.

Beach - think I've said it all on another topic (nudee beach access). All I can say is BRILLIANT. Lots of waves the first week, then as calm as a mill pond the last few days. No sign of jelly fish.

Food - lots of it! Excellent meals everywhere. Mostly at Brouklis but we decided to share the love a bit this year as we felt guilty taking a table every night when they were so busy. Had a good meal at Thalassa but as has been said elsewhere - slow service. A very impressive meal at the Horizon - I recommend the swordfish and the taramosalata, all very reasonably priced. A good meal at the fish restaurant (even got a lift back to the Rainbow!!!) And some excellent meals at the Rainbow - the food there just gets better each year.

Drink - too much of it!! Must have consumed at least 10 litres of retsina - Eggy and his wife led me astray one night and we had about 4 bottles. Also copious amounts of vodka....and shots.....not a single hangover although a certain person who shall remain nameless, lost a whole day of her holiday....

Mozzies - only one bite!! Took the usual precautions but they were really not a problem this year. Tried Eggy's Buzz Off from Superdrug and it seemed to work well for me. I saw about one wasp and one fly, but was bitten by an ant in a rather uncomfortable place whilst on the beach.

That's all for now. I've been catching up on the Forum and must say that without me here to maintain standards of decorum, things do seem to have got a bit out of hand. Eggy warned me there was lots going on.....jellyfish treatment? Arillas song? A-Z of photographs? Swingers?

However, I am very impressed with some of the recent photos. Eileen - love the new glamorous photo, and yours Blondegirl (not glamourous but nice).

So, back to work tomorrow. If Nelly hasn't told you the story of her knickers by the end of the day, I will...and oh yes, I think William is in town!
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Back to reality....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 12:56:28 AM »
Glad you had a great time... Sounds fantastic!

I have tried to change my photo but most of them are a bit too big and I cant change them. I liked this one too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
Glad you had a great time -  Am i right in thinking you have got at least another one to squeeze in this year ;)  or is that it until next year.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 01:07:51 PM »
Sounds like you had lots of fun! Thank you for the report Sandy :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 01:33:35 PM »
Let you into a secret folks.
That Retsina Sandy was talking about having with us. I'm sure Mrs Eggy and I only had a glassful each?
Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »
Oohhh Sandy you secret is out....or is Eggs telling 'eggy weggys'?!! ;-)

Eileenxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 02:08:30 PM »
Eggy is telling very big eggy weggys..... he must be scrambled.....if I remember rightly, I left them finishing off the final bottle!
Sandy x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 03:03:37 PM »
Welcome back Sandy xxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 03:21:34 PM »
Thanks Sharon x
Sandy x

Offline Peter and Andrea

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
Arrived home to the rain and cold yesterday morning after another fantastic two weeks in Arillas. Where shall I begin?

People - all the usual August crowd at the Rainbow where as ever we had some good laughs. Jimmy and Spiros and the whole Anthis family were as always hospitable and welcoming, and a good party on Jimmy's birthday. I was pleased to see Yannis back to his usual self although working far too hard.
Then all our friends in the village, particularly everyone at Brouklis. Lovely to see Eggy and his wife, and to meet a few others from the Forum - Jo Wissett and family, and Cheryl.

Weather - perfect. Endless sunshine, but an hour of rain one afternoon. No sooner had we come off the beach when it cleared up and we all went back...Not unbearably hot the first week as there was plenty of breeze but the last few days the temperature seemed to increase and I burned my feet on the sand. We were glad of our air conditioning.

Beach - think I've said it all on another topic (nudee beach access). All I can say is BRILLIANT. Lots of waves the first week, then as calm as a mill pond the last few days. No sign of jelly fish.

Food - lots of it! Excellent meals everywhere. Mostly at Brouklis but we decided to share the love a bit this year as we felt guilty taking a table every night when they were so busy. Had a good meal at Thalassa but as has been said elsewhere - slow service. A very impressive meal at the Horizon - I recommend the swordfish and the taramosalata, all very reasonably priced. A good meal at the fish restaurant (even got a lift back to the Rainbow!!!) And some excellent meals at the Rainbow - the food there just gets better each year.

Drink - too much of it!! Must have consumed at least 10 litres of retsina - Eggy and his wife led me astray one night and we had about 4 bottles. Also copious amounts of vodka....and shots.....not a single hangover although a certain person who shall remain nameless, lost a whole day of her holiday....

Mozzies - only one bite!! Took the usual precautions but they were really not a problem this year. Tried Eggy's Buzz Off from Superdrug and it seemed to work well for me. I saw about one wasp and one fly, but was bitten by an ant in a rather uncomfortable place whilst on the beach.

That's all for now. I've been catching up on the Forum and must say that without me here to maintain standards of decorum, things do seem to have got a bit out of hand. Eggy warned me there was lots going on.....jellyfish treatment? Arillas song? A-Z of photographs? Swingers?

However, I am very impressed with some of the recent photos. Eileen - love the new glamorous photo, and yours Blondegirl (not glamourous but nice).

So, back to work tomorrow. If Nelly hasn't told you the story of her knickers by the end of the day, I will...and oh yes, I think William is in town!

Offline Peter and Andrea

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 03:50:37 PM »
Hi Sandy
Think we can guess the name of the person who lost a day's holiday!
Glad you had a good time and hope to see you later in the season.
Peter and Andrea

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »
Actually, it's probably not the person you are thinking of....but you do know her! We will be back on October 5th so maybe see you then?
Sandy x

Offline Peter and Andrea

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
Don't tell me she stayed sober all holiday! Intigued now as to who you mean but will wait until October for more information.
How's your house doing?

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »
I've been catching up on the Forum and must say that without me here to maintain standards of decorum, things do seem to have got a bit out of hand. Eggy warned me there was lots going on.....jellyfish treatment? Arillas song? A-Z of photographs? Swingers?

Ahh Sandy - Decorum can easily stifle a good debate, and besides, we have had many laughs over the last week.

TerryW

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 04:54:01 PM »
I can see that....have only just caught up with the crazy handshake! Still, we have to do something to keep ourselves amused when we are not out in Arillas don't we?
Sandy x

Booking.com