Author Topic: Transfer journey  (Read 10244 times)

Darren06

Transfer journey
« on: March 21, 2004, 06:46:45 PM »
Myself, Partner and two children are coming to Arillas Bay Apartments at the beginning of August for two weeks.

We have read good things about Arillas and we are really looking forward to getting there. The problem is the transfer from Corfu Airport. We have heard it could be up to 3 hours and with the children being tired from travelling we are thinking of getting a Taxi instead of the coach. Is this a bad idea? Please could someone advise us of the best way.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Transfer journey
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 07:07:56 PM »
8)Drop Dimitris an e-mail, He will be able to advise you, it was about 35 euro last year I don't know about this year.(info@arillas.com) for Dimitris,
                 Regards,
                             Ivan

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Transfer journey
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 07:09:11 PM »
Hello Darren,

We were over a few times last year and only once did we take the coach transfer, which took two and a half hours including changing from a coach to a mini-bus in Sidari.  Quite a few people decided later to take a taxi, for the return journey to the airport.
Hiring a car is a good option, but if you don't want the hassle of driving then taxi would be a be a good alternative.  I'm sorry I don't have a  definite price for it, I did read somewhere last year that it was 30euros, but then perhaps that was from an outdatd guide.  I'm sure some of the other members will be able to help you better there.
One things for sure........no matter how you arrive you are sure to enjoy your holiday. :D  :D

Eileen

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
arillas bay apartments
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 08:13:47 PM »
hi darren and family,we are also staying at arillas bay this year we're going  the 2nd august.we went to arillas last year and it took us 3 hours to get to the resort it was longer than the flight!!!!but well worth the wait.see you in arillas.cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
transfer journey
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 12:20:35 AM »
Hi Darren
We were out in Arillas last October again and we either get a taxi which last oct cost 40 euros but worth it or hire a car from Arillas rent a car and Theo or his mum or dad from Anna studios drops it at airport for us and we have the car for the week. if you want there email address for car hire drop us a line through the forum.
have a nice hol we are out in May!!!!!!! i will let you know.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Darren

Thank you
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 12:06:59 PM »
Thank you to all who posted a reply to the Transfer query. If the friendly replies is an advert for Arillas then the family and I are going to have a great time!!!! Carol, we will see you there as we are going at the same time as you.

Offline peter

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Transfer journey
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 07:23:23 PM »
I would recommend that you opt for a taxi from the airport my wife and i and our 2 young children were unfortunate enough to experience 3 hours of sight seeing round Corfu before being abandond in Sidari at mid day by a pool with no information and the children screaming and being told that we could not use any of the facilities. However we were fortunate to be staying at Anna Studios (the best we have ever experience in all our travels in Greece) and the fraught transfer was quickly forgotten. I should also point out that Corfu Airport to Arillas should take maximum 40mins.
Hope this is of help
Peter

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
taxi
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 11:28:33 PM »
yassoo darren
                     as paul has said the best option is a taxi,cost40 euros before midnight but will go up to about 50/55 after midnight,if the wife is worried about there driving they are very careful and as with the rest of the island they dont rush.
                                       enjoy your stay
                                    norm&sandy

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Taxi to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 10:33:25 AM »
Hi,
This forum is getting very useful. I’m very happy to see all of you organizing a very informative site for my Village.
I should have to say that the bus transfer from the airport to Arillas with the package holidays companies does not always take so long. The problem is that we are never sure whether it will take an hour or three hours.
Taxi is the best way to arrive to Arillas. However it is not so easy to find one direct on the airport especially on Mondays and Saturdays. (Busiest change-over days.) Especially in August.
 You can book taxis from home through the local travel agencies in Corfu. You should make sure that you find out the location of your Accommodation to avoid hesitation. Arillas is not known well by all taxi drivers and it would be not easy to find your apartment especially in the middle of the night.
The legal price is 35.oo to 45.oo Euros depending on whether you have booked it through an agent or being late at night etc. The price is for all the passengers (until 4).
An other option is of course to hire a car, prefer the car rentals of Arillas because they will always be next to you during your holiday. Cars are delivered to the airport and can also be left there on departure. (On request). If you have booked a car from home you can always contact me and I will send you a full description of the journey to Arillas.

Well, that was enough for now, I should have to go back to my work, I need to get ready for the new Season.
I wish you a nice stay in Arillas :)  :arrow:  8)  :!:

Best regards,

Dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Dimitris Thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 03:25:09 PM »
Hi Dimitris, thanks for your help in organising the mini bus to pick us up from the airport.  As there will be 6 of us this year it made more sense for us all to travel together rahter than get 2 taxis (cheaper as well).

The people at Arkokal Travel seem really friendly and have taken all our flight details.

See you in 5 weeks.
Best wishes Jill
Jill XXX

Booking.com