Author Topic: libra holidays  (Read 36221 times)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
libra holidays
« on: August 25, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »
Does anybody know if its true that Libra have completely pulled out of Arillas?

Offline alyvin

Re: libra holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:42:14 PM »
In answer to my own question, Arillas has been withdrawn from the Libra internet booking system.

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:49:40 PM »
I have booked with Libra for next year

Offline alyvin

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »
Yes so have I. I've emailed them to see what is happening to the booking. They haven't replied as yet. I only booked a couple of days ago.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »

Terry/Alvyn,

I would really force the issue with Libra.  This year there have been many people who have had their hotels/apartments changed by their tour operator (this was not in Arillas).  The tour operators did not inform them until the last minute which forced the customers into taking alternative accommodation in another resort.  I know one family who booked All Inclusive in a northern resort only to be sent down to Kavos.

In this particular case a little background investigation proved that the tour ops knew of the situation well before the customer was notified.  Let's face it they would not want everyone canceling their holiday and going with another T.Op, so the later they leave informing you of the change the less chance there is of this happening.

Eileenx

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »
All I can say is that we were told in June that Libra will not be in Arillas for 2008 this was unoffical by a friend but they must have heard it from a good sauce or wouldnt have told us. If I was you and you know the person that owns whereever you have booked for you could ask them if its true and when they knew and if it is a while ago you should have a real go at Libra If you dont want to do this I will ask at the Horizon for you in September as they are with Libra at the moment. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 08:06:10 PM »
Oh my goodness!!! 

I don't believe it !!!!

We've booked with Libra to go to Arillas in 2 weeks, there is no way I'm going to accept an alternative destination such as Kavos, Sidari, Paleokastritsas, Dassia, Ipsos, Benitsas, Moraitika, Acharavi, Roda..... to name few.

Vivian, was the "sauce" Greek?  ;-)

Anyone seen Libra reps in  Arillas lately?
Anyone on a Libra holiday in Arillas now?

Information greatly appreciated.  :-)

Offline alyvin

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 08:53:12 PM »
James W don't worry about your booking for this year it's 2008 they have withdrawn.
Terryw, I think we need to worry as Libra's terms and conditions count this as a minor change and can put us anywhere in the area (ie: Sidari).

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 09:47:18 PM »
My sauce is greek yes. James we are at Horizon with Libra in a few weeks time have been before with them and all was fine. We are now talking 2008. Will find out all I can when we get there and let you all knowas soon as possable. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
Phew!!!
           Thank you alyvin and vivian, I was a bit concerned.

vivian, we'll be at the far end of the main road from you shortly. I'll ask the Rep about it.

Perhaps next year we'll book the cheapest 'Package Holiday' to Corfu, and make our own way to Arillas.
We were going to do that this September to get to San Stefanos, but I found this Forum.  :-)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 12:36:53 AM »
Thomas Cook did that this year for the Galini.  Some booked last year for the Galini with T.C this year in June and had theirs cancelled, but I think it might be due to the flights and another family booked too but theirs was ok but from a different airport.  I dont know whether that might have a bearing on it - the flights.  I would be very upset if I had booked for next year and it was going pear shaped already!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 01:10:27 AM »
Thanks for the information everyone. I have emailed the Horizon and I will also ring Marino tomorrow, and I will also ring Katherine, the Libra Rep. I only spoke to her last week and she did tell me I couldn't book for next year.

This is very worrying because we had the same thing happen last year with Kosmar, and we lost £200.00 deposit. I would never book any holiday with Kosmar because they a corrupt company as far as I am concerned. I just hope that the same thing will not happen with Libra.

I will hopefully find something out tomorrow.

Yamass - donuts donuts

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 10:02:02 AM »
I'll see what I can "discreetly" find out.
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »
I have spoken to Katherine today, and she has only heard "rumours". She is going to a meeting at Libra, in Corfu Town, today and she said she will try to get more information.

I have just watched the news of the fires, on the maim land, they are so awful and so sad that 50 people are dead and lots more will be out of work due to loss of agricultural land. It is so tragic.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 12:11:44 PM »
I have now spoken to Marino at the Horizon and he said that Libra are not booking his rooms in 2008. He suggests that I get my money back and book directly with him.

I need to phone Libra now

I was so excited earlier in the week that I had booked, but it now it is a feeling of desperation to ensure I get a booking for next year.

Terry

Booking.com