Author Topic: libra holidays  (Read 36253 times)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: libra holidays
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
I feel the same terryw. I only booked a couple of days ago and was dead excited. I've paid £180 deposit which I feel sure thet must refund as they must have known about this situation when I booked.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »
I can confirm what Terry says.
Horizon is not with Libra next year, Marino suggess anyone wanting to stay there should book privately and deal direct with him.

He has authorised me to make this post to keep forum members updated.

I also hear that Libra has withdrawn from Anna's. ( if you don't already know. )

Negg

Offline Anna (anna-studios)

• http://www.arillascars.com
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
yes is truth
libra goes so they phone you later on and send you somewhere else.

i confirm my guests to dont book for next year from the bigging of may because libra de late to come here for new contarcts so we expect that but not 100% sure.

hope you coming back all of you

regards
anna

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 08:51:10 PM »
ps.last year when we change from libra to first choice and the system at libra still axcept bookings when we dont have new contract the people the book all ready for me thay have the money back.
hope they do the same now

yes is truth
libra goes so they phone you later on and send you somewhere else.

i confirm my guests to dont book for next year from the bigging of may because libra de late to come here for new contarcts so we expect that but not 100% sure.

hope you coming back all of you

regards
anna
[/quote]

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
I have spoken to Marino three times  today and I have now booked directly with him. There is no way that I was going to miss another holiday in Arillas at the Horizon. It will cost me about £350 more, but it will be worth it.

I now have to book flights from Birmingham and  the cheapest I have found so far is about £190.00 per person. Is this a good price or would I get cheaper flights?

I honestly think that holiday companies are having to cut margins and are forcing Hotels like the Horizon to let their rooms at low rates. This then puts financial pressure on the hotel which could lead to lower standards.

My total cost with Libra was £760.00 for self catering including flights and  I will now be paying 75 euros per room per night but this will include a breakfast. I think that to be going on holiday to a hotel that you know is clean, has wonderful staff, fantastic food and is yards from the beach is worth a lot. I also know that I am helping the local economy and not boosting the profits ofa  travel company that advertise rooms that they know are no longer available.

This is the second time in three years that this has happened to me, so I will now book all my holidays directly and will bypass Travel Companies completely.

PS thanks Alvyn for raising this topic, it has saved a great deal of heartache.

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:22:27 PM »
terryw, your comment about Kosmar reminded me of when I was checking the resorts of Corfu for suitability.

Holiday companies were also being checked, Kosmar did not feature too highly in reports I viewed.

I did wonder about Libra, but didn't find as many negative issues, therefore felt safer booking with them.

Being on holiday when the company you're with goes bang' still echoes in my mind from the 1970's (or was it the 1980's?)

Just in case, I'm just wondering if Anna has vacancies from the 3rd to 10th of September 2007?  ;-)

Next year we may book direct and sort out the flight ourselves?  :-)

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 10:28:15 PM »

Maggie

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 10:48:23 PM »
Terry, I think you've done alright to get flights for £190. I take it thats for 2 weeks? I'm going in 2 weeks time, and I paid £148. for a week. The prices I've seen for next year are a wee bit more than I paid this year. I suppose thats to be expected tho.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 02:39:23 PM »
I fly out from Exeter and it looks as if all the Tour companies have pulled out of Exeter/Corfu for 2008 so looks like Sally and I will have to start looking at other holidays than in Arillas.What makes me sick is Exeter is great fro Tenerife but i would rather stay at home than go somewhere like that.We are going to have to have a long think about things now.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline alyvin

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
Terryw, I haven't spoken to Libra yet. Did you get your deposit back?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »
Harold
Is not Bristol another option for you? Maybe an extra hours travel but prices were comparible to Exeter. - Unless things have changed.
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »
Alvyn

I have spoken to Libra today. They told me that their "Contracts Person" will not be back in the country until mid-September and they won't know what the situation is with the Horizon till then. I told them that I had spoken to the owner of the Horizon and had been told that Libra will not be booking holidays with them in 2008. Libra then told me to contact Travelcare, who I had booked with, and I would be given a refund.

I have phoned Travelcare and they say that I must put a cancellation request, in writing, to them by email and the deposit will be refunded and (wow) no charges will be made for the cancellation.

They gave me a "strange"  email address.... travelcare.admin@letsco-operates.com.

I will send the email later today and we will see what happens.

TerryW

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »
Terry,  re:  your holiday flights have you tried a quote from Nancy @ corfuescape as she also does flight only - have a look at the online booking system.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline alyvin

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »
Terryw I booked with Libra on the internet. I spoke to them today and they say they don't know anything until mid september and refuse to discuss a refund.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »
We sent an E-Mail to freinds this morning that have booked Horizon, for next year, through Libra. They were not aware of any problems but will contact Libra.

This sort of situation worries me a little.
What if Libra were only "considering" the option of breaking away from "Horizon" but were keeping it on hold until they reviewed bookings, January maybe.
By cancelling bookings does that increase the danger of them withdrawing?

But Marino did give his permission to confirm the rumour.

All very confusing and worrying for both Owners & Holidaymakers.

Let's hope both Annas studios and Horizon continue to get support from the regulars.
( Are not Alexandros with Libra as well? - Not sure )

Negg

Booking.com